Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 thread speculation (how will they offer it?)

Heroic Warrior

2016 thread speculation (how will they offer it?)

With SDCC coming up, we're almost certainly going to get news on the new line. Some things that have been hinted is it will still be compatible with the MOTUC line, it will offer up some variations of originals and non-re-released figures, and possibly some comic figures.

So how do you think this line will be offered in comparison to MOTUC??

(NOTE: NOT *WHAT* WILL BE OFFERED, BUT *HOW* THE FIGURES WILL BE OFFERED TO US)

Personally, I think they will remove DOS and show us the complete line as a basic subscription, and then there will be an add-on of unknowns that will include DOS, but at a higher cost than if you had subscribed.

What do you think?
    Last edited by guy-dude; June 1, 2015 at 09:57am.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I think we'll see a lot of fan-demanded male characters - Masque, Lodar and Vultak are pretty much guaranteed at this stage.

Mattel will reveal most - if not all - of the 2016 rebranded subscription.

We'll see very few female characters - and non-Horde POP females won't be represented at all.

New characters - NOTE: NOT 'SON OF HE-MAN' - will get a hefty boost. The Great Black Wizard, Skeleteen, the humanoid Battle Cat and Fang-Or. Females RoboWoman and Lady Slither might get some exposure.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

I see Dylamug and Mantisaur making an appearance.

i hope to see in the 2016 just 1 fig for month or every 2 months with:

200X
    NA
    filmation
    minicomics
    dc comics 2014/2015 like Despora

I am far more excited about this potential 2016 line than I am about the rest of 2015 (Holiday item included)

Really interested in seeing how they reveal it and plan to shift a subscription for it. I expect a hefty price increase.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

It will be a 12 month plus quarterlies sub as usual.

I expect characters such as Dylamug, Vultak, Lord Masque, Sagitar and Lodar. Perhaps we will see Stridor and Night Stalker too.

The rest will be new characters, which is only nice if that's what floats your boat.
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think it's a question of who should they offer or how should they announce it or how should they present the sub.

We all should be concerned if the 2016 sub goes through.

I expect 12 monthly figures at the very least. I would welcome monthly figures that pull from all eras of MOTU, too... as long as it's evenly distributed (for example, not having 70% of it being SoH era or 200X... but one great figure from each aspect of the brand).
    I'd aslo welcome additional quarterly items along the lines of:
    1 variant "vs." style two pack (for example Classic Toy Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra, 200X Sorceress Vs. 200X Evil-Lyn, DC He-Man Vs. Despara... that sort of thing)
    1 vehicle (yup, include a vehicle in the sub! Road Ripper, Land Shark, Stridor... any of those would be cool!)
    1 oversized character or a multipack (this could be anyone who is a unique tool from Dylamug to Sagitar or a pack of smaller figures like Twiggets or Trollans or maybe even a few Meteorbs)
    1 diorama (Skeletor's bone throne? Slime Pit? Add-ons for Grayskull?)

Plus the usual convention items.

But nothing crazy heavy in the way of add-on subs, extra out of sub items, etc. Slim the offerings down, but make them QUALITY and fan-demanded!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I don't think it's a question of who should they offer or how should they announce it or how should they present the sub.

We all should be concerned if the 2016 sub goes through.
    This was kind of more the question I was aiming at. Not what will they offer but how will they offer it.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure.

IF it was a true re-brand, then a "standard" 12 month subscription would presumably necessitate the inclusion of variants of all of the major A-listers, including He-Man and Skeletor. But, I don't see long-term fans, whether subscribers or cherry pickers, signing up to a 12 month subscription with even more variants after the very variant heavy 2015 (especially since it seems that we'll be seeing LL He-Man vs. LP Skeletor AND FF He-Man vs. TC Skeletor in the back half of 2015).

So, if it is a rebrand in name only, then I would expect to see a "standard" 12 month subscription include "New Adventures" characters, particularly Crita, Darius, Sagitar and Tuskador, plenty of Filmation MOTU and PoP characters, including Masque, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Granita, General Sunder, Vultak, Hunga the Harpy and Vultak and perhaps a few classic and modern mini-comic characters. A couple of surprises in the form of concept characters (e.g. Horde Mummy) or movie characters may also be possible.

In the interest of keeping the "big" names out there, I could see a few two-packs, including Starburst She-Ra vs. Barbarian (toy-design) Catra, 200X He-Man vs. 200x Skeletor, He-Ro V2.0 vs. Skeleteen, etc.

But, that almost sounds too good to be true, especially with all of the less than positive rumour mongering about the 2016 line and its purported inclusion of primarily male "Son of He-Man" characters based on long-abandoned or extremely new concepts.

