Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull re-release discussion

King Grayskull re-release discussion

Ok. I know Matty has said that KG will get a re-issue. But he's the only one that says NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Does this just mean because that item is the SDCC one in the fancy box?
    Or will KG be changed? I heard his cloak couldn't be removed. Maybe change that? Include the 200x sword?

Also, by "most" do you think that ONLY means SDCC King Greyskull? or do you think characters like Tri-klops and webstor - minor characters being made in much bigger production numbers to all previous figures - won't see a re-release because so many are being produced for their initial run?
    How would this affect the collector market for those figures?
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

I was hoping he'd be one of the rerelease announcements and I hope they put him in the same packaging as the standard line so we can display him and actually see him. Who knows though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    Ok. I know Matty has said that KG will get a re-issue. But he's the only one that says NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Does this just mean because that item is the SDCC one in the fancy box?
    Or will KG be changed? I heard his cloak couldn't be removed. Maybe change that? Include the 200x sword?

Also, by "most" do you think that ONLY means SDCC King Greyskull? or do you think characters like Tri-klops and webstor - minor characters being made in much bigger production numbers to all previous figures - won't see a re-release because so many are being produced for their initial run?
    How would this affect the collector market for those figures?
    I don't think we'll ever see a rerelease of Zodac or Stratos and I do have my doubts about Beastman.

As for King Grayskull, I'm thinking most people would just be happy if they changed him and reissued one that had both feet attatched.

I'm pretty sure beastman will get a re-release. Remember, he was originally the main villain. He's very much in demand and Matty will know that. And I'm expecting stratos will too. If only because those figures were produced in such smaller numbers to the others.
    The only reason I can think to NOT reissue Stratos would be if they were planning on the reverse colours stratos as a bonus figure (would that make stratos the rarest figure in the entire line???)

I could understand Zodac not getting a re-release. He was made in double the numbers to the aforementioned figures, and sold out much slower. And with Zodak on the way, he seems unlikely to sell very well (that said, I bought Zodac on ebay as soon as i saw Zodak at SDCC, solely because I want to have ALL the cosmic enforcers now and not be missing Zodac from He-Ro's posse)
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    As for King Grayskull, I'm thinking most people would just be happy if they changed him and reissued one that had both feet attatched.
    Right leg! Give me one with the right leg still attached!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

When I read "MOST" I actually thought they were referring to KG as being one that wouldn't be re-released and I certainly hope that is not the case

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    When I read "MOST" I actually thought they were referring to KG as being one that wouldn't be re-released and I certainly hope that is not the case
    the thing is, matty KNOWS that King Grayskull is easily the 3rd most wanted for a re-release (following He-man and then skelly and beastman at 4th IMO). pretty much everyone needs him. To the point he's an unreleased figure almost.
    It would be a very good move on Matty's part to reissue him right after He-man and skelly.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

it would be interesting to make a list of all those who do not own the Big KG

I don't own him - and can't/wont at the price he currently fetches so a re-issue of this guy will be most welcome. Matty could buy some quick fan-points by announcing for sure that KG will be out again in the new year.

the thing is, matty KNOWS that King Grayskull is easily the 3rd most wanted for a re-release (following He-man and then skelly and beastman at 4th IMO). pretty much everyone needs him. To the point he's an unreleased figure almost.
    It would be a very good move on Matty's part to reissue him right after He-man and skelly.
    You just mentioned all the figures I need to complete my collection. Those four re-released is money in the bank for Mattel

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    I would love to see a re-release of King Grayskull... I was actually at San Diego last year, but work obligations kept me busy the entire Con, so no Grayskull for me.

There seems to be some division amongst the fans here as to whether he will be re-released, some saying that Mattel has stated absolutely he will, others, like me, noticing that the current language employed by Mattel seems to imply he will not be.

Does anyone have a link to a concrete statement from Mattel about KG's re-release?

I collect out of interest rather than monetary value, like most here, and would love to put Grayskull in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post
    I don't own him - and can't/wont at the price he currently fetches so a re-issue of this guy will be most welcome. Matty could buy some quick fan-points by announcing for sure that KG will be out again in the new year.

