Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pre-Filmation Era in MOTUC Thread

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    Sweeet custom there, SnakeEyes!! I collected 200X, and am slowly starting to build a MOTU Classics collection having started with Zodac and Man At Arms. My plan was to focus on just the Mineternia cast of characters, the 1982 lineup as it was the pre-Filmation stuff that hooked me into MOTU as well.

But I think I'm probably getting a mixed bag of stuff from family for Christmas because of the Better Than Black Friday sale...told them to get while the gettin' was good
    I haven't looked at those DC comics in several years -- when I go home for the holidays I'm definitely rummaging through my brother's long boxes to find them and give them another read.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylde Weezle View Post
    Sweeet custom there, SnakeEyes!! I collected 200X, and am slowly starting to build a MOTU Classics collection having started with Zodac and Man At Arms. My plan was to focus on just the Mineternia cast of characters, the 1982 lineup as it was the pre-Filmation stuff that hooked me into MOTU as well.

But I think I'm probably getting a mixed bag of stuff from family for Christmas because of the Better Than Black Friday sale...told them to get while the gettin' was good
    I haven't looked at those DC comics in several years -- when I go home for the holidays I'm definitely rummaging through my brother's long boxes to find them and give them another read.
    Thanks, WW. Happy to see another Joe fan on board. I too collected 200X and only planned to collect the characters from the first four mini-comics in Classics. But I also had a buddy who gave me figures that broke my rule...and then the floodgates just flew open. I have to say, I do have some rules that I haven't broken...no 200X style characters. As much as I loved the 200X line, I'm not a fan of those elements in Classics.

Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Moved from El Paso, TX
    Definitely - Xmas '82 for me and my brother was a mindscrambler: Skeletor and He-man + my first straight arm Joes, Scarlett, Cobra Enemy, Flash & Short Fuze! Chicago Horde? I grew up in Wheaton by where Jimmy Hayes used to work that Graham Crackers. Toys by Rizzi forever

Curious to see if Jon Chu will dig deep into the source material like he did with Joe and put some Mineternia elements in the MOTU movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylde Weezle View Post
    Curious to see if Jon Chu will dig deep into the source material like he did with Joe and put some Mineternia elements in the MOTU movie.
    Man, if only. Of course, there always has to be a happy medium, I'd hate to lose at least a few of the later elements entirely, for example Prince Adam would be nice to have in part, or far more importantly, Man-At-Arm's mustache.

I would really love to have these elements in a film, but let's be honest, those who take time to look into the minicomics are far outnumbered by the Filmation fans. Oh well. I suppose I can dream!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So...now we can re-enact that dogfight between the Wind Raider and the Battle Ram sled in Battle of the Clouds! Getting the Sky Sled gave me great memories of Pre-Filmation He-Man's ride of choice. Back in the day, when vehicles were unique creations and devices, instead of having whole fleets of them.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

^^^ I had that one (still have it!)

I'm okay with fleets of them, depending on the canon. Moreso the Wind Raider. But the Battle Ram is mostly going to belong to He-Man only on my shelf. I can see an evolution though...He-Man has a unique Battle Ram, and over time he lends the sky sled to Eternos to make a fleet of them.

I'll definitely be doing Battle in the Clouds photos with the Battle Ram. In fact I already tried with the Wind Raider, but it's difficult b/c the toy doesn't match up to the vehicle's proportions in the comic. He-Man can't stand on the side of it like he did in the minicomic. I tried a couple of different things but they didn't look good.

There were so many cool items during PowerCon that I wanted to get, old books mainly... but I had limited cash...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Oddly enough, I won this coloring book at the special premiere event of the Filmation cartoon in a theater in Chicago. While I hated the cartoon mythos that I got my first exposure to at this event, the story and art in this coloring book were true to the mini-comic storyline and kept me hooked on the franchise. (I also got some Masters crayons with it.)

But back to the topic...I don't imagine there are "fleets" of these vehicles but there are several of them. They are the "found" relics of another era; the era of the ancient Eternian scientists.

Since the Battle Ram did very well, I wonder what's the next vehicle that fans want besides that back of the Battle Ram?

I'd like to get the Attack Trak in all brown like the mini-comics! I thought it looked so much more rugged. It's like the Tumbler of Pre-Filmation!

Seems like another Idol thread is approaching...

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Besides the back half of the Battle Ram, I think the Roton is the next logical choice. Followed maybe by the Talon Fighter
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Since the Battle Ram did very well, I wonder what's the next vehicle that fans want besides that back of the Battle Ram?

I'd like to get the Attack Trak in all brown like the mini-comics! I thought it looked so much more rugged. It's like the Tumbler of Pre-Filmation!

In keeping with the spirit of the thread: Man-at-Arms' Battle Chariot

Ted Mayer concept art.

battleram_tedmayer.jpg

For pre-filmation fans to enjoy.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Glad I seen this thread.
    I love the pre filmation stuff.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Heroic Warrior

I'm with you regarding the brown Attak Trak (He-Man Meets Ram Man! and The Magic Stealer! for those who haven't seen the relevant minicomics). I did a poll on this ages ago though, and I think that sadly most fans would prefer the toy red. Not that that looks bad (it doesn't), but the rugged brown version is so much better.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ariot_full.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...y/131_full.jpg
    YES! Absolutely YES!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I'm kinda jonesing for a Road Ripper all of a sudden, but for fairness' sake- let's give the Evil Warriors the Land Shark first
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm kinda jonesing for a Road Ripper all of a sudden, but for fairness' sake- let's give the Evil Warriors the Land Shark first
    It is already sort of more cartoony vehicle, even if I did enjoy it a lot as a kid. I am not sure if there really is other released vehicles other than Windraider and Battleram that fit to the pre-filmation style. I am not sure if there is any fitting vehicle for the early style? Maybe the steeds, if you count them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Ted Mayer concept art.

battleram_tedmayer.jpg

For pre-filmation fans to enjoy.

Wow...that looks like half-Battle Ram/half Attack Trak...

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Besides the back half of the Battle Ram, I think the Roton is the next logical choice. Followed maybe by the Talon Fighter
    I like this idea except switch them. Maybe Talon Fighter next since we are getting a Classics Castle Grayskull.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ariot_full.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...y/131_full.jpg
    I would buy that in a heartbeat. I do like how the 4H proto for the back half of the Battle Ram incorporates the battle chariot design element of those super huge back wheels.

YES! I've wanted this since I was 8. However since it was never made, I just don't see it in the cards...at least without a billion fans crying foul.

My most wanted vehicle list remains intact...until we get the back of the Battle Ram...

1) Battle Ram (whole or back half)
    2) Attack Track
    3) Point Dread and Talon Fighter
    4) Roton
    5) Stridor
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Savage Masters Group on FB

Hey Pre-Filmationites! Just thought I'd share the link to a new FB Group I started that will definitely be of interest to Pre-Filmation era fans called "Savage Masters of the Universe." In addition to chatting about current topics through a pre-Filmation lens, I will be celebrating and analyzing the first four mini-comics in detail over the next few weeks. Check it out! https://www.facebook.com/groups/savagemasters/

My god...

The King Of Castle Grayskull - MOTUC VERSION - by PiFerst

To be continued!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great,

Nice one Snakeeyes I'm heading over there now