Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull re-release discussion

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I have no doubts that every figure will be rereleased at some point. No reason to think not. KG will most likely be released in a standard packaging & hopefully all the QC problems fixed.

anyone who's against rereasing figures is selfish imo. Not everyone can make the SDCC & whatnot. Why would any fan want their fellow fans to be denied? makes no sense to me, except for selfishness & fear of your 'exclusive' losing value. If you only collect to make a huge profit at the expense of a fellow fan, then you're not really a fan imo.

the rereleases take NOTHING away from the first release. it's not as if all those are going to magically vanish as soon as the figure is rereleased.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    I think this attitude is extreamly selfish. Mattel didn't force you to pay over $100 on ebay for the SDCC figure. You, and every other person bidding on it made it worth that. Matty charged $30. if I had paid $30 on matty I wouldn't feel ripped off at a re-release for $20 on standard card. Just like he-man, the original version will always be worth more. And a standard release of King Grayskull would most likely INCREASE the value of the bronze SDCC one for those ppl that only care about how much money their collection is worth...

And if Matty DID re-release King Grayksull, you wouldn't at all be FORCED by Matty to buy another one. No one is holding a gun to your head. Buy the toys you want and enjoy them. If you feel FORCED to buy things you don't want then you can't be enjoying your hobby very much and surely are just wasting your hard earned money.

Such complaints should only be made by people that only buy the line because they want to make a profit off it by taking advantage of fan's desperation for a full set. It's sad that the fans themselves have the exact same mentality about something like this

Mattel should be being PRAISED for making this line available to so many fans around the world. I think it's disgusting that fans would rather deny fellow fans that pleasure for the sake of nothing more than money.
    This is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby ffs

And since when is there something wrong with being selfish? People are selfish every day. It really is human nature. Maybe not the best part of it but part of it nonetheless. We all have things, whether we admit or not, that we are selfish about. The selfish argument holds no water because altruism doesn't hold sway in all of us all the time.
    Last edited by Oceanwalker; August 3, 2009 at 02:00pm.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    They stated that if King Grayskul gets a second release it will be in regular card.
    I hope he gets re-released itīs not fair that a lot of collectors donīt get him just because of a "geographic disadvantage".

For me your reasons for not wanting him re-released are just plain selfish reasons, if you already have the spectacular sound & light effects Sdcc King Grayskull, you donīt need to buy this one! Sometimes people just need to let it go, if you dont really want the re-released version you donīt have to buy it.
    Just let those who donīt have any fill that holes in their collections.

I want a King Grayskull and I want it bad! I hope that they re-release him, and the sooner the better.
    so that I can have my classics collection complete.
    Im sorry if i donīt have 150$ to spend on a single action figure, this way I hope every fan get what they want.
    I want these toys to enjoy them, not for their commercial value neither for telling people I have something they donīt have.
    So those of us who already have and NO holes in our collections what so ever have to now buy re releases to keep or collections COMPLETE? It has nothing to do with greed, I think it`s the other way around, the greedy ones want him re released without thinking about those of who already have him, and those of who paid re seller prices to get one. Maybe I don`t want to spend extra money on a re release, but that again leaves my collection incomplete. I`m greedy? I have more money to spend on MOTUC than most people, my fund is around $1000 right now, so it has nothing to do with greed, it has to do with keeping a special exclusive exactly that and not having the centre piece of MOTUC re released. If you want a KG, buy it from ebay like most of here did due to him selling out. When he is re released I think he should be exactly like the SDCC version but without the lights and sound, that way he is different from our light up version but the same enough for completionists not to have re buy him, and he could be shipped anywhere that allows cardboard and plastic into their countries. I`m not trying to step on anyones toes here, but there are a ton of us who already have him. Mattel is making this really hard for completionists with re releases and bonus figures. Is it so hard to make a re release the same enough as the last one that completionists don`t have to re buy? If they changed the package enough for the re releases I wouldn`t bank on getting them anyways because completionists like myself will have them sold out again. Just my thoughts on the situation. For the record, IMO KG should have had his re release before ZodaK!! I don`t want to deny anyone a figure I just don`t want to have to buy the same figure again.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    When he is re released I think he should be exactly like the SDCC version but without the lights and sound, that way he is different from our light up version but the same enough for completionists not to have re buy him.

Thats exactly what Im all for when it comes to the re-release of King Grayskull! The same exact figure as the SDCC one.
    I dont know where youīve read in my post that I want him with lights and sounds...
    And no I will buy mine from Matty instead of ebay!
    Thanks
    Last edited by mistaloko; August 3, 2009 at 01:10pm.

