Thread: Wun-Dar's weapons

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar

Wun-Dar's weapons

I was just wondering about Wun-Dar's weapons. Anyone have any ideas why we're getting a black power sword and a black Zodac pistol instead of the maroon/brown Castle Grayskull sword and axe? I get that the weapons pack that included the armor also included the black pistol, but isn't it generally agreed that the 80's version of the figure came with the 2 maroon/brown weapons, and likely not with the black Zodac armor? I like the inclusion of the black armor and weapons, but would really like to see MOTUC versions of the maroon/brown axe and sword as well. What does everyone else think?

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    It is not confirmed yet, if this figure ever really existed. The origin is pure speculation so far. Some say, that it was a mail in figure from "Wonder Bread", but that's not confirmed.

As far as I know, there are two "known versions" of this figure: one without armor and two red brown weapons and one with black Zodac armor and black pistol.

I'm glad. that we got the second version. BTW: At the beginning I didn't even know thet a second "Savage-He-man" version existed. I always thought, that the "real Wonder Bread-He-Man" came with armor and pistol.
    Last edited by Matt79; July 28, 2009 at 12:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    ... I always thought, that the "real Wonder Bread-He-Man" came with armor and pistol.
    Those accessories are from weapons pack for sure.. not from savage He-Man. That's quite sure people just mix them with this figure. Even those maroon weapons originally came with Man-E-Faces, so they might be mixed also with this figure (they look cool tough). Like you said, nobody knows.

What comes for Wun-Dar, they probably included those Zodac accessories for him because it's easier to do a bio which is some how releated to this cannon. A mystic cosmic dude you know
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Did the brown weapons come with anything else? Were they Grayskull or accessory pack weapons? If so, I would have liked to see them and hope we get them sometime.

I think they're including the black Power Sword and half Power Sword because this is He-Man in some form. I also think they're including them because they've already got the molds for them.

For me, the important thing is getting a He-Man with brown hair and shorts and black belt, bracelets, and boots. I like the inclusion of the black armor and gun because that's two more accessory pack weapons.

Court Magician
    He's a He-man, so the power sword is a must. But I think there's a couple reasons for them to include the black armor and gun. The biggest reason is probably because we've seen Wonderbread He-man wearing it, whether it came with him or not. Also, that black Zodac armor seems to be popular, at least it is with me and the people I've talked with. So this is an chance for Mattel to get that out there. Last, I think they found it a happy coincidence that the symbol on Zodac's armor is basically a "W". What better armor is there for Wun-dar?

What I hope Mattel does is say that Wun-dar is a different character from Savage He-man. I always assumed Savage He-man was who the Green Goddess gave the power to. Since the Green Goddess comes with the sword and armor already, I wouldn't mind getting a future release of Savage He-man that's not Wun-dar.

Well, we already have the sword with Man At Arms. When they get to Buzz Off we’ll have the axe. Granted, Buzz Off’s axe has that handle thingy but I don’t think that it’s that big of a difference. Then maybe we’ll get the maroon versions of those weapons in an upcoming weapons pack.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174370

I made a petition thread in the above link to include the brown sword as a secret accessory. It's an easy thing to include since the mold is already made, and you don't even have to paint it like they did for MAA, just pour in the brown plastic and it's done! I really hope they do it. I can understand them not wanting to cast the Axe right now, but it would be cool since the Sword is already made to throw it in. I will be displaying this figure bare, so the right sword would just be a nice added bonus to make it closer to what we think the original might have been.

It makes me sad thinking of all the incomplete Man E Weapons figures that WBHM stole the weapons from!!!

There always were several versions of savage He-man around. Mattel showed the slide below last year already.

Motuc Wundar is based on the savage He-man diplayed middle left.

It is amazing how many of the figures on this slide we actually got. That makes you wonder about what we are going to get from this slide, allthough 4HM say that this is there wishlist in June...
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; July 28, 2009 at 04:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    There always were several versions of savage He-man around. Mattel showed the slide below last year already.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...nouncement.jpg

Motuc Wundar is based on the savage He-man diplayed middle left.

It is amazing how many of the figures on this slide we actually got. That makes you wonder about what we are going to get from this slide, allthough 4HM say that this is there wishlist in June...
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r.../june2049b.jpg
    Seems a blue Hordak may be possoble. wonder if it was in the style guide also? I`m just happy Wun-Dar`s actually an official figure from Mattel`s MOTU line now!!

Yeah, I miss the fact that we won't see they greyskull weapons, but I like what we are getting. Takes care of some wants from the old accessory pack, and the black power sword is pretty cool! I'm thinking I might make it Hordak's if he ever gets his hands on Skeletor's half of the power sword.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Like I said in Man-E-Face thread, I hope we get those 5 bonus weapons with him.. then you can use them with Wun-Dar also!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Ooh! Marlena's the last one left. Guess we'll see her before then end of 2010.

i was just thinking that marlena is the only one left on that slide now, well other than a blue hordak but that is fine with me.

i am glad wun-dar is coming with black weapons as the maroon ones look bad with the black.

i am excited we get a black power sword. i can't wait to read the backstory they come up with for him and the green goddess who i bet have a connection.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!