Thread: MOTUC Battle Bones speculation/discussion

Hybrid View

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar

MOTUC Battle Bones speculation/discussion

I'm a big fan of Battle Bones, always have been. However I wasn't impressed with the 200x remake.

With the talk of large beasts being made and the reveal of Battle Cat, I was wondering if Battle Bones was classed as a beast and could be made.

Same goes for Stridor , Nightstalker, and Mantisaur. They're more steeds than vehicles, surely?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

While it would be cool, I wouldn't expect BB for quite some time. Still, I'd grab one!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    While it would be cool, I wouldn't expect BB for quite some time. Still, I'd grab one!
    LOL I wasn't expecting it soon, but Mattel apparently said no vehicles... which is why I wondered what Battle Bones and the other guys classed as.

Hmmm maybe I'll bring that up in the Q&A...

Commissions - [TBA]

I loved Battle Bones(unfortunately he came out at the time I was losing interest in the line so I never got him) and always thought of him as a beast. A dead, skinless beast, but a beast none the less. I also thought that Stridor and Night Stalker were robots similar to Roboto; not human but sentient(at least as much as horses would be). Mantisaur came out after I had left the line but I'd definitely classify him as a beast.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Based on the mini-comics, he was a dead dinosaur brought back to life, so he would be considered a beast. But BB is in a grey area because technically speaking, it really was a carrying case that doubled as a toy, so maybe BB belongs in the same class as the battle stands & accessory pack.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    a new-school battle bones needs a back story with the slime pit monster from 2002

that could maybe even head down the road of a skeleton warriors tie-in

I DO love the skeletal creatures...

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Battlebones

who else thinks we will see Battle Bones in the next year in the Classics line? I think we will
    Good Journey

I loved Battlebones as a kid, but I'm not sure how he'd work in the classics line. I remember him being really long and not much more than a glorified figure case. If Battle Bones was released as a sculpted figure with articulation, I'd be all about it, because I doubt a figure carrier would work well or be necessary in this line.

But as a large creature? I'd definitely want him. With an opening mouth (which could still hold accessories).
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure we'll see Battle Bones in 2011, but I'd like to see a MOTUC Battle Bones, anyway !

Battle Bones would have to be released as a large creature, that's for sure.

If it is released, I really want Mattel to allow for a STURDY and CONVENIENT way to attach the figures on Battle Bones ! No more brittle, crappy plastic !

I'd have to actually WAIT for some critics/previews/reviews before buying a MOTUC Battle Bones.

We all know there were too many QC issues like this. I'd need a total confirmation that MOTUC Battle Bones is sturdy, well made, awesome and a quality item before buying it !

I'd be in for a battle bones for sure, i have the vintage and 200X bones, and a motuc bones would be a great addition!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Wasn't battle bones re-trademarked by Mattel not too long ago? It would be cool to see him in MOTUC.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Battle Bones is a beast more than a vehicle. It is the reanimated skeleton of some kind of beast. No mechanical parts, no wheels, no helix. It is a large (very large) scale beast.

I want one!!!

I think that Battle Bones is the only real neutral characters of MOTUC besides Zodac.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

i would like to see a battle bones, but maybe not in classics size, maybe some small gimick

I would agree that BB would be better simply as a beast that doesn't carry figures. Perhaps he is the risen corpse of one of Tytus' techno-dinosaurs as mentioned by another esteemed member in some other thread on some other day... (Forgive me, I've forgotten who postulated the idea, but it was a stellar thought!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Battle Bones would be AWESOME. I love skeletons! I also never had 'em when I was little, and I always wanted 'em. I wouldn't mind if they took out the carrying ability and just made him articulated (though, he doesn't need as much as Battle Cat; especially since he would be pretty big). At his size, I think rotoscoping might work well. And hey, they could reuse the top part of the skull for a Slime Pit! That could be made up as a glorified display peice.
    Last edited by Alexx; July 29, 2010 at 10:14am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I was thiniking the same thing UKI.

As logn as he doesn't have the cybernetic parts the 200x version had.

Commissions - [TBA]

I never liked Battle Bones for some reason. By no means would I not want one made for the people that like him...but I think I'd pass (and I haven't passed on anything.)

The purpose of Battle Bones was basically a "holder" for your figures...and the way I pose my Classics, I wouldn't want them all "stuck" to Battle Bones.

If he was redesigned as a different creature, my feelings may change but as a "holder" for the figures...I'd pass.

I know I'm in the minority on this one.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I would agree that BB would be better simply as a beast that doesn't carry figures. Perhaps he is the risen corpse of one of Tytus' techno-dinosaurs as mentioned by another esteemed member in some other thread on some other day... (Forgive me, I've forgotten who postulated the idea, but it was a stellar thought!)
    I'd personally rather they stick to the original origin and have it die and be resurrected without the techno-stuff (perhaps his species was trying to escape the virus and died out while fleeing). That said, maybe they can incorporate the 200X version as well, possibly as some snap-on cyber parts, where it got infected after being resurrected by a new strain of the virus.

They made him again in the 200x era, I can only imagine he'll come again, in time.

I still never got (nor can find for what I consider a fair price) a 200x battle bones.

I definately want this beast, it's one of the most iconic things of the Vintage era to me, with slime pit, and castle grayskull.