I don`t want to deny anyone a figure I just don`t want to have to buy the same figure again.
    then simply don't buy him again if he's reissued. Everyone's happy.
    You CHOOSE to be a completist. If you truely enjoy the line like you should then if they did reissue him and improved the currently flawed version surely you'd be happy with that?? And you could have KG on display with your MOC figures that all fit in together because he'd have a matching card. Your all singing all dancing SDCC KG will still be worth a fortune and you HAVE THE OPTION to add another awesome item to your collection. We all know KG would look all kinds of awesome carded along side his buddy He-Ro

And for the record; I really wish the SDCC HE-Ro came in the castle packaging again as well as having the chest sticker. It would make it more exciting compared to just a sticker that you can't even see unless you open him. Let the matty.com ones come on the same cards and the con exclusives come in the fancy boxes. What's not to love?

(I wouldn't ever get the con one anyways, but i think having the con ones all in a uniformed packaging to point out they're special would be a really good idea on Matty's part. Even if the con ones all cost $30. I really think it'd be great for collectors. Maybe even put an extra weapon in the con version's box too. Like the con He-Ro could have all 3 stones in the box)
    Last edited by Fneh; August 3, 2009 at 01:17pm.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    Thats exactly what Im all for when it comes to the re-release of King Grayskull! The same exact figure as the SDCC one.
    I dont know where youīve read in my post that I want him with lights and sounds...
    And no I will buy mine from Matty instead of ebay!
    Thanks
    It wasn`t your post, I was just going on what i believe to be the general consensus of the board.
    then simply don't buy him again if he's reissued. Everyone's happy.
    You CHOOSE to be a completist. If you truely enjoy the line like you should then if they did reissue him and improved the currently flawed version surely you'd be happy with that?? And you could have KG on display with your MOC figures that all fit in together because he'd have a matching card. Your all singing all dancing SDCC KG will still be worth a fortune and you HAVE THE OPTION to add another awesome item to your collection. We all know KG would look all kinds of awesome carded along side his buddy He-Ro

And for the record; I really wish the SDCC HE-Ro came in the castle packaging again as well as having the chest sticker. It would make it more exciting compared to just a sticker that you can't even see unless you open him. Let the matty.com ones come on the same cards and the con exclusives come in the fancy boxes. What's not to love?

(I wouldn't ever get the con one anyways, but i think having the con ones all in a uniformed packaging to point out they're special would be a really good idea on Matty's part. Even if the con ones all cost $30. I really think it'd be great for collectors. Maybe even put an extra weapon in the con version's box too. Like the con He-Ro could have all 3 stones in the box)
    In all honesty you make a fair point, but I`ll always see it money needlessly spent on a re release If He Ro did come in a castle package that would be cool, I`d perfer if He Ro was released in a White Grayskull box, that would have been awsome!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    And since when is there something wriog with being selfish? People are selfish every day. It really is human nature. Maybe not the best part of it but part of it nonetheless. We all have things, whether we admit or not, that we are selfish about. The selfish argument holds no water because altruism doesn't hold sway in all of us all the time.
    Apparently you have no problem being selfish. I guess if you can't figure out what's wrong with it, you never will & no explanation will ever do. wanting to have things & being selfish are two diff things. It's not 'human nature', maybe for some people, but i know some very un-selfish people who would give their all for others and would be more than happy to see others getting what they want so they're happy as well.

So those of us who already have and NO holes in our collections what so ever have to now buy re releases to keep or collections COMPLETE? It has nothing to do with greed, I think it`s the other way around, the greedy ones want him re released without thinking about those of who already have him, and those of who paid re seller prices to get one. Maybe I don`t want to spend extra money on a re release, but that again leaves my collection incomplete. I`m greedy? I have more money to spend on MOTUC than most people, my fund is around $1000 right now, so it has nothing to do with greed, it has to do with keeping a special exclusive exactly that and not having the centre piece of MOTUC re released. If you want a KG, buy it from ebay like most of here did due to him selling out. When he is re released I think he should be exactly like the SDCC version but without the lights and sound, that way he is different from our light up version but the same enough for completionists not to have re buy him, and he could be shipped anywhere that allows cardboard and plastic into their countries. I`m not trying to step on anyones toes here, but there are a ton of us who already have him. Mattel is making this really hard for completionists with re releases and bonus figures. Is it so hard to make a re release the same enough as the last one that completionists don`t have to re buy? If they changed the package enough for the re releases I wouldn`t bank on getting them anyways because completionists like myself will have them sold out again. Just my thoughts on the situation. For the record, IMO KG should have had his re release before ZodaK!! I don`t want to deny anyone a figure I just don`t want to have to buy the same figure again.
    Uhh.... sorry, but 'completionists' bring it on themselves. Why would anyone need to buy the same figure twice anyway? If you already have KG, then why worry about, much less even care if he gets released again.

