Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Petition to Mattel: Make Modulok and Multi-Bot more compatible than in the 80ies!

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Monasterium, Germany
    Posts
    797

    Petition to Mattel: Make Modulok and Multi-Bot more compatible than in the 80ies!

    Hey guys, I'm NOT Pixel Dan, but I have an idea that came to my mind when following some threads here.

    I think an action feature is inevitable in the case of Modulok and his parts should be interchangeable with Multi-Bot, but imagine one thing: HOW AWESOME would it be, if he was compatible with all the parts from Trap Jaw, Spikor, Roboto, Hurricane Hordak, Horde Prime? What if we could use Mekaneck's neck on him? Imagine two Moduloks combined in their middle with a Mekaneck neck...

    Give him parts where we can pop Draego Man's wings in! A flying Modulok... what an incredible threat!

    If and when you get to Cliff Climber, Tower Tools, Scubattack-- make those weapons interchangeable, too! What about Hurricane Hordak having the Cliff Climber drill as arm attachment... and now imagine Modulok with a drill as arm, a saw on a second arm, the Hurricane weapons and so on...or Multi-Bot with all of Roboto's weapons...

    And please make the filmation attachments, too....!

    I think most fans will pay more for such an incredible beast!

    Are you with me?

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Hey guys, I'm NOT Pixel Dan, but I have an idea that came to my mind when following some threads here.

    I think an action feature is inevitable in the case of Modulok and his parts should be interchangeable with Multi-Bot, but imagine one thing: HOW AWESOME would it be, if he was compatible with all the parts from Trap Jaw, Spikor, Roboto, Hurricane Hordak, Horde Prime? What if we could use Mekaneck's neck on him? Imagine two Moduloks combined in their middle with a Mekaneck neck...

    Give him parts where we can pop Draego Man's wings in! A flying Modulok... what an incredible threat!

    If and when you get to Cliff Climber, Tower Tools, Scubattack-- make those weapons interchangeable, too! What about Hurricane Hordak having the Cliff Climber drill as arm attachment... and now imagine Modulok with a drill as arm, a saw on a second arm, the Hurricane weapons and so on...or Multi-Bot with all of Roboto's weapons...

    And please make the filmation attachments, too....!

    I think most fans will pay more for such an incredible beast!

    Are you with me?
    I would be more concerned with them maintaining the durability and long-term play of a toy that needs to be handled and posed more constantly than most other Masters. Those new parts you mentioned sound like they would need extra ports as well (at least for the wings). After Snout Spout and Roboto's mishandling, I would prefer they get it right-on than get overly ambitious. But the idea itself has merit.

    As someone who buys multiples for display purposes, even I am unsure about doing all that you suggest you want to do with them, but definitely to each their own.

  3. #3
    Eternian Scribe Jay Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Five Lands
    Posts
    366
    I think it's a cool idea. If there's something that plugs in on other male MOTUC figures, you should be able to stick it into Modulok. Yeah, that's right.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    They could easily use the Spikor and/or Horde Prime adapter ports for both figures and save on tooling costs there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bell View Post
    I think it's a cool idea. If there's something that plugs in on other male MOTUC figures, you should be able to stick it into Modulok. Yeah, that's right.
    ALSO LOL!

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior labrat1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    165
    What I want is a Filmation-looking Modulok, with only one head attachment but multiple appendages

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Tundra_Torque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, NC
    Posts
    1,492
    Yes, this would be a good idea. I would be very excited to get either Multibot or Modulok.

    I wonder if they would be a regular monthly release or fill a beast slot? I guess that Sagitar would be in the same boat.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Hey guys, I'm NOT Pixel Dan, but I have an idea that came to my mind when following some threads here.

    I think an action feature is inevitable in the case of Modulok and his parts should be interchangeable with Multi-Bot, but imagine one thing: HOW AWESOME would it be, if he was compatible with all the parts from Trap Jaw, Spikor, Roboto, Hurricane Hordak, Horde Prime? What if we could use Mekaneck's neck on him? Imagine two Moduloks combined in their middle with a Mekaneck neck...

    Give him parts where we can pop Draego Man's wings in! A flying Modulok... what an incredible threat!

    If and when you get to Cliff Climber, Tower Tools, Scubattack-- make those weapons interchangeable, too! What about Hurricane Hordak having the Cliff Climber drill as arm attachment... and now imagine Modulok with a drill as arm, a saw on a second arm, the Hurricane weapons and so on...or Multi-Bot with all of Roboto's weapons...

    And please make the filmation attachments, too....!

    I think most fans will pay more for such an incredible beast!

    Are you with me?
    Dude They haven't even gotten to Modulok or Multi-Bot yet.
    Let the Horsemen do their job, they haven't given us a bad sculpt yet. The look of the figure is up to the Horsemen just trust them and all will be well.

  8. #8
    Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by labrat1881 View Post
    What I want is a Filmation-looking Modulok, with only one head attachment but multiple appendages
    Seconded!!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior The Villain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    230
    Modulok is a MUST have for me but the icing on the cake for me would be Multi-Bot.

    I started a thread a while back for filmation style Multi-Bot & I do want the cartoon version only.

    Modulok again I prefer filmation style.



    I hope this thread gets alot of supprt & wish you good luck.

    M Bot is my fav horde member after Leech & when we do get Horde Troopers?? He will be amongst them.

  10. #10
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,203
    It's a cool idea (and the arm extenstions idea could certainly work regarding Multi-Bot), but to be honest, I think hoping for either Modulok or Multi-bot - two of the most deluxe and uniquely designed characters - at present is such a stretch in such a budget (and other factors) limited line, that such luxuries as being 'compatible' with other figures might just be damanding too much.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    499
    All they should do is just resculpt the same vintage parts just like they were. I don't agree with changing the design to make him compatible with other figures.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  12. #12
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,705
    I like the idea!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Teitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    109
    Just reconstruction and update of vintage version at its best. Let he have (classics™) double head, and additional for change (filmation) single head attachment, it's all what I want. Vintage version was perfect and more horrific than a filmation one. I was never really into Princess of Power cartoon series (I hated how they showed Mantenna).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •