Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikor The Barbarian: To Be Used In MOTUC?

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy these.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    I would be down with this. As long as he is in NO WAY related to He-Man or She-Ra, I would want him to be a stand-alone character. I think he would tie in well with guys like Fist, Ram-Man, etc.
    That is what I was thinking as well. Let this character take on a life of his own just like Wun-Dar. Besides, I love fleshing out the cast of MOTU.
    Last edited by LastEternian; July 31, 2009 at 07:15am.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I'm sure it'll be used, but I think that's just as lame and unimaginitive as Demo-Man sounded when we first heard it. I guess it's better than Conor the Barbarian, or Barbarian the Viking, but I still don't think they were trying very hard in those days.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    As a bonus figure, I would probably buy it depending on how it turned out. I'm really hoping they don't take up regular slots with things like this and demo-man, though.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I'd probably buy these. I'm all for new characters based on old concepts.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Only if he was a Cyborg Viking...
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Classic & 200X fan
    Oh I'd buy him and Demo for sure, but only as bonus figures. As long as those two months give us figures like Spikor or Sorceress also, aesome
    big geek

I'd buy them!

Vikor reminds me of the DC Warlord figures... and I've really gotten into collecting them recently (though, it's hard to find them, so I have, like, 3).

NOW WAIT A MINUTE. Mattel has the rights to ALL DC Characters... so characters like Warlord, Machiste, Mikola, Arak, Hercules, Deimos, etc. are game... I bet they couldn't be MOTU figures though.

Anyway, I'd love it if Vikor were a contemporary of King Grayskull. He could be like KG's Man at Arms type.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Mattel has stated they will be making new characters (see my signature) so maybe Vikor falls into this category?

I would buy both in a heartbeat!

If they are going be newly tooled figures they should not be a bounses now if the just take He-man and Skeletor and repaited them to make they yeah go ahead a make the bouses.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    They've mentioned doing a Demo-Man figure at some point, so I wouldn't be surprised if we also see Vikor in plastic form. Maybe his bio will flesh him out to be the Savage He-Man that gets the "extra" armor included w/ the Green Goddess.
    Even better, it would be cool if Demo/Vikor was the very first 2 pack, "Concepts of MOTU" or some such like that.
    that would be dope!

make "Mattel Concepts and Design's" packaging or something (part of the line) but not the Main line so you don't "Have to buy it" kinda like the 2 packs

release them as bonus figures for the month or w/e

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd buy Vikor, and Demo-Man. I love the idea of new characters, as long as we get all the original characters from the 80's as well.

Vikor could be a friend of He-Man, just like that Koldar guy in the Double Trouble episode of the classic series.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they did the trademark just to protect the name if they let the name be known in a book

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    Maybe they did the trademark just to protect the name if they let the name be known in a book
    I'm sure it's for both reasons. They have to renew trademarks for every name they use, in the book or toyline, in order to protect those names from being registered by another company (or some money-hungry fan looking for a payout).

At the moment, they may have done so just for the book, but if they every get the desire to do a toy, hey, it's already taken care of!

I'm always up for new characters in toy form
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    I would love to see a Vikor figure--but I don't think Mattel should try and include him as a character with a bio and include him in the MOTU canon. Star Wars did "concept figures" I don't see why MOTUC can't do the same!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I'd like Vikor to be a previous He-Man... before or after Greyskull but pre-Prince Adam... and Demo-Man to be his nemesis.. also pre-keldor.

Heroic Warrior
    I would think it is likely with the 'multiple He-man' mythos

We don't know King Grayskull's real name yet...

I wonder if they will use him as Vikor.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We don't know King Grayskull's real name yet...

I wonder if they will use him as Vikor.

I thought Grayskull was his real name!?!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I would be down for having Vikor and Demo-Man! That would be really cool, I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Do you think it's possible they may try to somehow tie-in Vikor with She-Ra's backstory? Like maybe an ancestor or something married to a Valkyrie? Not at all sure if that would work. hehe
    I'd love to see a Vikor figure, and for me, I figure he'd be another "He-Man" that the Goddess works with.

Love Tallstar's idea of a Valkyrie like wife.
    She-Ra is basically a Valkyrie like character, so to see a "patterned character" in Eternia's past makes sense to me.

And yeah, if Vikor and Demo-Man were made, they'd be dukin' it out for Grayskull and the Sword of He.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

As a guy who collects the concept art versions of Star Wars figures, I'd be totally up for this! I don't know why, but I love the toys created from old concepts. That's how He-Ro felt to me; it's just a really cool peice to have around.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd buy both Vikor & Demo-man. If they made them from the past I'd have them thrown into my current Eternia mythos.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Bring VIKOR & DEMO-MAN on!! I love concept figures & would love to get these 2 Frazetta-type guys in the MOTUC line-up!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)