Obviously KG won't be rereleased in the same packaging as the first release with the lights & sounds. That was a one time only. So your 'special exclusive' will still be just that.
    Nobody is 'forcing' you to buy any rereleases, so i guess I don't see what the tizzy fit is all about.
    Yeah, I agree that the figure itself should be the same as the first release (without the QC issues).
    Again, if you already have a KG, then what's all the fuss about if he gets rereleased? Who cares, other than those who don't have him? the whole point of rerelases is so those who missed out the first time can now get them. i see no cause for alarm over that.

It's not going to affect your collection, or mine, one damn bit. If you already have every figure, then I'd say that your collection is complete. Unless you're so nitpicky that you have to have every variation of every figure in every type of packaging. I'd call that an obsession though.

As for telling everyone to buy him on ebay like you did...maybe not everyone has the budget you have, or maybe they don't want to spend $100+ on a $20 item. that would be sheer stupidity imo.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I don't think we'll ever see a rerelease of Zodac or Stratos and I do have my doubts about Beastman.

As for King Grayskull, I'm thinking most people would just be happy if they changed him and reissued one that had both feet attatched.
    Nice!!!!

Yeah, I don't see where a repack is a figure you "have to buy". Sure if you would like to have every package variation or whatever, you might think you have to do it, but I don't see it that way. Any collector would go broke trying to get every variation. I mean where does it stop? Some figures have a slight change in the paint apps, so do you have to have those too? I wouldn't.

I think the re-release is a good thing and should help people not have to turn to ebay. It's Mattel's product and if they were smart businee people, they'd try and keep people coming back to them to buy their item and not force people to trun to ebay. With the repacks, that's what's happening. I know I didn't get any of the figures I missed from ebay and wouldn't. Just like if they re-release a figure I already have, I won't buy that either.

It has nothing to do with greed, I think it`s the other way around, the greedy ones want him re released without thinking about those of who already have him, and those of who paid re seller prices to get one.
    What?

And I paid reseller prices and did so of my own free will. If they re-release him, and the action figure is improved, then I already made my choice and I will suck it up. Because he just stands on a shelf anyway. Everyone should have an opportunity to own a KG.
    Maybe you should consider not being a 'completionist' if it's such a headache for you?

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    Yeah, I don't see where a repack is a figure you "have to buy". Sure if you would like to have every package variation or whatever, you might think you have to do it, but I don't see it that way. Any collector would go broke trying to get every variation. I mean where does it stop? Some figures have a slight change in the paint apps, so do you have to have those too? I wouldn't.

I think the re-release is a good thing and should help people not have to turn to ebay. It's Mattel's product and if they were smart businee people, they'd try and keep people coming back to them to buy their item and not force people to trun to ebay. With the repacks, that's what's happening. I know I didn't get any of the figures I missed from ebay and wouldn't. Just like if they re-release a figure I already have, I won't buy that either.
    I won`t go broke I can guaruntee that! I`ll buy everything that varies, a complete collection can only be achieved by getting everything! I could buy the next year of MOTUC right now, but that`s besides the point. Different people collect differently. I have a loose display of figures that I want and I have a MOC collection that will 110% complete. I just hate buying things that I already have, I shouldn`t have to change how I like to collect. As I said in my other post, they can re release him exactly the way he was released the first time minus the electronics and I`m happy, your happy and Johnny, Mikey, and Suzy are happy because everyone got what they wanted. See it CAN work, and the cardboard Castle is probably cheaper to manufacture than a plastic bubble so , Mattel wins in a way too. I don`t care about value of said figures either as I don`t plan on selling at this point or ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    What?

And I paid reseller prices and did so of my own free will. If they re-release him, and the action figure is improved, then I already made my choice and I will suck it up. Because he just stands on a shelf anyway. Everyone should have an opportunity to own a KG.
    Maybe you should consider not being a 'completionist' if it's such a headache for you?
    As I said theres a way to re release him where everyone is happy, I souldn`t have to change the way I collect!
    Last edited by adam03; August 3, 2009 at 02:40pm.

