Thread: art book review?

Hybrid View

art book review?

so where is the page by page art book review? have i somehow missed this though my relentless scouring of the .org the past few restless nights?

come art book owners...spill the goods.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I believe Prometheus posted one on youtube.

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    What about here??

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Just got my book today, so expect my review on the front page of the .org tomorrow.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Just got my book today, so expect my review on the front page of the .org tomorrow.
    Glad to hear that.
    I look forward to it!!!

Pixel Dan, you always know the best way to make fan happy while tey're waiting for their goodies... Thanks a lot, Man!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I have to agree with Prometheus' assessment of the book. 53 pages of material is really not worth the $50 from what we saw on there. I'm sure there are some cool concept drawings and such, but that price is a lot to ask. Add to that the chaos surrounding the way it was sold and resellers getting their hands on large quantities, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth regarding the book.

I liked Pixel Dan's review and am happy with seeing it there. I don't feel that the book is worth more than $30.00. I would say at the most 25.00. I saw it and I'm satisfied. Would not pay the money to have my own. Glad I did not resort to ebay

Hurry Dan, hurry....

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Take your time Dan, We all know you always show us great quality reviews which is worth the wait for sure

I had posted the link in a thread, but it was removed. I found the removal kind of odd considering it's now on the front page as part of the news. Ah, well...looking forward to Pixel Dan's review!
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Nice

Great video Review sir!! I am personaly happier now about the book. I will enjoy having the carbacks and so on and the newer stuff looks interesting. Thanks alot for the Video!!
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    I believe Prometheus posted one on youtube.

Chris

Can you provide the link? I am curious.
    I´ve seen one guy that made a review of the book on youtube saying that the books wasn´t worth 50$.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    Can you provide the link? I am curious.
    I´ve seen one guy that made a review of the book on youtube saying that the books wasn´t worth 50$.

Unfortunately for those of us who didn't go to SDCC(or did and still couldn't get a book), we have to determine if the book is worth $150.00. That's not enough for me to drop the line, but if that happens again next year, it will be.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior KeeperoftheSecret's Avatar
    Im a huge motu fan and i would definatly pay the 50 bucks to get a copy... but im too smart to pay 150 dollars... just my two cents but i still really want a copy!
    Reliving my childhood one figure at a time

yeah the one on youtube i have seen. the guy goes to fast when going through the pages and is annoying cause you want to see what is on the pages.

i just want a detailed description on what is on each and every page, especially the movie and pre-motu concept stuff
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Court Magician

Is the MOTU Art Book Worth It?

Just a question on Content and unseen material of the ArtBook. I missed seeing the review of the book before it was taken down and was wondering if the book has much unseen content, I have those issues of tomart's action figure guide which have unproduced drawing etc. does this book recycle those pieces and the stuff seen on the net, it is going for quite heafty prices on ebay and I want to know if its actually a worth while purchase or weather its a lot of material we've all see before.

I'm one of the lucky ones who managed to get an art book. I actually went to the SDCC and came back empty handed, but I grabbed so much loot for my sister that she surprised me with an art book from e-bay as a thank you. Shocked the heck out of me.

As far as content, that's a tough one. In the first few pages there are some cool pictures of some of the notes taken during brainstorm sessions the company held for the toyline, including a page detailing the "Fighting Foe-Men" concept. A lot of the stuff in the original section has been seen before, like the concept drawings and mini-comic pages, but there are great shots of some of the vintage oil paintings. I'd say the NA and 200X sections are a little thin, and I don't know enough about those lines to say weather or not their sections are very exciting. The 200X section seems to have some awesome He-Man prototypes by the Horsemen that I'm not sure were shown before.

The future section has some pretty interesting concept art for possible live action media, but most of the designs are far from what we are used to. All the He-Mans seem to have full armor, and look rather futuristic. There is a really cool looking Teela concept, as well as some other neat ones like Spikor and Trap Jaw.

I think this book could easily have been another 53 pages, which would have made it well worth the cost. As it stands, I believe this is not an essential purchase unless you are 100% sure you MUST have it.
    Last edited by a-star; August 14, 2009 at 03:24am. Reason: ****** spelling