Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matty.com single page display for all monthly products?

gah that page would be almost perfect for me except for the cars and buzz figures i wouldnt want
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

This is a great sign that Mattel & Digital River are doing something to alleviate the site problems. Definitely an encouraging sign!
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    If you can set the quantity to "0," that page would be a huge step forward for the site (and it has to be possible to have that option in the box; I can do it for a webpage on a six year old version of Microsoft Frontpage).

If someone hasn't done so, please post these suggestions on Mattycollector's Facebook page to drive the point home. I can't (me no understand texting to confirm account), and this could make everyone's life easier, Mattel's included.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but you still have to access the single display through Matty's home page correct? And now you will also be competing with DCU, Pixar, and Ghostbuster's fans as well? Wouldn't utilizing this "new option" page on a regular basis lead to more headaches not less?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but you still have to access the single display through Matty's home page correct? And now you will also be competing with DCU, Pixar, and Ghostbuster's fans as well? Wouldn't utilizing this "new option" page on a regular basis lead to more headaches not less?
    it would be less since people wouldnt have to tie up band with trying to navigate several pages.

one page, one click of a purchase button and bam!! done sooner and off the site faster.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but you still have to access the single display through Matty's home page correct?
    Yep, looks that way.

And now you will also be competing with DCU, Pixar, and Ghostbuster's fans as well?
    Since Mattel always releases ALL their products on the 15th (not *just* MOTUC) this is nothing new.

This is great! This would remedy many issues I'd think. Hopefully it'll go forward to being used for everything on sale each given 15th (or whatever day).
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Since Mattel always releases ALL their products on the 15th (not *just* MOTUC) this is nothing new.

It is if they switch over to this single page alone, as some are suggesting they do. Now everyone would be trying to get to the same page for ordering all the products, not just the individual pages for each product.

It is if they switch over to this single page alone, as some are suggesting they do. Now everyone would be trying to get to the same page for ordering all the products, not just the individual pages for each product.
    no, not everyone. just the people that want EVERYTHING. if you only want the MOTUC stuff you'd only hit up the MOTUC page.

the all-in-one page wouldn't replace the current pages. it would just make everything that is available easy to find. PLUS instead of clogging up the sute by traveling though 4-5 different pages you can go to 1 page, complete your transaction and be out faster therefor clearing up the time spent on the site which clears up the backlog of users trying to buy stuff.

think of it as an express checkout like the ones you find in grocery stores or targets/walmarts

And? Sorry, I'm not clear on what you're saying.
    I just ordered SDCC Exclusives today using the single page display, and it worked GREAT!

Not having to navigate to the Ghostbusters section and wait for it to load individually.
    Just ONE page to load, add stuff to your cart, and you're out the door.

Before, you had to:

1. Load Matty.com
    2. Load the MOTUC page
    3. Load the specific MOTUC figure page
    4. Add to cart
    5. Then load the main screen again
    6. Load whatever other product page you want (DCUC, JLU, etc.)
    7. Repeat 3 and 4

And experience RSOD at EACH of these steps!
    I completely fail to see how this old way was better.

Holy Crap that was the easiest ordering experience I have had yet! It took a total of 9 minutes to get everything. Only got 2 RSOD's through the enitre process.

Well done Mattel. Well done indeed. I truely hope that this is how things go forward on ordering day. It was so nice to add the MOTU and Ghostbuster stuff at the same time.

Hoping October and on will follow suit with all of the bonus figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    And? Sorry, I'm not clear on what you're saying.
    I just ordered SDCC Exclusives today using the single page display, and it worked GREAT!

Not having to navigate to the Ghostbusters section and wait for it to load individually.
    Just ONE page to load, add stuff to your cart, and you're out the door.

Before, you had to:

1. Load Matty.com
    2. Load the MOTUC page
    3. Load the specific MOTUC figure page
    4. Add to cart
    5. Then load the main screen again
    6. Load whatever other product page you want (DCUC, JLU, etc.)
    7. Repeat 3 and 4

And experience RSOD at EACH of these steps!
    I completely fail to see how this old way was better.
    It worked fine for me as well, I was merely asking questions. My concern was expressed due to others suggesting that the single pages should be removed, forcing everyone to bottleneck to this "express page," even if only buying one figure. Now that I have seen it in action, I am less trepidatious.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

Gotcha!

Yeah, I don't think the individual pages should be removed, this would just be an added option for those ordering more than one product.

I really hope Mattel considers making it a permanent feature, as there will only be MORE product lines added with time, not fewer.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    This all inclusive page was a great improvement. Having everything laid out, waiting for you to select only what you want, was a big time and bandwidth saver.

I really think that every month in which multiple offerings are made available they should utilize this page for everyone’s convenience.

Check out Daniel Lynch's Matty Calendar.

From here on out, looks like there will be multiple releases every month!

I really liked the implementation of this single page for all the new items available for order. I really hope Mattel uses this going forward. I'm sure it helped minimize the traffic somewhat by not forcing people through the single page versions of each item.

Confirmed by the latest Q&A HERE, this is going to happen!

Yay!