Thread: MOTUC Battle Bones speculation/discussion

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar

MOTUC Battle Bones speculation/discussion

I'm a big fan of Battle Bones, always have been. However I wasn't impressed with the 200x remake.

With the talk of large beasts being made and the reveal of Battle Cat, I was wondering if Battle Bones was classed as a beast and could be made.

Same goes for Stridor , Nightstalker, and Mantisaur. They're more steeds than vehicles, surely?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

While it would be cool, I wouldn't expect BB for quite some time. Still, I'd grab one!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    While it would be cool, I wouldn't expect BB for quite some time. Still, I'd grab one!
    LOL I wasn't expecting it soon, but Mattel apparently said no vehicles... which is why I wondered what Battle Bones and the other guys classed as.

Hmmm maybe I'll bring that up in the Q&A...

Commissions - [TBA]

I loved Battle Bones(unfortunately he came out at the time I was losing interest in the line so I never got him) and always thought of him as a beast. A dead, skinless beast, but a beast none the less. I also thought that Stridor and Night Stalker were robots similar to Roboto; not human but sentient(at least as much as horses would be). Mantisaur came out after I had left the line but I'd definitely classify him as a beast.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Based on the mini-comics, he was a dead dinosaur brought back to life, so he would be considered a beast. But BB is in a grey area because technically speaking, it really was a carrying case that doubled as a toy, so maybe BB belongs in the same class as the battle stands & accessory pack.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    a new-school battle bones needs a back story with the slime pit monster from 2002

that could maybe even head down the road of a skeleton warriors tie-in

I DO love the skeletal creatures...

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Battlebones

who else thinks we will see Battle Bones in the next year in the Classics line? I think we will
    Good Journey

I loved Battlebones as a kid, but I'm not sure how he'd work in the classics line. I remember him being really long and not much more than a glorified figure case. If Battle Bones was released as a sculpted figure with articulation, I'd be all about it, because I doubt a figure carrier would work well or be necessary in this line.

But as a large creature? I'd definitely want him. With an opening mouth (which could still hold accessories).
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure we'll see Battle Bones in 2011, but I'd like to see a MOTUC Battle Bones, anyway !

Battle Bones would have to be released as a large creature, that's for sure.

If it is released, I really want Mattel to allow for a STURDY and CONVENIENT way to attach the figures on Battle Bones ! No more brittle, crappy plastic !

I'd have to actually WAIT for some critics/previews/reviews before buying a MOTUC Battle Bones.

We all know there were too many QC issues like this. I'd need a total confirmation that MOTUC Battle Bones is sturdy, well made, awesome and a quality item before buying it !

I'd be in for a battle bones for sure, i have the vintage and 200X bones, and a motuc bones would be a great addition!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Wasn't battle bones re-trademarked by Mattel not too long ago? It would be cool to see him in MOTUC.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Battle Bones is a beast more than a vehicle. It is the reanimated skeleton of some kind of beast. No mechanical parts, no wheels, no helix. It is a large (very large) scale beast.

I want one!!!

I think that Battle Bones is the only real neutral characters of MOTUC besides Zodac.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I like BB and I'd buy a MOTUC one even if he couldn't carry the figures. A big, skeletal beast is cool enough for me as it is.

Heroic Warrior
    I had Battle Bones... I lost interest in it as soon as the figure holders started to snap and break. It was a cool looking toy though.

i would like to see a battle bones, but maybe not in classics size, maybe some small gimick

I would agree that BB would be better simply as a beast that doesn't carry figures. Perhaps he is the risen corpse of one of Tytus' techno-dinosaurs as mentioned by another esteemed member in some other thread on some other day... (Forgive me, I've forgotten who postulated the idea, but it was a stellar thought!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Battle Bones would be AWESOME. I love skeletons! I also never had 'em when I was little, and I always wanted 'em. I wouldn't mind if they took out the carrying ability and just made him articulated (though, he doesn't need as much as Battle Cat; especially since he would be pretty big). At his size, I think rotoscoping might work well. And hey, they could reuse the top part of the skull for a Slime Pit! That could be made up as a glorified display peice.
    Last edited by Alexx; July 29, 2010 at 10:14am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I was thiniking the same thing UKI.

As logn as he doesn't have the cybernetic parts the 200x version had.

Commissions - [TBA]

I never liked Battle Bones for some reason. By no means would I not want one made for the people that like him...but I think I'd pass (and I haven't passed on anything.)

The purpose of Battle Bones was basically a "holder" for your figures...and the way I pose my Classics, I wouldn't want them all "stuck" to Battle Bones.

If he was redesigned as a different creature, my feelings may change but as a "holder" for the figures...I'd pass.

I know I'm in the minority on this one.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I had the original Battle Bones as a kid. It was pretty cool, though the pegs that heald the figures on it broke off too easily.

I never did get the 200X version. In hide site I should have when I had the chance a few years back at Wizard World Chicago (some dealer had it for a very good price, probably roughly what it would have been if it had made it to retail stores in the US), but I passed because I had bought a lot of other items (mostly MOTU related) from dealers at that con and didn't want to spent more. I wasn't that thrilled with the cybernetic additions to it anyway.

I wouldn't mind a new one for MOTUC, if they could make the pegs sturdier than on the original one.

But, all this talk of Battle Bones being a carrying case made me think that I wouldn't mind having something like this in MOTUC:

I know I wouldn't use these much while my figures are displayed, but I wouldn't mind having something like this for when/if I need to store them or if I ever move.

I used to have some of these as a kid for the original MOTU figures, but I ended up unintentionall destroying them pretty badly.

A friend was over and we were out in the swimming pool in the back yard, and we had a few MOTU figures in the pool with us (we left the weapons in the house for obvious reasons). And we decided that it would be cool to use a couple of these carrying cases as boats for them to float in! Well, me being the naieve child that I was, I didn't realize that under the plastic coating, these cases were basically made of cardboard. So after that day, these cases were pretty much done for.

But I'd like to have something like this for MOTUC. I'd be happy if they just used some of the same original artwork.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I'd happily buy a Battle Bones. Love the character/creature. Always have.

Though I don't recommend actually putting figures in the 80's version. It just breaks.

The first time we saw the prototype figure for MOTUC He-man he was in fact standing in front of a Battle Bones. It's only fitting that he appear in MOTUC as well. (I'm at work or I'd upload the pic)

Bring him on!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I would agree that BB would be better simply as a beast that doesn't carry figures. Perhaps he is the risen corpse of one of Tytus' techno-dinosaurs as mentioned by another esteemed member in some other thread on some other day... (Forgive me, I've forgotten who postulated the idea, but it was a stellar thought!)
    I'd personally rather they stick to the original origin and have it die and be resurrected without the techno-stuff (perhaps his species was trying to escape the virus and died out while fleeing). That said, maybe they can incorporate the 200X version as well, possibly as some snap-on cyber parts, where it got infected after being resurrected by a new strain of the virus.

They made him again in the 200x era, I can only imagine he'll come again, in time.

I still never got (nor can find for what I consider a fair price) a 200x battle bones.

I definately want this beast, it's one of the most iconic things of the Vintage era to me, with slime pit, and castle grayskull.