Agree. Whenever reissues are mentioned in any thread here there is a constant "I NEED KG!!!!!" in so many replies. He wasn't offered internationally, so unless they paid premium ebay prices, international fans didn't even get a chance to buy him when he WAS up on Matty (and that's for those that even knew about the line at that point in the first place).

I can't help thinking KG will be sold with Hordak's reissue.

I wonder if he-ro will ever get a reissue 18 months from now or if the ppl that miss out today will never get another chance outside of ebay? He IS a bonus figure afterall....
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

I kinda hope they don't rel-release him but that's jut my thoughts. If they did, hopefully they'd change him up some.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

KG is the only figure that I am missing...I want him to be re-released so bad b/c I dont want to pay over $100 for him.

I would love a King Greyskull re-release as he is the only figure so far I dont have (fingers crossed on He-ro) and I have never seen him on ebay uk except the bronze one so if he ever was on there im sure he would cost a bomb.

Heroic Warrior
    KG, Faker, Stratos, Hordak.... These are what I need.

I think they will all be rereleased since the production numbers have jumped so much since the line started. Add the fact that the more they make the faster they sell out... and apparently there are new people joining up all the time.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm really hoping Mattel is going to re-release King Grayskull.
    Having him in a regulair packaging will be a must buy for all MOSC collectors, and I'm sure if he has the updated plastic (which I'm sure he will have), lots of loose collectors will prefer him as well because the 1st release has lots of problems like broken feet for instance.
    He'll be almost treated like a new figure to buy for most and will surely be a hit!

I don't even have a King Grayskull myself, and I'd love to buy a re-release!!! I didn't buy the original because of all the factory errors and the high price tag on the after market ($120+).
    I sincerely hope he's going to be the same as the 1st release or perhaps will have some slight modifications.
    I would very much dislike a re-paint like a battle damaged version, and refuse to buy such a repaint
    My MYP 200x BattleCat needs his King Grayskull!

Regarding He-Man and Skeletor, Hopefully Mattel knows just how popular the original He-Man and Skeletor really are!

There are a lot of casual collectors who have no interest in the MOTUC line at all, but they do want the original MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor figures.
    Because of this, they should at least release double the production amount!

Even to this day, there are also collectors who are still unaware of the new MOTUC line. When they do get aware, most of them ONLY want to start collecting if they can get the main Hero and Villain; He-Man and Skeletor!
    So I think it is a great idea to have an overstock of these 2 figures for new and casual collectors.

I have the 1st release He-Man and Skeletor myself.
    I sold my extra MOSC He-Man because I kinda wanted more out of the package, and since he is made in a small quantity, I wanted to make a new collector happy with it!

I'm planning to buy at least 2 or 3 of the He-Man re-releases (1 or 2 extra out of the package, and 1 mosc) and 1 or 2 more Skeletors!

I'm sure many collectors still need Beast Man as well!
    He wouldn't be a bad idea for a re-release either.

On the other hand, re-releasing Zodac would be an extremely bad idea.
    Most people seem to dislike him and even BBTS still has him in stock!

I have a King Grayskull, but all you have to do is look at eBay where he's selling for $100+ to see that there's more demand for him. I hope that Mattel will offer him again soon, even if slightly changed, so those who missed out can add him to their collection.

I really don`t want him reissued, I`ve had my 2 KG`s(regular and bronze) since the beginning, if they re release it it takes away from the entire reason alot of us spent money out the butt to get one, and even if they change it and re release it, it`s just more money I have to spend. Yes the exclusive thing isn`t fair to some, but re releaseing King Grayskull just takes away from everyone of us who have him already. I`d perfer him NOT re released. Same thing with He Ro, he should have been just a SDCC exclusive, i would have gladly paid ebay prices as long it was SDCC only, releasing him on Matty just takes away from anyone who got the sdcc version. I HATE EXCLUSIVES!!!

I have a Grayskull, but I'd be tempted to get another one to open.
    I'm generally an loose collecter, but I never got around to opening KG, or any of my MOTCU figures, for that matter, because I was in the process of moving. Twice.

