Thread: Thinking about starting a MOTUC collection.

HD figures on youtube

Thinking about starting a MOTUC collection.

As the title says, I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I've tried ordering from Matty, but I work most days a figure goes on sale. Also, I thought about getting the sub, but a few here advised me not to, since my credit card would be expiring before january. So, I'm thinking about getting some here & there from ebay & various sites.

I'm most likely the biggest MOTU fan that never bought one of these new figures. When I was a kid, you could not pry my butt away from the tv when He-Man was or She-Ra was on. Had all the figures and playsets, and saw both movies in the theater. It's stayed with me my entire life, as it has most of you. Its kinda hard to explain the feelings I have for the franchise.

Also LOVED the MYP cartoon, and I'm still sad it's gone. I collected the comics, & figures, and still think they are fantastic. But, those are no more, which leads me to right now. I need me some MOTU!

I would search for prices between $25-$35, and just get what I can. And sometimes spend more on those MUST haves for my collection, like Battlecat & Tytus. Waiting a month or two to get the brand new release don't bother me in the least, because every month I'll get one or two, and they are ALL brand new to me.

Not made up my mind yet, but kinda wanted to get feedback here. I know most may not like the idea of me giving money to "scalpers", but, don't really bother me personally. And the line seems to be selling so well, I just know in time they will get to all the MOTU/POP/2K figures I want.

I'll try to get the rereleases on matty, if they are on sale by the time I get off that night. Not sure if there is one this month or not, but I'll look. Anyway, sorry for the babbling, just kinda typing out loud.

Take care fellow He-fans

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Try Big Bad toy store. They still have most of the First and Second releases of characters and some side items. They will cost you more than matty but are way less than some of the prices you will find on evil-bay.

Also for some of the character you missed you got the right idea about catching the re-releases, they usually stay around at least a minimum of one hour depending on the figure and how fast their preivous release did.(I.E. He-man and Skeletor sell out real fast on re-release).
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Try Big Bad toy store. They still have most of the First and Second releases of characters and some side items. They will cost you more than matty but are way less than some of the prices you will find on evil-bay.

Also for some of the character you missed you got the right idea about catching the re-releases, they usually stay around at least a minimum of one hour depending on the figure and how fast their preivous release did.(I.E. He-man and Skeletor sell out real fast on re-release).
    Ooooooh yeah, forgot about BBTS. Ordered some Star Wars figures from them a few months back, and liked thier service. Thanks for the heads up!

Do it. You know you want to.

If you're a hardcore fan, I don't think there are lengths one will not go to, to get stuff.
    You Americans are lucky; if I buy from Ebay (Not often these days) I can expect to pay up to $50 or more just for shipping in some cases. Same goes for BBTS.

My first motuc figure (He-Man 1st issue) cost me $183 from a local site. I was that desperate (and naive) that I'd have paid almost anything to get me a motuc He-Man.

But yeah, it's a great, great line and I fully trust you'll be more than happy with your motuc collecting.

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    Do it. You know you want to.

If you're a hardcore fan, I don't think there are lengths one will not go to, to get stuff.
    You Americans are lucky; if I buy from Ebay (Not often these days) I can expect to pay up to $50 or more just for shipping in some cases. Same goes for BBTS.

My first motuc figure (He-Man 1st issue) cost me $183 from a local site. I was that desperate (and naive) that I'd have paid almost anything to get me a motuc He-Man.

But yeah, it's a great, great line and I fully trust you'll be more than happy with your motuc collecting.
    Whoa, thats aweful! I just loaded up a cart on BBTS, with SIX MOTUC figures, and the UPS shipping was like $14. That's just not fair for fans over seas!

But, thanks for the encouragment to get into the line It's really been tempting me as of late. Oddly enough, seeing pics of Bow kinda pushed me over the edge And Shadowbeast.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah! Just start collecting them. If you have to go on ebay, do it. Usually a few weeks or a month after the matty sale date the prices get a little more reasonable on ebay. My personal rule is not to pay more than $45 per figure including shipping. After a while the re-sellers have to lower their prices to sell them. Don't worry about someone buying them before you... the re-sellers usually have 10-20 subscriptions and have plenty to sell. But always check matty first... although not likely, you may get lucky.

Hello and welcome.

I was in a similar boat as you, as I was unable to buy any MOTUC products in 2008 and 2009, only starting this year. But fortunately it's possible to easily build up a collection from the ground up. The org has a very active marketplace, and watching for the right deal to pop up will let you fill in those blank spots in your collection much much cheaper than eBay would!

Also, you may want to hold off getting a bunch of older figures from eBay until we know what the cyber monday sale on Mattycollector will include! It's possible there will be a slew of older product on sale.