Or maybe they'll go with multiple, mini-subscriptions, including an A-List variant subscription, a Filmation subscription and a New Adventures subscription?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am hoping it will be simple 12 slot subscription with and SDCC item, chase figure, and holiday item. Maybe one premium beast or vehicle slot. They are going to need to scale the sub back a little if they want to sell through 2016. I agree that they may move to a no DOS model.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I am hoping it will be simple 12 slot subscription with and SDCC item, chase figure, and holiday item. Maybe one premium beast or vehicle slot. They are going to need to scale the sub back a little if they want to sell through 2016. I agree that they may move to a no DOS model.
    just 1 fig for month is perfect! For more i will pass... they costs very much now for overseas collectors! Fig+shipping+tax. 1 fig costs about $50 in italy
    1 for month and i will continue also in the 2016.

I am hoping, financially-speaking, that the offerings are pared down a bit. I would love 12 basic figures, 4 Quarterlies, and an SDCC item. No add-on, no holiday item-I could use a break. That's just my own selfish and broke thinking, of course.

As far as selection, I'm excited for more 200X characters like Ofiphus, Tuvar and Baddrah, and Cursed Marzo. I'd love more core NA characters like Crita, Darius, and Sebrian. Throw in Filmation figures like Hawke, Montork, and Masque with characters such as Skeleteen, the Great Black Wizard, and Despara and I'm set. I love it all (some more than the rest), so virtually anything they throw at me has the potential to tickle my fancy. Shoot, I'd be thrilled to get a Courtney Cox figure.

(But for real, I seriously would love Julie.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I hope you're wrong, Scorpia. If they don't show Granita, I can't see many POP-centric collectors staying onboard to subscribe. This isn't 2009, where they're going to wait and HOPE that a bone is thrown to them.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    My dream thing is the packaging must stay the same and they can go eventually with a main sub containing less figures and one or two extra sub with NA and/or Filmation.

Heroic Warrior
    I am not sure what 2016 holds for MOTU/POP but I will stay on board...been on board with 2 subs each year since the line began, plus all the extra subs such as Filmation, 200x and Etheria.

I hope the 2016 line looks like this...

January- Despera
    February- Dare and King Miro
    March- Dylamug
    April- Evil Seed
    May- Lady Slither
    June- Vultak
    July-Hunga the Harpy
    August- General Sunder
    September- Red Eye and the Twigits or King Micha
    October- 200x Giants
    November- Granita
    December- Santa "Adam" Claus

I may be the outlier, but I don't think it'll continue the way it has. I'm expecting some variants of the main characters with maybe 2-3 of the more obscure ones.

I we do indeed end up getting variants of characters, I hope Filmation variations are not the end-all, be-all to it. I'd just as soon get things like Ice Armor He-Man, Snake Mekaneck, Queen Teela, 200X Evil Lyn (with a younger, unhelmeted head), DC Comics Teela (in MAA-type armor), or, if possible, movie-style versions of the main characters (made to fit in with Classics, though; no actor likenesses necessary).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

im gonna say we'll see scaled back tooling. the horses, dylamug, sagitar etc.... I don't think we'll se much of this, that would really be just another year of classics. if this is going to be a re-branding as they say I see 2.0s/filmation variants than more unique one-off characters.
    I have low expectations for 16, but I would love to see the above made of course
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior
    If we get one figure per month id be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    im gonna say we'll see scaled back tooling.
    I think they will have to give us INCREASED tooling and detail to keep the line going. They should decrease the amount of product, but they might try to hold it steady for another year.

I expect lots of main characters, either variants or maybe even some deluxe versions.

For myself, I'm very undecided as to whether I'm in. It will depend on what they offer. I will definitely scale back from this year's 3 subs. I am very unlikely to get even 2 subs for 2016 without a Beast-Man reveal.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs, 2 Collectors' Choice subs. 1 Red Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

No-Ah, just out of curiosity, what would you like in this new version of Beast Man? Filmation? 200X? Mini-Comics-inspired? DC?

I'd love to get a version I could army-build, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    No-Ah, just out of curiosity, what would you like in this new version of Beast Man? Filmation? 200X? Mini-Comics-inspired? DC?

I'd love to get a version I could army-build, actually.
    I'm flexible. I list mini-comic and 200X versions in my signature, but I'm open to others as well. He's the second most important villain in the franchise, and hasn't been in print in years. It's time for him to come back, well past time!
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs, 2 Collectors' Choice subs. 1 Red Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I'd love a proper Beast Man that's as tall as Blast Attak. Give him a slightly oversized upper body like an ape. 200X aped Beast Man out too...give him this barrel chest and posture. Big ass arms.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 30, 2015 at 06:12pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2345/beastman0.jpg

I'd love a proper Beast Man that's as tall as Blast Attak. Give him a slightly oversized upper body like an ape. 200X aped Beast Man out too...give him this barrel chest and posture. Big ass arms.

http://nerdcityonline.com/wp-content...2/beastman.jpg
    Gimme something like 200X Beast Man With MOTUC Articulation. (He needs to be bigger than the MOTUC version. Seems like the MOTUC Figure is too short.)
    I wonder... Aping up Beastman... would anyone be up for a Gygor Buck Beastman? (new head, armor, pads, hands, legs and feet)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!