Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikor The Barbarian: To Be Used In MOTUC?

Vikor will probably be the hero oposing to Demo Man and we already know that Demo Man ends up being fused with Keldor... Can't wait to read Vikor's bios
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Vikor looks kind of cool.. pretty much a perfect adaptation of the early he-man sketch with the viking helmet... but his tag line is "He-Man of the North"

Does that mean he's a different He-Man during the same time span of Adam.. he just lives upstate? I was getting okay with He-Men from different times.. but I'm not sure I can go with the He-Men from different regions.

How do you guys feel about this He-Man from the North!?

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Vikor looks kind of cool.. pretty much a perfect adaptation of the early he-man sketch with the viking helmet... but his tag line is "He-Man of the North"

Does that mean he's a different He-Man during the same time span of Adam.. he just lives upstate? I was getting okay with He-Men from different times.. but I'm not sure I can go with the He-Men from different regions.

How do you guys feel about this He-Man from the North!?
    I like the Vikor figure, very barbaric looking and his vibe is somehow bringing back the fantasy aspects into this techno/magic mix , but making him as a He-Man from the north sounds like Mattel don't know really where they're heading with this new canon!
    I'd rather read his bio first before I start making any assumptions about this "regional" He-man thingy. It sucks if the Sorceress or the the Goddess had to train all those different He-mans at once, thus making the character a little generic rather than unique!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    The times of hyperdetailed retired anime-style Smash Blade and Jungle Attack He-Men are over. Now we get He-Man as Wun-Dar, He-Man as Oo-Larr, He-Man as Vikor... they have found a way to sell us He-Man variants and make us believe they are new characters... and before we get NA He-Man or Snake Armor He-Man they throw a "He-Man with a cloak" at us.

It's the first time I am REALLY disappointed in the line.

I like the look and sound of Vikor but in my canon he will not be a 'He-man of the north'. Nor is Wundar a 'He-man'. He-man becomes a bit boring and meaningless if their are dozens of He-men all over the place.

Does anyone know what year that original Mark Taylor "Vikor" sketch was actually drawn?

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Vikor we were able to have a look at during the SDCC panel is absolutely SPLENDID !

He is the Conan-like barbarian that MOTU was missing !

Nevertheless, I'd like for you to pay attention to this : the Vikor we got to see at SDCC is only a PROTOTYPE. You can easily notice this because his paint seems very rough yet (check the parts between the articulations, and you'll notice they're not the same color. His right hand/wrist articulation seems very poor as well. Hopefully, this will be fixed when the figure is produced and released...).

Vikor's bio will certainly be interesting, since this character still needs to be fleshed out !

And, last but not least, a Vikor figure means we should get a Demo-Man figure later down the line !

Yeah, this definitely dispels all worries that Vikor is just a He-Man variant. Look at all that new tooling he got!

I'm all for concept figures but Vikor doesn't really appeal to me much. He just looks like Conan. I hope we get some more unique characters from the Tomart guide like Horde Mummy.

I'm really excited about this figure, is my favorite of the new figures.
    I am intrigued about his bio.

Vikor looks better than I could have hoped for!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

He's essentially the coolest Conan figure ever! I love how much he resembles the sketch! What's up with the chain though? Are we to take that he was in captivity and broke away from his bonds?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'm sure they'll explain it in his bio, but the chain was part of the original concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    He's essentially the coolest Conan figure ever! I love how much he resembles the sketch! What's up with the chain though? Are we to take that he was in captivity and broke away from his bonds?
    That's what I thought when I saw him, I guess that makes him movie Conan. Still, he looks very cool though I'll never call him Vikor, this guy is Conan all the way. It's nice we're getting a Conan that fits in with the MOTUC figures.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    "He-Man of the North"

I'm designing the next "He-Man."

Kogi, He-Man of the South. Reddish brown skintone, black "bowl-cut" hair, bone necklace, bone-pierced nose, loincloth, grass "bracelets" around wrists and ankles, with bare feet.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Because I LOVE early He-Man and concept stuff, I'm more stoked for Vikor than ANY figure revealed so far this SDCC!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Vikor looks better than I could have hoped for!
    Same here.

He turned out really well. Now we definitely need a Demo-Man sooner rather than later.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    will he have a POG sticker?
    Does Galactus fart?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very excited for vikor.

this vikor figure is so cool, and yeah im a giant conan fan, so its best of both of my favorite worlds!

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin L. View Post
    Does anyone know what year that original Mark Taylor "Vikor" sketch was actually drawn?
    I'm not sure, but I would guess sometime between 1979 and 1981.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Hello, i like this Vikor, very cool figure. A shame he is a good guy.

He actually looks really great. My only complaint is I feel he should have been the sub figure instead of dress/mask wearing He-man.

never really had much interest in the character but after seeing the figure i'll definitely be getting him.

Heroic Warrior
    I've been under the assumption that we will indeed eventually get Vikor.

He will no doubt be "The Barbarian He-Man".

I'm sure Demo-Man will follow soon after.

I figure Vikor will be a He-Man warrior sometime after the death of King Grayskull. The release of Demo-Man will set the tone for Keldor to later fuse with his spirit down the road and lead to Skeletor.

I'm all for Vikor. Bring it on. I like the idea of the mulitiple He-Man warriors from the past.

Just as Wun-Dar is the "Savage He-Man" and Oo-Larr will be the "Jungle He-Man", I figure Vikor will be the "Barbarian He-Man".

Lone-Starr