Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull re-release discussion

Hybrid View

King Grayskull re-release discussion

Ok. I know Matty has said that KG will get a re-issue. But he's the only one that says NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Does this just mean because that item is the SDCC one in the fancy box?
    Or will KG be changed? I heard his cloak couldn't be removed. Maybe change that? Include the 200x sword?

Also, by "most" do you think that ONLY means SDCC King Greyskull? or do you think characters like Tri-klops and webstor - minor characters being made in much bigger production numbers to all previous figures - won't see a re-release because so many are being produced for their initial run?
    How would this affect the collector market for those figures?
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

I was hoping he'd be one of the rerelease announcements and I hope they put him in the same packaging as the standard line so we can display him and actually see him. Who knows though ...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I was hoping he'd be one of the rerelease announcements and I hope they put him in the same packaging as the standard line so we can display him and actually see him. Who knows though ...
    that would be cool as I dont want to open up my drawbridge to take a look at him and make wear to the box.. so took lots of photos instead

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Personally, when they do re-release KG I would like him to be either in his bronze statue form or in his ghostly spirit form. I think he looks too much like He-Man to effectively be a separate character. That way he can be immortalized in his failed mission to rid evil from Eternia.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quoting TG regarding differences between the SDCC King Grayskull and the Re-Issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    All of the characters who get re-released will have the same burst. Our goal is to make as few (if any) changes for the re-release. For He-Man and Skeletor there were minor tweaks we wanted to do to make them closer to the way the Horsemen intended.

He-Man: Red lightened around eyes, shoulders corrected, gloss reduced.

Skeletor: Right hand corrected, a few minor tweaks to the face deco, Demo-Man added to the bio. (now that it cleared copyright, that is what kept it off the card in the first place)

Hopefully most figures won't need any corrections and the only change will be the addition of the "The Original" burst.

We will re-release King Grayskull down the road, but not in the SDCC package and likely with some small changes (such as making his head removable and updating some decos or accessories) as well as adding a new bio so he can have a single card release and blend with the rest of the line.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Quoting TG regarding differences between the SDCC King Grayskull and the Re-Issue:
    As nice as Grayskull's packaging was I'd be perfectly fine if he came in the standard packaging. Dude's getting opened up either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    Ok. I know Matty has said that KG will get a re-issue. But he's the only one that says NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Does this just mean because that item is the SDCC one in the fancy box?
    Or will KG be changed? I heard his cloak couldn't be removed. Maybe change that? Include the 200x sword?

Also, by "most" do you think that ONLY means SDCC King Greyskull? or do you think characters like Tri-klops and webstor - minor characters being made in much bigger production numbers to all previous figures - won't see a re-release because so many are being produced for their initial run?
    How would this affect the collector market for those figures?
    I don't think we'll ever see a rerelease of Zodac or Stratos and I do have my doubts about Beastman.

As for King Grayskull, I'm thinking most people would just be happy if they changed him and reissued one that had both feet attatched.

I'm pretty sure beastman will get a re-release. Remember, he was originally the main villain. He's very much in demand and Matty will know that. And I'm expecting stratos will too. If only because those figures were produced in such smaller numbers to the others.
    The only reason I can think to NOT reissue Stratos would be if they were planning on the reverse colours stratos as a bonus figure (would that make stratos the rarest figure in the entire line???)

I could understand Zodac not getting a re-release. He was made in double the numbers to the aforementioned figures, and sold out much slower. And with Zodak on the way, he seems unlikely to sell very well (that said, I bought Zodac on ebay as soon as i saw Zodak at SDCC, solely because I want to have ALL the cosmic enforcers now and not be missing Zodac from He-Ro's posse)
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

KG being rereleased is a MUST for me. Better ankle joints asie (ugh!), here's what should happen:

-removable armor, cape, head

-identical weapons, although if Mattel wanted to throw in the 200X sword, I'm sure some would love it. I already have it with MAA and wouldn't mind if it was left out.

-standard packaging, with the same bio as on his packaging at SDCC, although a real name could be interesting here!

