Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull re-release discussion

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope he actually has the ponytail this time instead of hair that just randomly ends.

It didn't really matter on the first release since his cape couldn't come off...but it will look very odd on this release if his hair is that way.

Other than that, I would be fine if he looked 100% the same (and I own him and the bronze version).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I don't understand why they are making removable heads. Is it only so the armor can be removed?

Other than replacing young with moustache Man-At-Arms, hairy with helmet Teela and original vs cardback Mer-Man, I cannot grasp the need to replace heads.
    well, for instance, if you're not an "orthodox" collector, you can swap battle armor he-man head with young man-at-arms head and pretend that he's an all new character...just my opinion, of course.

i love the pop off heads but i love to custom my toys

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    As long as they fix his 'Possessed' Up staring Eyes!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    I really do hope that they reissue him with the snake armor deco:

What do you guys think?

They can include an extra He-Man's head in the package so that it will take care of releasing Snake Amor He-Man as well? (killing 2 stone with one bird)....

TOYGURU....SCOTT.....I hope that you are out there listening!!
    Last edited by the.overlord; April 24, 2010 at 08:39pm.
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Quote Originally Posted by the.overlord View Post
    I really do hope that they reissue him with the snake armor deco:

What do you guys think?

They can include an extra He-Man's head in the package so that it will take care of releasing Snake Amor He-Man as well? (killing 2 stone with one bird)....

TOYGURU....SCOTT.....I hope that you are out there listening!!

I would have to disagree with this thought. Personally, the original release would be adequate for me, as most collectors would agree. I could be wrong, but wouldn't that version be a variant of King Grayskull(Battle Armor He-man) ?

It will be a waste if he isn't reissued with the same deco he sported first time around....
    Last edited by Reaping; April 24, 2010 at 08:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'd really hate to see King Grayskull's re-release turn into a brand new variant release.
    That'll be severely disappointing to me because it doesn't count as a re-release at all!
    No snake armor King Grayskull for me.

I'd like to see him with the addition of the:
    - 200X Sword
    - 200X Shield
    - 200X Axe
    - A new vest with the Iron Cross.

I would also be ok if King Grayskull is being re-released with the same, smaller base body as He-Man.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I agree. I own the standard SDCC version but I really look forward to this next KG to be quite similar all around. My hopes?

-same basic parts
    -better eyes
    -MUCH BETTER ANKLES!!! (Mine broke at the right ankle...)
    -removable head
    -removable cape, armor
    -no 200X weapons (it wouldn't make sense in the Bio-Canon, at least not the sword)
    -fixed hair
    -and if Mattel wanted to pack in The Oracle, I'd be OK with that!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I'd really hate to see King Grayskull's re-release turn into a brand new variant release.
    That'll be severely disappointing to me because it doesn't count as a re-release at all!
    No snake armor King Grayskull for me.
    AGREED! A snake armor version is welcome, but not in place of a badly wanted reissue. I'll settle for fixing the bad ankles, and losing the electronic packaging to make it different from the SDCC version.

Boy....don't everyone jump on me all at once. My favorite 200X figure was Snake Armor He-Man and I've always wanted a SA King Grayskull. I guess I'm in the minority. Oh well! I guess it's a matter of taste!

Besides, didn't TG say that the reissue be different anyways? I already have both versions of the SDCC KG so a reissue of the same thing would not be too welcome here......but it would be good for all those who did miss out!

Just my 2 cents.....don't everyone kill me!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

I don't think anyone meant to jump on your back; I agree that a Snake Armor version of King Grayskull would be a welcome addition later on in the line! I think it would be interesting, especially since that exemplifies Grayskull harnessing the Power of the Sword of He (manifesting armor as Adam does).

I just think that most people will want the next release to be similar to the first in most respects due to the exclusivity of the SDCC version. I understand that changes will be made though, so I'm curious to see what they'll be...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

You also assume since you have the original KG, everyone must have as well.

GET HIM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I don't think anyone meant to jump on your back; I agree that a Snake Armor version of King Grayskull would be a welcome addition later on in the line! I think it would be interesting, especially since that exemplifies Grayskull harnessing the Power of the Sword of He (manifesting armor as Adam does).

I just think that most people will want the next release to be similar to the first in most respects due to the exclusivity of the SDCC version. I understand that changes will be made though, so I'm curious to see what they'll be...
    THX Uki! My sentiments.....exactly!

In my experience it was harder to get many of the new figures compared to KG! But obviously with his current price being so sky high, I don't blame folks for wanting a reissue.
    Classics Collector!!

My trader review:

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    The re-release will be Smash-Blade King Grayskull!!!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I hope the re-issue isn't the same exact figure b/c it will take away from the sdcc exclusiveness. A few changes would be great for the KG re-issue like they did w/ the original he-man & skeletor re-issues.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    I hope the re-issue isn't the same exact figure b/c it will take away from the sdcc exclusiveness. A few changes would be great for the KG re-issue like they did w/ the original he-man & skeletor re-issues.

=)
    In order to make them different, this release they are going to add Red around his eyes

What I would EXPECT is... Removeable head, Removable armor, new packaging. PROBABLY the 200x sword, though that will tick me off... I want another gray one for Adam

Really that is more than enough to differentiate 1st and 2nd releases...

Personally, I'd like them to change his head... Don't know why, but I REALLY hate the deadpan expression on the original's face... makes him look slow witted or something.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I would also be ok if King Grayskull is being re-released with the same, smaller base body as He-Man.
    They have the same base body. The only difference in the main sculpt/buck is that the top of KG's boots are a little bigger than He-Man's (and thus the rest of the figures that use them). Otherwise they're the same basic body/arms/legs.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Here’s my mock up for how I’d like King Grayskull to look. The changes are rather subtle but effective.

Changes:

Tri-Klops left forearm with matching bracelets
    Circles on belt and bracelets painted gold
    Breastplate painted gold
    Loin cloth and boots cast in brown plastic (no hint of red)

I also hope that they use the He-Man boots to keep him in scale with the rest of the MOTUC figures.

Attached Images Attached Images

All I care about with Grayskull is that I hope they fix the head issue! I hate that the head is so far down on the next that it makes his chin huge and that he has no neck. And that is without the cape on!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

The current boots make him in scale. No need to replace them.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i would love a scale KG but that isn't gonna happen either, the mock up w/ the few subtle changes is very good & i would be happy w/ that and the removable, armor, head & cape too boot!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Hope the re issue wouldn't make the SDCC figure look bad, a little less flashy and suttle
    Ebay username gikadarle
    yojoe forum username kadarle
    fwoosh username mumbaki

i would like to see kg's hair on he-mans face. i just watched the 200x episode and their faces are pretty much spot on.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

i woould buy any version of KG they make, especially the snake armor! bring it on mattel

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    We've always stated that King Grayskull would be a redeco only (and the new deco is not that different, just minor changes). The only "new" part is one new accessory. It is really about getting him out there for fans that missed out on the original release without too many changes.