Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTUC Battle Bones speculation/discussion

I never liked Battle Bones for some reason. By no means would I not want one made for the people that like him...but I think I'd pass (and I haven't passed on anything.)

The purpose of Battle Bones was basically a "holder" for your figures...and the way I pose my Classics, I wouldn't want them all "stuck" to Battle Bones.

If he was redesigned as a different creature, my feelings may change but as a "holder" for the figures...I'd pass.

I know I'm in the minority on this one.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I had the original Battle Bones as a kid. It was pretty cool, though the pegs that heald the figures on it broke off too easily.

I never did get the 200X version. In hide site I should have when I had the chance a few years back at Wizard World Chicago (some dealer had it for a very good price, probably roughly what it would have been if it had made it to retail stores in the US), but I passed because I had bought a lot of other items (mostly MOTU related) from dealers at that con and didn't want to spent more. I wasn't that thrilled with the cybernetic additions to it anyway.

I wouldn't mind a new one for MOTUC, if they could make the pegs sturdier than on the original one.

But, all this talk of Battle Bones being a carrying case made me think that I wouldn't mind having something like this in MOTUC:

I know I wouldn't use these much while my figures are displayed, but I wouldn't mind having something like this for when/if I need to store them or if I ever move.

I used to have some of these as a kid for the original MOTU figures, but I ended up unintentionall destroying them pretty badly.

A friend was over and we were out in the swimming pool in the back yard, and we had a few MOTU figures in the pool with us (we left the weapons in the house for obvious reasons). And we decided that it would be cool to use a couple of these carrying cases as boats for them to float in! Well, me being the naieve child that I was, I didn't realize that under the plastic coating, these cases were basically made of cardboard. So after that day, these cases were pretty much done for.

But I'd like to have something like this for MOTUC. I'd be happy if they just used some of the same original artwork.

In the name of the Lloyd!

I'd happily buy a Battle Bones. Love the character/creature. Always have.

Though I don't recommend actually putting figures in the 80's version. It just breaks.

The first time we saw the prototype figure for MOTUC He-man he was in fact standing in front of a Battle Bones. It's only fitting that he appear in MOTUC as well. (I'm at work or I'd upload the pic)

Bring him on!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I would agree that BB would be better simply as a beast that doesn't carry figures. Perhaps he is the risen corpse of one of Tytus' techno-dinosaurs as mentioned by another esteemed member in some other thread on some other day... (Forgive me, I've forgotten who postulated the idea, but it was a stellar thought!)
    I'd personally rather they stick to the original origin and have it die and be resurrected without the techno-stuff (perhaps his species was trying to escape the virus and died out while fleeing). That said, maybe they can incorporate the 200X version as well, possibly as some snap-on cyber parts, where it got infected after being resurrected by a new strain of the virus.

They made him again in the 200x era, I can only imagine he'll come again, in time.

I still never got (nor can find for what I consider a fair price) a 200x battle bones.

I definately want this beast, it's one of the most iconic things of the Vintage era to me, with slime pit, and castle grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    I am sure everyone remembers Battle Bones. Mainly a beast/carrying case. I wouldn't mind seeing Battle Bones get re-released. Thought it was a in interesting concept.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to see the 4H take on a dino-beast skeleton. Maybe include some of the 200x version's cyber-stuff as attachable add-ons. Given the line's current bulkiness and issues with armor and such, maybe they can get around designing his ribs for carrying others and just make him a living skeleton. And for whatever it's worth, I'm one of those that consider him a beast, not a vehicle.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Karg, Andros, Monstroid, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Not interested.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I'd love to have a classic version !

I remember Battle Bones being enormous in the minicomic Stench of Evil. It would have been awesome to get a Classics version in this size!

Probably a bit space consuming and impractible, though...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leech sucks..!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I'd love to have one of these. I thought it was a great idea back then, and since I'm getting short of space now...yeah. I'd probably get more than one.

I'd love to see a MOTUC version of the Battle Bones! I never had the vintage one but I really wanted it after I saw one that a friend had. I was lucky enough to buy a loose 200X version last year at a decent price. I think it worked nicely enough for MOTUC figures if you clip their legs instead of heir waist, or something like that...I should find it and try it out again!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Heroic Warrior
    I have a vintage one and a 200X one, so if they did re-do him I'd hope they really go nuts with him because the other 2 are similar enough that I would want this one to stand out. There's some potential there for being able to do something really cool for sure.

There is no need to speculate, they will for sure do this. There are no moving parts, very cheap to make,
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

My top vehicle/beast pick for sure!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    There is no need to speculate, they will for sure do this. There are no moving parts, very cheap to make,
    The original had an articulated jaw. I'm sure when and if they ever got around to him for MOTUC, they'd give him more articulation.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Karg, Andros, Monstroid, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd love a Battle Bones. Always been one of my favourites.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The original had an articulated jaw. I'm sure when and if they ever got around to him for MOTUC, they'd give him more articulation.
    It should include legs articulations and why not the head...

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I add my support. I would love BB!
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I'll be happy to support for others who want him. But personally speaking, No ! I wouldn't buy him unless he is Battle Cat sized beast ! I don't want spend my money on an expensive huge figure "holder" !
    In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I want to add my support for this beast. I had one as a kid, and reading the minicomics again I remembered how awesome it was. A living dinosaur skeleton!!! Make it already, Mattel!
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA, 11 more to go! Vizar, Nocturna, Kayo, Sagitar, Artilla, Spinwit, Lizorr, Quakke, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    A Battle Bones done in the manner of the vintage box art would be cool. I don't think it needs to be made into a carrying case, but I trust the Four Horsemen to do something special engineering wise.

258396_753457812493_7330887_o.jpg

266434_753457822473_6831194_o.jpg