Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Magazine - Winter 1985 to Fall 1988

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar

Masters of the Universe Magazine - Winter 1985 to Fall 1988

First things first, I hope no one minds if I begin sharing scans of some of my favorite magazines as a kid. I own issues #1 and #6 through #16, including doubles of a few. I got the first issue from the tooth fairy, and then my mom subscribed from that issue, and #6 was the next one I got. I made sure not to miss any more after that, and would buy them at the store anyway for the extra posters. I still have everyone I had as a kid, posters intact.

I plan on scanning all of them, and putting them here on the .org as long as no one protests. I have already scanned the first issue and posted it in a thread here years ago, but I can't find the thread now. I will try to find the original files to repost, either way I'll prolly just rescan it. I just finished issue #6 (Spring 1986 - Buzz-Off in Slime Pit) and will post it here and on the .org wiki.

Link to MAGAZINE archive -->
    This is a comic book archive file (.cbr) which is actually just a RAR archive of JPGs renamed. Change *.cbr to *.rar and extract. Otherwise use CDisplay or your choice of comic reader.

This is the link to He-Man.org's online gallery, same images at 1/4 size. Thumbnails are at bottom of the page.

Links to HIGH RES POSTERS below -->
    This is the cover poster (#12) with Buzz-Off trapped in the Slime Pit. It is over little over 10mb and 4000 pixels wide.

Here is the second poster (#13) - He-Man on Lazerbolt & Skeletor on Land Shark. This file is also 11mb and 4000 pixels wide. If anyone wants 6000 pix. wide files lemme know...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Agent John Utah; July 8, 2011 at 01:38am. Reason: adding new links
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is cool! Please keep 'em coming.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

AWESOME! This is going right onto the iPod, thanks for sharing!

Woah, the close up, hi-rez quality really shows off even more of the painting then ever here, thanks for posting and I hope to see these on the new .org where we can post page scans. Right? I saw the ones from Caverns of Fear.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Awesome, thanks so much for doing this! I've been thinking of doing the same thing myself. I've got the earlier issues and not the later ones, so maybe I can help out on the few you don't have. Definitely love the high-res posters! Can't wait to see more!

you are fantastic for doing this! can't wait to see those later ones!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Great! Thanks for doing thins!

Halo given
    My trade reviews/references by others
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168244

thanks so much for the scans. I am looking forward to seeing more.

question regarding the file: how do I get it to work? I followed your instructions, but still had trouble opening to view. I'd say I'm pretty computer saavy, but this one has me stumped at little. Thanks anyone for the help

Poor, poor Buzzie!
    Look at those sad eyes,
    the poor fellow is in pain!

Aren't there some legal copyright issues conserning this?!
    Mattel is on the war path these days!
    Be ware, be ware!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i love those posters

This is great, man ! I hope you have many more of those posters to show us !

Superb scan!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Thank you for all the kind words of encouragement! I will be adding more scans as long as this thread doesn't get a certain lien killin company on my case. As for those like scootie12 that are having trouble viewing the .CBR archive, here is the wiki entry for comic book archives that explains everything.

Or just go and download this program to get started right away.

Worse comes to worse, rename the archive file (????????.cbr) extention so it reads .RAR instead of .CBR, and extract as you normally would. Everyone should have the ability to extract RAR file these days.

As for the legallity of this, as long as no one is reproducing these for money, using them as advertizing for something, etc. I don't see why they would bother us. Unless their recent tactic of shutting down Pixel Dan's review of the art book is part of a new pet project where they try to shut down any fan activity they don't agree with...

I will be posting the cover poster for issue #7 soon, He-Man vs. King Hiss and the Snake Men in front of Snake Mountain.

How many mags you got right now? I mean it would be cool to add those pages for He-Man.org like we have minicomics now. If you wouldn't mind I would do that for using those pages you scanned. I just need to smaller those a bit and upload them. Let me know..

If I just had these mags I would do it my self..

Hey Tuukka, thanks for the offer of some help! I have 12 of the 16 total (#1 & #6 - #16), with every poster from those issues still in good shape. I do already have 800 pixel wide versions of the page images (so 1/4 the size) that I "added" to the .org wiki entry for issue #6. If you want me to send those to you I can, I even have a seperate CBR for the smaller files (14mb). The extra pic of Photog is showing on there now, but not the page scans yet. I'm assuming they weren't approved yet, while the single pic of Photog was. I plan on making everything I scan available there for everyone to see, including smaller versions of the posters.

I have seen in another thread that Jukka pointed out, that Toyjesus had already begun scanning his mag posters last year, with no recent updates from him. I plan on concentrating on any scans he has not performed yet so we can fill in the spaces. I will also make the inner page scans of the magazine available for reading purposes, (not reproducing).

If anyone out there has issue numbers 2 thru 5, with posters intact, please scan them or contact me for help, I really want us all to be able to enjoy these great pieces of publishing.

I also want to stress that I am only doing this for educational and historic purposes, not to infringe on any copyrights. These items have been out of print, and unavailable for some time, and people have a right to view them for purely personal reasons, so no one try to sell repros of the posters and such!

Thank you so much for the download program. It works perfect!!

Glad to help scootie12!

Here's the cover poster for issue #7, a classic face-off between He-man and King Hiss. I will edit this post to include the magazine page scans when those are ready.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Agent John Utah; July 8, 2011 at 01:39am. Reason: add link

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Utah View Post
    Glad to help scootie12!

Here's the cover poster for issue #7, a classic face-off between He-man and King Hiss. I will edit this post to include the magazine page scans when those are ready.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1249089464
    The link for this poster isn't working for me

^ I just edited my original posts with backup links to all the posters hosted at imagehost.org. You can upload pics as large as 100mb without them being resized.

A big fan of Slush Head
    ^ I just edited my original posts with backup links to all the posters hosted at imagehost.org. You can upload pics as large as 100mb without them being resized.
    Thank you so much for uploading this poster man. I've been trying to find it in high res for soooo long. Thank you very much!!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Thank you so much for uploading this poster man. I've been trying to find it in high res for soooo long. Thank you very much!!!!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw your post in one of the other poster/art threads about wanting to see a big version of that picture. So I made sure to hurry up and get that one posted. Hope it's big enough...

I've already stated on numerous occasions my thanks to all those who are able to share these wonderful posters in high-res glory.

I love looking at the minute painting details on each and every one.

Hopefully one day someone who might have the Fright Zone -image, could scan it like we had those Preternia and other big posters....

evil & sees everything Cobra1977's Avatar
    Thank you very much.
    This is awesome!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw your post in one of the other poster/art threads about wanting to see a big version of that picture. So I made sure to hurry up and get that one posted. Hope it's big enough...
    Dude you rock!!

MOTU Art Book... right, this thread is way better