Thread: question about my collection

Widget

question about my collection

Just recently got all of my older childhood toys out of the attic and now debating whether I want to clean it all up and store it after putting it all back together or either sell it in bulk or part it out. I have greyskull snake mountain and eternia and some othrr playsets along with various figures and weapons. Obv this is all loose so the prices wouldn't be as high. But I have heard that a full eternia set is very valuable and my set is between 98 and 100 percent complete depending on if I can find some of the weapons. Any ideas or thoughts on the values or if its even worth doing? I really hate to actually get rid of all of it but room is needed and not sure if I really want to pay for a storage locker. Thanks in advance

Indeed, your Eternia being that complete is worth a lot. Probably go between 700 - 1k dollars depending on the condition, ie, if the track is crack etc. Figures are a different story. Each one is going to have a different value, and people on Ebay or here are picky. I just scored a complete king hiss for 1.29 plus shipping, while there are other auctions for the same figure that are also complete and the seller wants 29.95. Just do a little research, look at auctions that have ended and ones that have sold. That will usually get you a pretty good indication as to what MOTU buyers are willing to spend. It all comes down to that. A book or someone can tell you your collection is worth a million dollars, and it just might be, the trick is finding someone to pay that. Whatever a person PAYS is how much the item is worth.
    Your witness Mr. Birdbrain.

Widget
    Yes I had heard it was worth a nice amount. The only problems I can see right now so far is where it is dusty and needs cleaned off. Only draw back so far is where it was stored the stickers have dried up and pealed off. Other than that it should be extremely close to 100 percent. I'm getting the tracks and trams out tonight and checking them for any damage and once I get everything sorted I will post some pics

You definitely have what sounds like a good collection. I would suggest carefully cleaning and cataloging everything you own, putting everything into separate plastic bags (or boxes for the bigger stuff), taking detailed pictures, and making a spreadsheet. Even if you decide not to sell, you'll preserve the items for the future.

As far as cleaning goes, for items without stickers, I've found it best to let them soak in hot water for about 10-20 minutes, and then gently clean them with a regular kitchen sponge and hand soap. Hand soap works best for me, as most of the grease on the figures is probably from hands, and the kitchen sponge works good because you can use the sponge side for general cleaning, and the abrasive side for gently scrubbing away paint scuffs or built on dirt. For larger playsets or vehicles, I've found a combination of Q-tips, warm water, and paper towels to be good for cleaning off dust and other gunk. Be careful not to get the stickers or electronics wet.

Also, I've found light, careful usage of this to be good for reattaching stickers:

http://www.elmers.com/product/detail...lterPath=spray
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Widget
    Update two flag poles found. All track braces except one blue one which I belive is n another box upstairs and all actual track pieces are here. No damage to any that I can tell

Widget
    Update. Hopefully these pics uploaded. They show up in my app but can't get them to open in my browser
    http://s92.photobucket.com/user/havoc079/profile/