Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pre-Filmation Era in MOTUC Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like a blond Teela but I'd also like a He-Man that looks more like the comics with the Conan looking hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    These aren't the greatest, but done as an homage to blonde Teela:
    And how about the red BeastMan?

Well guys, the Pre-Filmation era has scored again, this time in the form of the TRU 2-pack!
    So what else do you guys think they'll do? Is this our (slim) chance to get a DC Teela? Different coloured Mer-Man, Beast Man? etc?
    I for one look forward to these.

Well guys, the Pre-Filmation era has scored again, this time in the form of the TRU 2-pack!
    So what else do you guys think they'll do? Is this our (slim) chance to get a DC Teela? Different coloured Mer-Man, Beast Man? etc?
    I for one look forward to these.
    Very excited about this...though I wonder how they can continue this line after He-Man/Superman. That 1982 issue was the only DC/MOTU crossover. But apparently this will be an actual line. Hell, if it means that we have to get the same comic and 15 different Supermen, I'm game as long as we get all of the pre-Filmation paint apps!
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane429 View Post
    Very excited about this...though I wonder how they can continue this line after He-Man/Superman. That 1982 issue was the only DC/MOTU crossover. But apparently this will be an actual line. Hell, if it means that we have to get the same comic and 15 different Supermen, I'm game as long as we get all of the pre-Filmation paint apps!
    There was a second crossover. It was in Warlord#63. 16 pages. Only this time He-Man fights Zodac!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There was a second crossover. It was in Warlord#63. 16 pages. Only this time He-Man fights Zodac!!!
    I am annoyed that it's taken me this long to find this out; I'm also humbled. I need to talk to my people and find one of those!

I actually have that one, but not the DC comics presents #47. So I'm glad they're including a mini-comic!
    But if you're looking for the 16 page insert...According to this website you can find it in:

Action Comics #537
    All-Star Squadron #15
    Arak/Son Of Thunder #15
    Batman #353
    Captain Carrot And His Amazing Zoo Crew #9
    Daring New Adventures Of Supergirl #1
    DC Comics Presents #51
    Fury Of Firestorm #6
    Justice League Of America #208
    Legion Of Super-Heroes [2nd series] #293
    New Adventures Of Superboy #35
    New Teen Titans [1st series] #25
    Superman [1st series] #377
    Warlord [1st series] #63
    Wonder Woman [1st series] #297

I actually have that one, but not the DC comics presents #47. So I'm glad they're including a mini-comic!
    But if you're looking for the 16 page insert...According to this website you can find it in:

Action Comics #537
    All-Star Squadron #15
    Arak/Son Of Thunder #15
    Batman #353
    Captain Carrot And His Amazing Zoo Crew #9
    Daring New Adventures Of Supergirl #1
    DC Comics Presents #51
    Fury Of Firestorm #6
    Justice League Of America #208
    Legion Of Super-Heroes [2nd series] #293
    New Adventures Of Superboy #35
    New Teen Titans [1st series] #25
    Superman [1st series] #377
    Warlord [1st series] #63
    Wonder Woman [1st series] #297
    This is the thread where I read that (knew about the insert but wasn't putting two and two together)! I need to have someone pick one of these up for me this year at one of the conventions.

I read that comic yesterday for the first time in forever, and I do have to laugh at how they talk on Eternia. Reminds me of The Cable Guy.
    "Dos thus have thou a mug of ale for me and me mate, for he hath been pitched in battle for a fortnight and has the king's thirst for the frosty brew dos thou might have for thus!"

Heroic Warrior
    I have both the DC Comics Presents 47 and one of the issues with the prview on their way to me now. Can't wait to read them after reading the DC comics... I'm also trying to scrape together as many of the old mini-comics as I can. There's so much potential material there... I almost hope that the eventual movie is based on this more than the Filmation, but I know it probably won't be. The Filmation is the most widely known version, so the only thing we can hope for is someone who takes the material more seriously than the show itself did... and adds the maturity and imagination of the old mini-comics.

Sorry if I join this so late, I can't believe I missed this thread.
    I'm reading back all the posts but there is one question I have to ask: am I the only one who thinks that Tee-la and MAA are better to be unrelated?
    There is no mention of them to be father-daughter in the four mini, MAA looks the same age of He-man(and he's a warrior, not an inventor) and Tee-la has been said to be the heir of a long line of warrior ancestors, so it's hint she know who her parents were, right?
    If this was already discussed forgive me, I'll catch up, if not, somebody show me I'm not alone in this.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrò pur campare...

I don't think MAA was originally intended to be her father, and I would like to see this reflected for the original mini-cmic era with MOTUC's bios. It would be great to see Wun-Dar joined in battle by this MAA (perhaps sporting the furred cape seen in his first appearance with yellow/light orange armor), a blonde Teela-like character, and an orange/caucasian Stratos/Avatar character. Throw us Demo-Man or Karak Nul (whoever he fought against then, although I want both!) and a red Beast-Man character and I'm all set for that era!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wasn't even aware that Teela was MAA's daughter until the Talon Fighter comic and record said so. I never got Tale of Teela when I was younger. I knew of it, but the Teela figure I got didn't have it. Heck, even the commemorative figure didn't have it either.

I didn't even think MAA was old. I thought he was close to He-Man in age.

I read that comic yesterday for the first time in forever, and I do have to laugh at how they talk on Eternia. Reminds me of The Cable Guy.
    "Dos thus have thou a mug of ale for me and me mate, for he hath been pitched in battle for a fortnight and has the king's thirst for the frosty brew dos thou might have for thus!"
    Your example reminds me of Thorspeak. I like the way they speak in the modern Thor comics better, without all the thees and thous. It adds a fantasy atmosphere in the old He-Man comics.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 12, 2010 at 04:10pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    ...am I the only one who thinks that Tee-la and MAA are better to be unrelated?
    There is no mention of them to be father-daughter in the four mini, MAA looks the same age of He-man(and he's a warrior, not an inventor)...
    You are not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wasn't even aware that Teela was MAA's daughter until the Talon Fighter comic and record said so. I never got Tale of Teela when I was younger. I knew of it, but the Teela figure I got didn't have it. Heck, even the commemorative figure didn't have it either.

I didn't even think MAA was old. I thought he was close to He-Man in age.
    Sssh! Man-At-Arms isn't Teela's father (adoptive or otherwise). If we keep saying things like that people are going to start believing it!

I much prefer He-Man, Teela, and Man-At-Arms all being near each other in age.

And the early competition feeling between He-man and MAA? Remember, in the first mini when MAA goes to He-man home, He-man mocks him calling him the "the great MAA in my humble home" and them, when MAA ask him to fight togheter, He-man skids away with the battle ram leaving MAA behind (and saying"yeah, well , fight togheter. Sucker!").
    And then in the fourth, "battle in the clouds" when the defeated He-man goes to MAA for help, he mocks him saying that brute strenght is useless and boasting his superior wind raider ecc.
    The two are closer friend but even proud warriors constantly tryin' to catch up with each other. I really would have liked to see this side of their relationship developed.
    Danbrenus

What a time to be alive.

I'm glad Toyguru reiterated his previous remarks on blonde Teela. But alas, I'm a full convert to red-head Teela now. lol. Although I'd still buy a different version. It might look good in some pictures, but Adora's head isn't really ideal for Teela. The collar makes it difficult, plus it just looks like Adora raided Teela's wardrobe..
    Yes, it looks like Adora's head on Teela's body. I prefer the factory Teela's face. It's so beautiful. If she were to have blonde hair, she needs that face. Maybe someone could remove Adora's hair and put it on the hairless Teela head.

Great blonde Teela pics by the way.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Thanks man. Adora's hair sucks on Teela though, it's too thick (too thick for Adora too imo) and Teela's collar gets in the way. She'd need her own sculpted hair. I agree though, Teela's face is perfect.

As for Teela/Duncan's ties...when I was a kid I know that I hated the concept of them being father/daughter, lol. But it grew on me over time, and I think it's proper. The first few minis don't mention it, but they don't contradict it either. We don't see MAA's face, and he's awfully eager to rescue Teela.

As for Teela/Duncan's ties...when I was a kid I know that I hated the concept of them being father/daughter, lol. But it grew on me over time, and I think it's proper. The first few minis don't mention it, but they don't contradict it either. We don't see MAA's face, and he's awfully eager to rescue Teela.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but he wouldn't call her "the warrior goddess" if she was intended to be his daughter, and as I said, Tee-la has a line of warrior ancestors of her own.
    Danbrenus

Thanks man. Adora's hair sucks on Teela though, it's too thick (too thick for Adora too imo) and Teela's collar gets in the way. She'd need her own sculpted hair. I agree though, Teela's face is perfect.
    By too thick do you mean it goes too far back from front to back in a profile view? If so, I totally agree!!!

As for blond Teela, I think she'd need a different skin tone than the one red-headed Teela has.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    By too thick do you mean it goes too far back from front to back in a profile view? If so, I totally agree!!!
    It's not very flexible and the thickness adds to it, or something like that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    Yes, but he wouldn't call her "the warrior goddess" if she was intended to be his daughter, and as I said, Tee-la has a line of warrior ancestors of her own.
    She can have a line of warrior ancestors and still be his adopted daughter. Whether she was cloned or had a natural birth*, she'd still have ancestors. No reason for him not to call her "Warrior Goddess" either.

*Especially since Fisto is her dad.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's hoping that the MOTUC/DCUC comic 2 packs will give us a chance to get early versions of characters, such as blonde Teela, red Beastman, etc.

Not to derail things, I've noticed is that Skeletor is not consistantly portrayed with his toes/boots. He's got three toe claws, normal five toes with points, and boots, and changes between them. Sometimes between panels.

While I'm excited about the DCUC/MOTUC Comic two packs, I've also got this somewhat crazy idea of creating an Issue 3 of DC comics Skeletor: Keldors body, Skeletors armor and sword, 2pack comic head. A good look is on page 17 of that issue.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Battle Cat...finally!

wow cool pic!!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Awesome!
    I love the picture on the right!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior
    I want red Beatman.