Now, listen up Mattel, how about, as a Signing Bonus Figure for our 2011 Subs (which will include Bonus Figures as an option! ), throw us a new (altered if necessary) Spirit of King Grayskull!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    KG being rereleased is a MUST for me. Better ankle joints asie (ugh!), here's what should happen:

-removable armor, cape, head

-identical weapons, although if Mattel wanted to throw in the 200X sword, I'm sure some would love it. I already have it with MAA and wouldn't mind if it was left out.

-standard packaging, with the same bio as on his packaging at SDCC, although a real name could be interesting here!

Now, listen up Mattel, how about, as a Signing Bonus Figure for our 2011 Subs (which will include Bonus Figures as an option! ), throw us a new (altered if necessary) Spirit of King Grayskull!
    I'm with you on this one.

I'll take a regular re-issue KG at the least, and make my own Spirit figure. I don't dare take the one I have out of the box, especially considering how fragile the ankles are.

I've got my King Grayskull from SDCC, but yup, re-release him for people who didn't get one. Identical figure & accessories, but put him on a standard card.

A re-release takes away absolutely nothing from us folks who already have one.

Yes please re-issue King Grayskull

Yes, yes, and YES!!

Definitely a re-release for KG!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy Black Guy View Post
    Yes please re-issue King Grayskull
    Yes, yes, and YES!!

Definitely a re-release for KG!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    As for King Grayskull, I'm thinking most people would just be happy if they changed him and reissued one that had both feet attatched.
    Right leg! Give me one with the right leg still attached!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

When I read "MOST" I actually thought they were referring to KG as being one that wouldn't be re-released and I certainly hope that is not the case

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    When I read "MOST" I actually thought they were referring to KG as being one that wouldn't be re-released and I certainly hope that is not the case
    the thing is, matty KNOWS that King Grayskull is easily the 3rd most wanted for a re-release (following He-man and then skelly and beastman at 4th IMO). pretty much everyone needs him. To the point he's an unreleased figure almost.
    It would be a very good move on Matty's part to reissue him right after He-man and skelly.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

it would be interesting to make a list of all those who do not own the Big KG

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    the thing is, matty KNOWS that King Grayskull is easily the 3rd most wanted for a re-release (following He-man and then skelly and beastman at 4th IMO). pretty much everyone needs him. To the point he's an unreleased figure almost.
    It would be a very good move on Matty's part to reissue him right after He-man and skelly.
    You just mentioned all the figures I need to complete my collection. Those four re-released is money in the bank for Mattel

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they revisit the 200X cartoon series and put him in snake armor. That would be the coolest!!

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I have King Grayskull, but I still really hope he gets reissued. He's simply too cool to be excluded from the collections of so many people. There are also some cosmetic flaws that will presumably be corrected on a reissued Grayskull. For that reason, I'd also pick up an extra. I keep mine permanently displayed standing in the doorway to Castle Grayskull, so it'd be nice to have an extra to go with the other figures. Plus, there are the durability issues that largley prompted me to pose him once and leave him alone.

Regarding the variants, there shouldn't be any with these figures. Trying to get variants with figures you have to order blindly without seeing them in person until they arrive at your doorstep would be a nightmare. Then, there would be the issues with people ordering one figure, and getting stuck with a chase variant they may not want. Hey, I'd love a Spirit of Grayskull figure, but if I ordered a reissue King Grayskull and got sent a Spirit variant instead, I gotta admit I'd be kinda ******. No random variants, ever.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I have to agree about that random variant thing. Some people would love it but others may want the specific figure they ordered for a reason. That would open a very big ball of wax for Mattel that they don't need.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar

King Grayskull re-issue

Hey guys. As you all know, King Grayskull will eventually (I'm waiting with baited breath) be re-released. Do you think they'll re-issue the Bronze variant of Grayskull? Do you think it'll be released as a bonus??

I really hope so. I don't want to be jipped on it. I would actually buy 2 of them so I could display one on a nice bronze base to look very statuesque.

I dont think the Bronze version will be re-issued
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    The bronze is one of the very very few things that I don't think should be re-released...