Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vikor The Barbarian: To Be Used In MOTUC?

Hybrid View

Vikor The Barbarian: To Be Used In MOTUC?

In Pixel Dan's review of the art book, he mentioned that Mattel was originally referring to He-Man as 'Vikor The Barbarian'. Well, Vikor is one of the trademarks that Mattel filed for at the end of December 2008.

Any thoughts? Do you think there be a Vikor figure?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Oh wow, that'd be just awesome!

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Cool pick-up there Tallstar.

I would say its a definite possibility. I could see Vikor being a bonus figure...or maybe a comic-con exclusive.
    Last edited by Peace Crusher; July 30, 2009 at 03:42pm.

very interested in that.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

If they have acquired the trademark in 2008 I think itīs quite possible.
    Thatīs one character iīll pick depending on how he will look

Might be cool if they did a version of some of He-man's earlier concept looks as Vikor and wove him into the story.

Oh please NO!
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Do you think it's possible they may try to somehow tie-in Vikor with She-Ra's backstory? Like maybe an ancestor or something married to a Valkyrie? Not at all sure if that would work. hehe
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I would be down for having Vikor and Demo-Man! That would be really cool, I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Do you think it's possible they may try to somehow tie-in Vikor with She-Ra's backstory? Like maybe an ancestor or something married to a Valkyrie? Not at all sure if that would work. hehe
    I'd love to see a Vikor figure, and for me, I figure he'd be another "He-Man" that the Goddess works with.

Love Tallstar's idea of a Valkyrie like wife.
    She-Ra is basically a Valkyrie like character, so to see a "patterned character" in Eternia's past makes sense to me.

And yeah, if Vikor and Demo-Man were made, they'd be dukin' it out for Grayskull and the Sword of He.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Why does Vikor look more like He-Man, than He-Man?!

Vikor's face is way more reminiscent of the original version of He-Man than the face the 4H gave the actual MOTU:C He-Man figure.

Current MOTU:C He-Man still looks a bit too close to the MOTU:2K version for my tastes. Still way to "pretty" to be taken seriously.

"All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

Wow - you're right!

I really liked Vikor's face when I first saw the figure. Now I know why LOL!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I just really like Vikor period. I can't wait for this figure to be released, and who knows, maybe they will use this new "face" on one of the next He-Man variants/re-issues. (Along with Bow's wrist articulation )
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'd say it's probably a tribute to the original He-Man and a special thing for us hardcore collectors.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Probably because we're getting a more cartoon inspired He-Man than the original figure and Vikor's look is more to try and set him as his own character. The original art had the style of the original He-Man, so it wasn't a stretch for him to have the look of the first He-Man figure.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Remember that Bow, Vikor and Hsss are prototypes and not production samples like the other figures. The face is so much similar to He-Man becaus ethat's hand made by the 4H!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Remember that Bow, Vikor and Hsss are prototypes and not production samples like the other figures. The face is so much similar to He-Man becaus ethat's hand made by the 4H!
    The final products have remained fairly true to the sculpts, the only thing that's differed from the protos have been the final colors on some of the figures so far. I fully expect Vikor, Bow and Hsss to look exactly like they've been shown sculpt-wise.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Vikor

Why Does Vikor not come with a Power Sword. I am going to give him the Blue one from the weapons pak. Also I hope that they explain that he is the one that is responsible for introducing the Battle axe to the Heman weapons rack!

I think he is coming with half of the blue sword from the weapon's pack. TG stated that on Pixel Dan's video interview.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Who the heck is Vikor?!? They never showed him at the con! They only showed Conan.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Who the heck is Vikor?!? They never showed him at the con! They only showed Conan.
    I really hope that's a bad attempt at comedy...

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Why Does Vikor not come with a Power Sword. I am going to give him the Blue one from the weapons pak. Also I hope that they explain that he is the one that is responsible for introducing the Battle axe to the Heman weapons rack!
    Vikor comes with half of the Blue and Silver Power Sword. The full Blue and Silver Power Sword came with the Weapons Pack I.

**Please read forum rules about posting YouTube videos. Thanks.**
    Last edited by Larry Waters; August 9, 2010 at 09:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Vikor comes with half of the Blue and Silver Power Sword. The full Blue and Silver Power Sword came with the Weapons Pack I.
    Which is stupid.

I'd really like it if they realized that the half-swords just aren't working. It was cute as a nod to the original line, but really, they should just stop and give us whole swords from here on out.

They look bad, virtually none of them fit together, it's really time the half sword vanished. Re-issue Grayskull can come with them, then that should be it. Vikor should come with a whole one.

I'm also not impressed by TG's assumption that we all have the weapons pack and therefore have the complete blue/silver power sword.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I really hope that's a bad attempt at comedy...
    Really dude relax a little bit. I never attack you and I really like the figure, nut he looks like Conan and I think the Vikor name sucks. He's Conan to me and last I checked this IS a free country and I can make whatever comments I choose.

Vikor - Will he become available for sale?

I've been looking at pictures of the Vikor figure placed next to other MOTUC figures. Will he become available for purchase sometime? Someone mentioned it would be going on sale in December.

Bow is January, Vikor is Febuary. He is coming.

Vikor will be released in February 2011. He is the monthly subscription figure and will be available on MattyCollector.com as well.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread