Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pre-Filmation Era in MOTUC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If we don't get more weapons or accessories, then maybe we could get another Alcala He-Man head. We could get a calm Alcala head and a determined or grimacing Alcala head.
    Indeed, I prefer two heads over any kind of weapons or accessories. Besides, we have those weapons already (although, I would welcome a mini-comic accurate power sword )
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I thought for sure we would get Oo-Larr but I guess I agree with TG's line of thought. So I guess when we do get him, I don't think he'll have the harness of weapons that came with Goddess. Maybe we'll get the Guerro head to complete the look of that prototype. That would be cool.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Ahhh, I was also hoping to see Alcala He-man sooner than later, and I still hope it will arrive sometime next year. I agree with posts above, new heads over same weapons we already have. In this regard, blonde Teela's head (with pony tail) would be nice. Pre FILMation mini comics are definitely my most favorite He-man era I want red Beast man badly, but with a new head sculpt, not just a repaint.
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKOR View Post
    Ahhh, I was also hoping to see Alcala He-man sooner than later, and I still hope it will arrive sometime next year. I agree with posts above, new heads over same weapons we already have. In this regard, blonde Teela's head (with pony tail) would be nice. Pre FILMation mini comics are definitely my most favorite He-man era I want red Beast man badly, but with a new head sculpt, not just a repaint.
    Yeah....it makes me sad that the MOTUC vs DCUC line died out before we could get some of those repaints like Red Beast man or Green Trap Jaw. Those repaints definitely had their place in the line.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Yeah....it makes me sad that the MOTUC vs DCUC line died out before we could get some of those repaints like Red Beast man or Green Trap Jaw. Those repaints definitely had their place in the line.
    Yeah but don't you think that quarterly figures could fill that place with a bit of more tooling? Like new head for Red Beast man or new accessories (tooling) with re-paint Trap Jaw? These new accessories could be mini comic accurate power sword etc? Thus, not necessarily accessories for that particular repaint figure, but still fitting into wider mini comic mythos
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    If we don't get more weapons or accessories, then maybe we could get another Alcala He-Man head. We could get a calm Alcala head and a determined or grimacing Alcala head.

Or howabout a blonde Teela head? Give her a bigger ponytail, to differentiate her from red haired Teela.
    Yup, great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Indeed, I prefer two heads over any kind of weapons or accessories. Besides, we have those weapons already (although, I would welcome a mini-comic accurate power sword )
    Sure, agreed. But he really needs that spear though
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by THINKOR View Post
    Yeah but don't you think that quarterly figures could fill that place with a bit of more tooling? Like new head for Red Beast man or new accessories (tooling) with re-paint Trap Jaw? These new accessories could be mini comic accurate power sword etc? Thus, not necessarily accessories for that particular repaint figure, but still fitting into wider mini comic mythos
    Oh definitely! This could get us stuff like Mini-comic Tri-Klops, Caucasian Stratos....characters who actually did have differences other than color. The figures who didn't have changes could be repaints and come with extra heads. Maybe even another Roboto with a removable heart instead of moving gears...

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Oh definitely! This could get us stuff like Mini-comic Tri-Klops, Caucasian Stratos....characters who actually did have differences other than color. The figures who didn't have changes could be repaints and come with extra heads. Maybe even another Roboto with a removable heart instead of moving gears...
    Yes, all of those would be great!! and especially Roboto with removable heart Hope TG is reading
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Oo-Larr HAS to come with something extra right? I mean, there's really not that much too him...

Existing Tooling
    Shoulders, upper arms, upper legs, torso - He-Man
    Calves - Demo Man

New Tooling
    Forearms, feet, trunks, spear, head, hair

My hope is for an "Ultimate Oo-Larr" that comes with He-Man's gear so he could become He-Man...

Harness
    Attachable belt
    Boots (one with a slot for a removable dagger)
    Boot dagger
    Bracers
    Axe
    Shield
    Wow, a He-Man figure like this would be a dream! I've always wanted a He-Man with a removeable boot knife

How many of you guys still have your old pre-Filmation minicomics? I'm currently in the process of buying a few up. I've got The Magic Stealer coming in the mail and hopefully will be picking up a larger lot this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    Wow, a He-Man figure like this would be a dream! I've always wanted a He-Man with a removeable boot knife

How many of you guys still have your old pre-Filmation minicomics? I'm currently in the process of buying a few up. I've got The Magic Stealer coming in the mail and hopefully will be picking up a larger lot this weekend.
    I had to get them from eBay because they disappeared from my house a long time ago (I think my mom or my aunt accidentally threw them out). I have practically all of the mini-comics now, even the ultra rare Tale of Teela. The big one I need is Ultimate Battleground. But I have all the Pre-Filmation books though, even the Power of Point Dread/Danger at Castle Grayskull record and comic book.