Good luck and good hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Whoa, thats aweful! I just loaded up a cart on BBTS, with SIX MOTUC figures, and the UPS shipping was like $14. That's just not fair for fans over seas!

But, thanks for the encouragment to get into the line It's really been tempting me as of late. Oddly enough, seeing pics of Bow kinda pushed me over the edge And Shadowbeast.
    Which figures did you get?

I agree on Bow and especially the Shadowbeasts...awesome, eh?

My first motuc figure (He-Man 1st issue) cost me $183 from a local site. ..
    Don't want to hijack the topic, what country are you from Neal? I've found that dealing through people through this site (of course only reliable traders) you can push shipping down a lot. Not to the level Digital River offers (sadly), but down to around maybe $10 for a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Don't want to hijack the topic, what country are you from Neal? I've found that dealing through people through this site (of course only reliable traders) you can push shipping down a lot. Not to the level Digital River offers (sadly), but down to around maybe $10 for a figure.
    I'm from South Africa; There are a couple of us on the boards actually. Motu was huge here, and Motuc is slowly building momentum in these parts.

Why I choose normally not to deal with international traders is that it's happened before that I haven't received my stuff. (Close to half the time, I would say.)
    That's not to say the traders where unreliable or not ethical, but somehow, somewhere, my stuff got lost "in the system" and never arrived, including a Webstor I ordered straight from the Matty website.

That left me with little choice but to either order internationally and incur extra expense like insurance etc. to cover myself, or to buy from a very expensive local site, where at least I could have peace of mind that the order would arrive.

Things are better now though, but in the early days of my motuc collecting it was wickedly expensive.

HD figures on youtube
    Thanks for all the great replied guys!!!!!!!

Neal1972-None yet, I just wanted to see how much they would charge for shipping. But, if I do go ahead with this tuesday, I'll be getting..

BA He-Man
    Skeletor
    Marzo
    MAA
    Whiplash
    Trap-jaw

Sandman-Ha, not hijacking at all!. Thanks for the help guys!

Neal1972-None yet, I just wanted to see how much they would charge for shipping. But, if I do go ahead with this tuesday, I'll be getting..

BA He-Man
    Skeletor
    Marzo
    MAA
    Whiplash
    Trap-jaw

Awesome. I hope you decide to go ahead with it.

BA He-Man
    Skeletor
    Marzo
    MAA
    Whiplash
    Trap-jaw

Sandman-Ha, not hijacking at all!. Thanks for the help guys!
    A good selection you got there. Man-at-Arms and Trap-Jaw are especially sweet figures which will not dissapoint in any way. I'd also definently recommend going after Hordak, Mer-Man and Scare Glow, three of my personal favorites so far!

I'm from South Africa; There are a couple of us on the boards actually. Motu was huge here, and Motuc is slowly building momentum in these parts.

Why I choose normally not to deal with international traders is that it's happened before that I haven't received my stuff. (Close to half the time, I would say.)
    That's not to say the traders where unreliable or not ethical, but somehow, somewhere, my stuff got lost "in the system" and never arrived, including a Webstor I ordered straight from the Matty website.
    Oh yeah, I know what you mean. If I were to buy from local sellers, I would have been financially ruined, so I had to cross my fingers and hope for the best ordering from the USA. Thankfully it worked out... so far. I hope you have good luck in completing your collection!
    Last edited by Sandman; September 10, 2010 at 09:57am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Sending you a PM, I might be able to help you out. I'm not a "scalper", but I'm looking to unload most of my MOC collection for what I paid for them plus shipping.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 10, 2010 at 10:47am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    . I hope you have good luck in completing your collection!
    Thanks. So far, so good...

If you have the money, I would buy someone's collection on here or on eBay. You can get caught up all at once and probably not pay more than $25-$30 per figure including shipping. It would be a big cost up front, but you would save yourself some time tracking down individual figures.

For the most part, you can still find the He-Man/Superman and Skeletor/Luthor 2 packs at Toys R Us. That gets you the 2 main characters in comic colors right away. I'd try a variety of places though. BBTS has the items, but you should shop around. Ebay can give you some good deals now that so many resellers have jumped on and saturated the market. Brian's Toys is another good site along with Entertainment Earth.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Latoybox.com also has quite a few figures, I picked up a couple of figures I missed off Matty there. There prices are a little bit better than BBTS.

Sttatos and merman are about to go retail at toysrus...and heman and skeletor can still b found there if that helps

Stratos and merman are about to go retail at toysrus
    Last edited by enoch; September 10, 2010 at 02:07pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost