Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikor The Barbarian: To Be Used In MOTUC?

Well this guy took me by total surprise. I didn't think we'd get something to completely MATCH the old artwork. It looks amazing! I'm also impressed that they are still fitting him into the story. I would have totally taken this as a "concept figure" but I'm liking the sound of this "He-Man of the North" deal. Unless his bio particularly impresses me, I'm thinking of making this guy the earliest of the He-Men; the first of the men to walk Eternia after whatever destroyed the previous technological civilization. He'll be walking in fresh debris and carnage, with certain areas off limits due to god knows what.

Yeah, this guy really jump-starts the imagination...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm so happy they didn't skimp out on Vikor! He looks so barbarianesque!! I love that! And you know who'd look good with him! The blonde curvey Teela!! You know…the scantily clad one! I'm pleasantly surprised by Vikor and how much they put into him, I'm looking forward to him taking his place in MotUC.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    He will be the best figure of the line for me! The shield, the sword, the ax, the coat, the chain, the helmet, the face, the loincloth-everything is badass!!!
    This Warrior is ready to crush some skulls

MOTUC finally makes Conan!

Seriously, this is one of my most-wanted figures announced thus far. I LOVE it.

Does anyone know if the helmet is removable? It looks like one of the panel photos showed his helmet by itself, so I'm hoping it's removable. That would make him even more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    MOTUC finally makes Conan!

Seriously, this is one of my most-wanted figures announced thus far. I LOVE it.

Does anyone know if the helmet is removable? It looks like one of the panel photos showed his helmet by itself, so I'm hoping it's removable. That would make him even more epic.

Oh yes ! Too Awesome ! Very impatient to get him !!!

I'm quite impressed with Vikor (apparently his chain is real not plastic)... Does this possibly mean that Bikini Teela will be on her way? Hope so!

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    My jaw dropped when this figure was revealed. The 4H really outdid themselves on this one. 2011 is soooooo far away.

He's probably my favorite of the new figures that were revealed. Looks like he could whup He-Man with one arm chained behind his back.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    People are really excited for Vikor! Casual fans and Conan fans are going to scoop him him on February 15th, because they think that's the best Conan figure so far!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    People are really excited for Vikor! Casual fans and Conan fans are going to scoop him him on February 15th, because they think that's the best Conan figure so far!
    Now we just need Vykon, Roger Sweet's early He-Man concept. He can be Vikor's cousin.

I thought Vikor was the best reveal of SDCC. To me, he looks like a brand new character, and essentially he is, which is something I am all for in MOTUC.

The figure itself just screams personality so I hope Mattel can characterise that well enough in the bio. I hope that he is not a "He-Man" as such but more of a stong willed character who rose up against oppression, almost like William Wallace from Braveheart.

My hope is that he was a man of the people of the North who followed him much like King Grayskull in his early years and that is where the "He-Man" name came from. He does not need any ties to the Sword of He or any other part of the Grayskull lineage. He can be cool enough on his own, a Hero for his people and a legend throughout Eternia

He is a "He-Man," Fallen, (although of course, he doesn't have to be so at your house! ). "The He-Man of the North," he comes with half of the blue and silver Power Sword from the first Weapons Pak.

Viko looks awesome and I am happy to have him coming to us.

I wonder, after reading KG2's new bio, whether all of these he-men are related or if only the true wielder of the Sword must be (that's my take).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    He is a "He-Man," Fallen, (although of course, he doesn't have to be so at your house! ). "The He-Man of the North," he comes with half of the blue and silver Power Sword from the first Weapons Pak.

Viko looks awesome and I am happy to have him coming to us.

I wonder, after reading KG2's new bio, whether all of these he-men are related or if only the true wielder of the Sword must be (that's my take).
    In that case, Vikor is a crappy figure who is just another He-Man and should have been a bonus figure not a monthly figure

I didn't realise he came with the Blue Power Sword. So I guess that makes him like Wun-Dar, simply a protector of the the Sword of He Can he access its power So many questions.

I can still buy that, I just hope they flesh his story out a bit more. That chain on his wrist (I know it was in the concept art) has piqued my interest, I want to know more about it.

I am not much of a Conan fan but I am certainly a Vikor fan, so much potential

Holy crap! What in incredible looking figure!!! I was blown away by VIKOR. He looked about a zillion times better than I expected. Can't wait to see more info about him. I would buy him no matter what the bio says though... way too cool to pass up.

This line never ceases to amaze me. The HORSEMEN are on fire.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Vikor is probably my favorite Masters figure EVER, other than Classics Battle Cat. And, in my canon, all of the He-Men (He-Mans?) are related. I Love this idea. They aren't all named He-Man, though, I can't wait until the day that they need to use fan characters, or we can get official custom characters. i need He-Lok.

So far, we have He-Ro, King Grayskull, Vikor, Oo-Larr (mentioned, not shown), Wun-Dar, He-Man, and She-Ra. And I would still love if they used He-Ra somehow (see Jon-O's signature), and if they could use Lou Scheimer's He-Ro.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

In appreciation to Vikor I will be watching Conan tonight

It has been so long since I have seen it. I want to see how much of a comparison Vikor is to Conan

Heroic Warrior
    I just wonder... how does Vikor look without his helmet ?

Did you notice we didn't see any pic of him without the helmet ?

I hope he doesn't look bad without it. If he still looks great without it, I think Vikor will be one of my favorite heroes...

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    The helmet is not removable.

Heroic Warrior
    He looks great, but don`t fit well between other MOTUC figures, because his colors seems less cartoony, more the color sheme of McFarlane fantasy figures, with a lot of grey and brown colors. There is no bright color on him

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    He looks great, but don`t fit well between other MOTUC figures, because his colors seems less cartoony, more the color sheme of McFarlane fantasy figures, with a lot of grey and brown colors. There is no bright color on him
    Many of the colors used in this line are muted or toned down. One example would be Adora's red leotard being that earthy "indian red" color from the back of the crayon box, rather than the bright red color that it was known to be.

VIKOR: Gotta say I love this figure. Of all the figures revealed, he is tied for first place in my book! I am a big fan of the human characters and I'm really excited to add this guy into the mix! Has there been any word as to what his bio will contain? I seriously hope he is a contemporary during the reign of Randor. I don't want any more "previous he-men" unless it's the Alcala Oo-Larr.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Oh, really ? I thought it was. That's because of a picture of the helmet on its own (picture shown during the presentation)...

Anyway, it's fine as it is : I really like Vikor the way he is, and if he is decently produced (i.e., with better quality than the last figures we got lately), he should be a true success !

I'm really happy to hear that Conan fans really like him too. I thought they would ! It's true that Vikor is way better than most Conan figures !

Now of course, we have to see the actual, non-prototype, factory made Vikor to get a better idea. We'll be on the lookout during the next months.

Vikor should be one of my favorite heroes.
    Last edited by Spectror; July 26, 2010 at 04:25pm.

That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to buying two - one for the helmet and one to display without the helmet. That's how cool I think the Vikor is. Oh well.

I'm still very excited for him, but a little glum about the helmet.

THIS IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The more barbaric MOTU gets the better!!!! More furry capes! More spears! More toothy necklaces! More metal bras!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

They do show the helmet separately in the presentation:

But its hard to tell from the angle of the photo if its removable or not:

If TG says its not removable, I'm inclined to believe him. No matter how much I'd -like- for the helmet to be removable.