Thread: Got a problem with the shipping charge on Club Eternia subscription

Got a problem with the shipping charge on Club Eternia subscription

Hi,

I subscripbed to the Club Eternia from South Africa and tried to get it to authorize with my credit card and normal non-guaranteed shipping ($9). When I tried to click submit, it kept coming back to the same credit card details page. Eventually I changed it to the other shipping option ($75) and it seemed to still not accept. I went out of the screen, clicked back on checkout (now $114) and changed the shipping back to international shipping ($9). I clicked submit and suddenly it accepted it, except with a charge of $75 shipping! I can't afford that every month, so is there any way I can contact anyone at Mattel or somewhere to change my shipping to normal internarional $9 shipping? If anyone can help me, please tell me what to do. I don't want to cancel my subscription, I just don't want to pay 3 times the figure's cost on shipping every month.

Thanks,
    Jan

You'd think they would work something out by giving you a discount on shipping for going with the subscription. Like what was mentioned earlier in a locked thread, Matty's wasting resources with the bonus figures as far as their packing materials are concerned. If you look at the additional costs for the bonus figures, it's not like they'd lose that much money on halfing the shipping costs for the subsciptions if you expect these customers to go ahead and buy the bonus figures as well. If you're enough of a fan to commit to 12 figures per subscription, they should be ready to anticipate these same customers buying the bonus figures. I know what you're saying, a little bit of a break on these costs would be nice. We're not asking for reduced costs on the product, it'd be just a little more practical to discount the shipping. In a case like yours, I'd suggest an international subscription plan with these ideas in mind.

I'm having the same looping problem on that screen it keeps asking me to select a shipping method even though economy is selected, I've been trying to order since Thursday!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm having the same looping problem on that screen it keeps asking me to select a shipping method even though economy is selected, I've been trying to order since Thursday!
    I had the same problem and here is the possible solution, which I got from a fellow orger (this worked for me):

When you are on shipping option / credit card info screen, select shipping option you want, if the shipping option does not stick, click the "CheckOut Now" button on the top of the screen, which takes you back to the first screen of the shopping cart. Now proceed normally to the next screen, which is the shipping option / credit card info screen. Shipping option you selected earlier, should now be selected and you can continue and finish up your order.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Warrior
    I've run into a bit of trouble as well.

On 2 separate orders I selected Next Day Shipping, submitted the Order with the correct Shipping/Charges showing and wound up with Standard UPS Ground Shipping on the Invoice and Credit Card. I tried calling Customer Service but they were closed. (It's a bit suprising that Mattel has NO online Customer Service.)

I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get this switched but I have a feeling that I'm going to be disappointed with the answer.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    I had the same problem and here is the possible solution, which I got from a fellow orger (this worked for me):

When you are on shipping option / credit card info screen, select shipping option you want, if the shipping option does not stick, click the "CheckOut Now" button on the top of the screen, which takes you back to the first screen of the shopping cart. Now proceed normally to the next screen, which is the shipping option / credit card info screen. Shipping option you selected earlier, should now be selected and you can continue and finish up your order.

- Joni -
    Yep that worked cheers mate, now ordered.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    I've run into a bit of trouble as well.

On 2 separate orders I selected Next Day Shipping, submitted the Order with the correct Shipping/Charges showing and wound up with Standard UPS Ground Shipping on the Invoice and Credit Card. I tried calling Customer Service but they were closed. (It's a bit suprising that Mattel has NO online Customer Service.)
    I recently noticed the same thing happened to me with the 3 subs I ordered. I checked the invoice and they charged me for the cheapest shipping, instead of the overnight. *sigh*

If I put in an order for another subscription, and chose overnight using the trick posted in this thread, do you think the rest might revert to overnight as well? (since they're all supposed to be shipped together)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

if it`s not taking your shipping info, hit the checkout and that will refresh everything and should work, that`s the route I took and it worked like a charm!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I recently noticed the same thing happened to me with the 3 subs I ordered. I checked the invoice and they charged me for the cheapest shipping, instead of the overnight. *sigh*

If I put in an order for another subscription, and chose overnight using the trick posted in this thread, do you think the rest might revert to overnight as well? (since they're all supposed to be shipped together)

Difficult to say. My best guess would be "No". My understanding is that Separate Orders = Separate Shipping Charges. I placed my second order with the understanding that this would be the case. However, the second order didn't go as planned either. I'll update on here after I've had a chance to speak with CS.

I hate that you've run into the same problem I have, but I'm glad to now that I'm not alone!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    I hate that you've run into the same problem I have, but I'm glad to now that I'm not alone!
    Same here.

I'm sort of worried there's gonna be a slew of other problems to come, now that I've experienced my first error with the subscription.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Same here.

I'm sort of worried there's gonna be a slew of other problems to come, now that I've experienced my first error with the subscription.
    I'm right there with ya. It's taken a pretty big leap of faith to jump into a year long unbreakable commitment when we haven't even had a chance to see how the 2009 Sub. will pan out, not to mention the whole "Bonus Figure" mess that has just been revealed to us, after many of us already committed ourselves to the 2010 plan, of course.

I suppose all we can do is hope for the best!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Same here

- Joni -
    Worked like a treat, thanks EuroCoin

I really hope Mattel fixes this sort of thing soon

Thing is, I still can't find a way to contact Mattel to fix the shipping. There is a phone number but that's it. Is that the only way of contacting them? I don't want the most expensive shipping. I'd rather take the chance that the item does not get dilivered than pay $75 for shipping. So is there an e-mail I can use, or will I be making international calls?

Thanks for the help, anyway, guys.

Jan

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

- Joni -
    Worked for me, thanks for the info

Seriously though - when the **** are they gonna sort this site out?! It's beyond a joke now!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Had the same problem, and created a thread just like this but was merged with the subscription thread.
    The problem is that if we don't keep this problem visible to mattel so that they get aware of the glitch, we might well say goodbye to Hero..guess what these two more screens would mean with our beloved red screen of doom..

Ugh. What a load of crap. I just got off the phone with customer service, and apparently there's no way to adjust my orders to the correct shipping. I'm stuck with the cheap shipping, even though that's not what I picked.

Widget

The same is in South America!

I tried to suscribe, and in shipping cost there is no posibility of using $9 shipping... (the same I'm actually using for 2009 figures). The value is now $50 shipping and is very expensive.
    I couldnot find other way to suscribe using the cheaper shipping, so I didnot suscribe!.
    PLEASE, DOES SOMEONE KNOW IF $50 WILL BE EACH MONTH INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COST? (southamerica)
    and in that case...
    IF I HAVE MORE SUSCRIPTIONS... ALL THE FIGURES EACH MONTH CAN BE SHIPPIED PAYING $50?

Please, I really need this information. I need to believe in this new toys!
    Keep the power friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnor View Post
    Hi,

I subscripbed to the Club Eternia from South Africa and tried to get it to authorize with my credit card and normal non-guaranteed shipping ($9). When I tried to click submit, it kept coming back to the same credit card details page. Eventually I changed it to the other shipping option ($75) and it seemed to still not accept. I went out of the screen, clicked back on checkout (now $114) and changed the shipping back to international shipping ($9). I clicked submit and suddenly it accepted it, except with a charge of $75 shipping! I can't afford that every month, so is there any way I can contact anyone at Mattel or somewhere to change my shipping to normal internarional $9 shipping? If anyone can help me, please tell me what to do. I don't want to cancel my subscription, I just don't want to pay 3 times the figure's cost on shipping every month.

Thanks,
    Jan

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Same problem Here. Im from Spain and I cant cancel the subscription. I choose economy option, but UPS was charged and MATTEL doesn´t have a mail to check this problems?

International buyers need an online solution, not a phone number.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Well I just went through the shipping loop a few times but thank goodness there is the Org to tell you how to get through this kind of snafu - seriously Mattel how prehistoric does your website have to get before you take the time to fix it so it actually works? - I have never had this range of problems with any other etailer or manufacturer - it's embarrasing!!

Get a grip!

Just an update: I decided to take the international call charges and phoned the helpline to see if someone can help with the shipping. After a conversation of about 20 minutes, the person I spoke to told me that she'd sent my details to the distribution department who will try to work something out for me and let me know via e-mail within 36 hours. Well, it's been 3 days, and I guess the only option left for me is to call again to find out what the update is. International calls is expensive though, so I'm not too keen on that option either. I guess all I can hop for then is that Mattel update their website and enables you to change your shipping order before next year. I'm not very hopeful, though. At $90 per figure, eBay is actually starting to seem reasonably priced.