I'll eventually open the rest of the crew, but that Grayskull box is just so NICE.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I really don`t want him reissued, I`ve had my 2 KG`s(regular and bronze) since the beginning, if they re release it it takes away from the entire reason alot of us spent money out the butt to get one, and even if they change it and re release it, it`s just more money I have to spend. Yes the exclusive thing isn`t fair to some, but re releaseing King Grayskull just takes away from everyone of us who have him already. I`d perfer him NOT re released. Same thing with He Ro, he should have been just a SDCC exclusive, i would have gladly paid ebay prices as long it was SDCC only, releasing him on Matty just takes away from anyone who got the sdcc version. I HATE EXCLUSIVES!!!
    I think this attitude is extreamly selfish. Mattel didn't force you to pay over $100 on ebay for the SDCC figure. You, and every other person bidding on it made it worth that. Matty charged $30. if I had paid $30 on matty I wouldn't feel ripped off at a re-release for $20 on standard card. Just like he-man, the original version will always be worth more. And a standard release of King Grayskull would most likely INCREASE the value of the bronze SDCC one for those ppl that only care about how much money their collection is worth...

And if Matty DID re-release King Grayksull, you wouldn't at all be FORCED by Matty to buy another one. No one is holding a gun to your head. Buy the toys you want and enjoy them. If you feel FORCED to buy things you don't want then you can't be enjoying your hobby very much and surely are just wasting your hard earned money.

Such complaints should only be made by people that only buy the line because they want to make a profit off it by taking advantage of fan's desperation for a full set. It's sad that the fans themselves have the exact same mentality about something like this

Mattel should be being PRAISED for making this line available to so many fans around the world. I think it's disgusting that fans would rather deny fellow fans that pleasure for the sake of nothing more than money.
    This is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby ffs
    Last edited by Fneh; August 3, 2009 at 11:14am.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Well, there is a subtle difference in the SDCC He-Ro and the Matty version (the sticker), A new KG will at least be in new packaging... this should satisfy the collector in you, they are, technically, different figures.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

I think this attitude is extreamly slefish. Mattel didn't force you to pay over $100 on ebay for the SDCC figure. You, and every other person bidding on it made it worth that. Matty charged $30. if I had paid $30 on matty I wouldn't feel ripped off at a re-release for $20 on standard card. Just like he-man, the original version will always be worth more. And a standard release of King Grayskull would most likely INCREASE the value of the bronze SDCC one for those ppl that only care about how much money their collection is worth...

Mattel should be being PRAISED for making this line available to so many fans around the world. I think it's disgusting that fans would rather deny fellow fans that pleasure for the sake of nothing more than money.
    This is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby ffs
    This.

Also, I bought a KG off ebay and won't feel that anything will be "taken away" from me if they re-release him.

They stated that if King Grayskul gets a second release it will be in regular card.
    I hope he gets re-released itīs not fair that a lot of collectors donīt get him just because of a "geographic disadvantage".

For me your reasons for not wanting him re-released are just plain selfish reasons, if you already have the spectacular sound & light effects Sdcc King Grayskull, you donīt need to buy this one! Sometimes people just need to let it go, if you dont really want the re-released version you donīt have to buy it.
    Just let those who donīt have any fill that holes in their collections.

I want a King Grayskull and I want it bad! I hope that they re-release him, and the sooner the better.
    so that I can have my classics collection complete.
    Im sorry if i donīt have 150$ to spend on a single action figure, this way I hope every fan get what they want.
    I want these toys to enjoy them, not for their commercial value neither for telling people I have something they donīt have.
    Last edited by mistaloko; August 3, 2009 at 11:30am.

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly, I'll never understand the attitude that re-releasing figures takes anything away from those who bought them, for whatever price they chose to pay, first time around. All it does is gives those who missed out, for whatever reason, the same chance to enjoy those characters as part of their collections. And I say this as someone who has every MOTUC apart from Grayskull, and who had to pay a premium myself in order to get Faker into my collection.

And you know why I paid Ebay prices for Faker? So I could enjoy owning him as a part of my collection, which is, after all, the whole point. If he gets re-released at a cost that is certainly less than what I paid some time down the line, so what? It doesn't take anything away from the enjoyment that I got out of owning him for all that time already, or my continued enjoyment in owning the figure, regardless of how much it may have happened to personally cost me dollars wise to do so. So yeah, like I said, I just don't get that particular attitude, especially amongst fellow collectors and fans. Thats just me though...
    Last edited by Sledge Hammer!; August 3, 2009 at 11:28am.