I had to get them from eBay because they disappeared from my house a long time ago (I think my mom or my aunt accidentally threw them out). I have practically all of the mini-comics now, even the ultra rare Tale of Teela. The big one I need is Ultimate Battleground. But I have all the Pre-Filmation books though, even the Power of Point Dread/Danger at Castle Grayskull record and comic book.
    Awesome! All I have right now are 3 out of the original four (missing He-Man and the Power Sword), He-Man and the Insect People, and The Magic Stealer. Tale of Teela is an awesome score, that would be one I'd have to get further on down the line. I'm curious if there will be a greater demand for Vintage minis with the release of the MOTUC ones as well as the new DC series.

I have many of the minis from my childhood including 3 of the 4 originals. I picked up King of Castle Grayskull off eBay several years ago very cheaply.

They're fun to read here on the .org but for me, nothing compares to holding those tiny musty paper pages in your hands.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Almost forgot to post this latest custom/bash for all my Pre-Filmation hommies!
    Nice. I'm working on some minicomic stuff too, now that I have an Alcala head.

Wow. I'm surprised that YOU didn't get a Demo-Man for that purpose. I too, didn't like the green at first, but that head is so awesome that I don't care about the greenish tint anymore. My normal Skeletor headed figure is resting in a bin too.
    I didn't want to buy a figure I didn't want just to get an accessory. I also didn't want to delay my Wind Raider shipment. Almost everything goes up for sale in the Marketplace so I thought it would be easy to get one, but in this case I never saw a single one for sale. I broke down and ordered him with Kobra Khan, and saved 20 cents.
    Demo Man remains in the bubble, in his mailer, at the bottom of a pile, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    How many of you guys still have your old pre-Filmation minicomics?
    I sold all my motu toys in the 80s, but what I kept were the minicomics and cardbacks. I couldn't part with them, because ultimately they meant the most to me (and still do). I still have them. I also kept other odds and ends (colouring books, magazines, etc).
    I have multiples of the first 4 minis, Temple of Darkness and Masks of Power. Doesn't seem like a lot but back then I mostly got the first four over and over. I could have wallpapered my room with "Battle in the Clouds"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Nice. I'm working on some minicomic stuff too, now that I have an Alcala head.

I didn't want to buy a figure I didn't want just to get an accessory. I also didn't want to delay my Wind Raider shipment. Almost everything goes up for sale in the Marketplace so I thought it would be easy to get one, but in this case I never saw a single one for sale. I broke down and ordered him with Kobra Khan, and saved 20 cents.
    Demo Man remains in the bubble, in his mailer, at the bottom of a pile, lol.

I sold all my motu toys in the 80s, but what I kept were the minicomics and cardbacks. I couldn't part with them, because ultimately they meant the most to me (and still do). I still have them. I also kept other odds and ends (colouring books, magazines, etc).
    I have multiples of the first 4 minis, Temple of Darkness and Masks of Power. Doesn't seem like a lot but back then I mostly got the first four over and over. I could have wallpapered my room with "Battle in the Clouds"
    If it helps at all Whip, you can turn the Demo-Man buck into a mini-comics Trap-Jaw with almost no work involved at all.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Well, if you ever get tired of them, don't use 'm as wallpaper: PM me (out the first four mini's, I only have the first one (and Temple of Darkness and Masks of Power), to answer He-Man'54's question)
    Last edited by Chroniklor; May 16, 2012 at 10:48am.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

How are you guys liking the SDCC reveals?

Procustus. He's coming, and looks fantastic. I never knew of him in the 80s and had never seen The Magic Stealer. But he is prefilmation, so I feel obligated to buy despite Dec. being a brutally expensive month.

Ram Man! The circle is now complete. The most coveted figure in the line will finally be in our collections.

Also of note: While Granamyr might have his filmation colours and wings, the head and body are very Alcala-like in sculpt. Best of both worlds in a way.

I'll take Procustus but they can keep the pregnant dragon.

King He-man is way too metallic with all the silver and gold. And his head is too small for his body. Luckily, I'm putting the finishing touches on my King of Castle Grayskull He-man.

I'm still on the fence about Grayskull man as he's almost a tease that we're not getting the castle itself. I'm pretty pleased overall but wish Rammy had eyes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'll take Procustus but they can keep the pregnant dragon.

King He-man is way too metallic with all the silver and gold. And his head is too small for his body. Luckily, I'm putting the finishing touches on my King of Castle Grayskull He-man.

I'm still on the fence about Grayskull man as he's almost a tease that we're not getting the castle itself. I'm pretty pleased overall but wish Rammy had eyes.
    He Has eyes... and a major headache

I like the reveals overall. Of course I love the fact that we are getting Ram Man, Jitsu and Procrustus, and Fang man looks great, but part of me is worried that because Mattel scaled down the line for 2013 and because it has access to Filmation characters, we might never see Mask of Power Demons for example. I doubt they will win in the fan poll. I won't even say how I feel about the chances of getting green, Alcala accurate (head sculpt) Granamyr
    Evil Master of Thinking!

We're going to get a proper prototype/Alcala Grayskull! If everyone orders one, of course...

That design is basically a huge part of my childhood. It evoked so much wonder, mystery, and creepiness, playing a huge role in luring me into the franchise.

It will be very interesting to see what the final design will be. I was convinced that horsemen want go Icon Heroes style as they were heavily involved in that, but I guess that is not set to the stone? I am still in a bit of wait and see mode, the blueprint drawing will tell us more what exactly they wish to do.

Court Magician

We're going to get a proper prototype/Alcala Grayskull! If everyone orders one, of course...

That design is basically a huge part of my childhood. It evoked so much wonder, mystery, and creepiness, playing a huge role in luring me into the franchise.
    And we have ordered, and it is coming! (Do we know if there's going to be a moat mat like that?)

I really wanted to make my first real post here (other than some poll responses) in this thread, as I'm very much a pre-Filmationer. While I watched the cartoon as a kid, my personal MOTU canon was very much based on the early mini-comics, especially the Alcala four and the Point Dread/Talon Fighter book. (Well, with the occasional tweak, such as running with the "Evil" and "Enforcer" bits of Zodak's description, along with his blaster and the ammo molded into his costume [whichever color of it I was using at the time - had a couple copies of the accessory pack], and making him into the greatest sharpshooter in the galaxy...) I tried to draw my own map of Eternia on squares of paper, inspired by Skeletor's table in the record book; had Beast Man and Stratos [with red jet pack; it's funny to me to now read that that's considered the alternate version] have their wrist weapons; and had the split halves of the Power Sword as a primary element of every story.

I missed the ground floor of the Classics line, and still haven't caught some desired figures (Whiplash...); but now -especially thanks to Black Friday-Cyber Monday - I'm getting a solid collection of these excellent new figures built up. Love the nods to the earliest days of the line, and, while not feeling completionist at this point, seeing ways that a lot of these new figures could be fit into my kind of mythos, if ever used, by me and/or my son, for more than posing... And, MOTUC led me to this site; and to this thread, dedicated to the era which gave me the strength of interest in this universe to still attract me to this day. So - long live Pre-Filmation mythos; and long live MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by LKW View Post
    And we have ordered, and it is coming! (Do we know if there's going to be a moat mat like that?)

I really wanted to make my first real post here (other than some poll responses) in this thread, as I'm very much a pre-Filmationer. While I watched the cartoon as a kid, my personal MOTU canon was very much based on the early mini-comics, especially the Alcala four and the Point Dread/Talon Fighter book. (Well, with the occasional tweak, such as running with the "Evil" and "Enforcer" bits of Zodak's description, along with his blaster and the ammo molded into his costume [whichever color of it I was using at the time - had a couple copies of the accessory pack], and making him into the greatest sharpshooter in the galaxy...) I tried to draw my own map of Eternia on squares of paper, inspired by Skeletor's table in the record book; had Beast Man and Stratos [with red jet pack; it's funny to me to now read that that's considered the alternate version] have their wrist weapons; and had the split halves of the Power Sword as a primary element of every story.

I missed the ground floor of the Classics line, and still haven't caught some desired figures (Whiplash...); but now -especially thanks to Black Friday-Cyber Monday - I'm getting a solid collection of these excellent new figures built up. Love the nods to the earliest days of the line, and, while not feeling completionist at this point, seeing ways that a lot of these new figures could be fit into my kind of mythos, if ever used, by me and/or my son, for more than posing... And, MOTUC led me to this site; and to this thread, dedicated to the era which gave me the strength of interest in this universe to still attract me to this day. So - long live Pre-Filmation mythos; and long live MOTUC!
    Most of what I remembered off hand about MOTU was from the toys and the Filmation series (I'm just getting back into MOTU after decades of just remembering it fondly). But then I saw found scans of all the Mini Comics, and I suddenly remembered them too. I didn't get too deep into them as a kid, but I do remember some of that artwork. WAY better stories and mythos than the Filmation series. Now I'm firmly in the pre-Filmation faction.

I do sort of get the appeal of Adam changing into He-Man. It's the same appeal of Peter Parker becoming Spider Man. But to really make that work, they should have made Adam younger and smaller (like they did in the MYP series) so kids could relate to him. Also, instead of being this pampered prince of a wealthy kingdom, maybe he's prince of this small jungle tribe. Maybe he was a good hunter, but not extraordinary, and certainly not living in a palace. It's hard to relate to a super-buff wealthy prince who turns into basically the same guy with less clothing.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned "Jungle He-Man" is the only He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Anyway, as far as I'm concerned "Jungle He-Man" is the only He-Man.
    Word!

BTW, here's my custom King of Castle Grayskull inspired King He-Man custom in case anyone missed it. You can read more about his creation and see more pics here. http://insidiouscustoms.blogspot.com...an-custom.html

That looks great - I can totally see him as the mysterious warrior who split the power sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Skeletor likes to play with He-Man figures as well!

- - - Updated - - -

From the same story (The Power of Point Dread story with record), Skeletor without his hood!

- - - Updated - - -

First page is great too.