Court Magician
    the more the better. i have a boxed KG, but a carded one would be great.
    im a completist, as long as something is different, ill grab it

collecting is fun, so more items to collect is more fun imo.

im glad eBay exists, i have found so many MOTU treasures there

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Strikes me as ironic that folks see Zodac as a slow seller; did he even last a week?

Point is, Mattel needs to keep the older characters flowing if they want the line to survive. There are people who've posted today that He-Ro is their first MOTUC purchase; they missed a bunch of figures, and knowing you may never have a chance at getting those without paying ridiculous prices on e-bay could well scare off new collectors.

Re-releases need to be a consistent presence in the line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I need a King Grayskull figure! I convinced myself he doesn't "really" exist since it was a SDCC exclusive...

but since I got my He-Ro today... I'd like a grayskull!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Apparently you have no problem being selfish. I guess if you can't figure out what's wrong with it, you never will & no explanation will ever do. wanting to have things & being selfish are two diff things. It's not 'human nature', maybe for some people, but i know some very un-selfish people who would give their all for others and would be more than happy to see others getting what they want so they're happy as well.

Uhh.... sorry, but 'completionists' bring it on themselves. Why would anyone need to buy the same figure twice anyway? If you already have KG, then why worry about, much less even care if he gets released again.

Obviously KG won't be rereleased in the same packaging as the first release with the lights & sounds. That was a one time only. So your 'special exclusive' will still be just that.
    Nobody is 'forcing' you to buy any rereleases, so i guess I don't see what the tizzy fit is all about.
    Yeah, I agree that the figure itself should be the same as the first release (without the QC issues).
    Again, if you already have a KG, then what's all the fuss about if he gets rereleased? Who cares, other than those who don't have him? the whole point of rerelases is so those who missed out the first time can now get them. i see no cause for alarm over that.

It's not going to affect your collection, or mine, one damn bit. If you already have every figure, then I'd say that your collection is complete. Unless you're so nitpicky that you have to have every variation of every figure in every type of packaging. I'd call that an obsession though.

As for telling everyone to buy him on ebay like you did...maybe not everyone has the budget you have, or maybe they don't want to spend $100+ on a $20 item. that would be sheer stupidity imo.
    OK you got me I`m obsessed!! I actually have both KG versions, I`m not saying to not re release it or deny anyone a figure, I`m more saying the same thing with the rereleases of the sold out figures, If theres too much change I`ll buy them all again, which leaves the people who didn`t get them the first time round not much room as I`m sure it`ll be a smaller run than the first ones. I`m guessing a sellout on all re releases within an hour or so if theres alot of change to the packaging. I think the re releases should be almost exactly the same as the last one, add a sticker and completionists won`t re buy. KG could be re released in the exact same box with no electronics I wouldn`t buy it again, but if they put him in regular packaging, I`ll get 2 and so will most other completionists. That`s the price of having an obsession I guess

I want King Grayskull to be re-released, so I can fix that hole in my MOTUC character collection.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Warrior
    Missed out on KG. I had the chance to buy him online actually, but I was under the impression that my friend who went to SDCC was going to pick one up, but I never heard back from her until she was back at work the day after and she couldn't grab most of the exclusives. So I really want a KG for when they do the Snake Men

I think his delay on a rerelease is because of his cape. It isn't removable like the rest of the figures in the line so it would likely need some retooling to get it to fit properly. I'm guessing. I have a King Greyskull that I bought off Ebay right after the 08 con for $50 plus shipping. It is the only figure I bought off ebay and while i like that its value has gone up I think he should be rereleased for all those who would like one in there collection.

Is it just me or is there more interest in getting King Grayskull since reading He-Ro and Hordak's bios?

Originally I just wanted to pretend he didn't exist because he takes so much from He-Man. But Thanks to He-Ro I'm really desperate to get him
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:

Heroic Warrior
    I think this attitude is extreamly selfish. Mattel didn't force you to pay over $100 on ebay for the SDCC figure. You, and every other person bidding on it made it worth that. Matty charged $30. if I had paid $30 on matty I wouldn't feel ripped off at a re-release for $20 on standard card. Just like he-man, the original version will always be worth more. And a standard release of King Grayskull would most likely INCREASE the value of the bronze SDCC one for those ppl that only care about how much money their collection is worth...

And if Matty DID re-release King Grayksull, you wouldn't at all be FORCED by Matty to buy another one. No one is holding a gun to your head. Buy the toys you want and enjoy them. If you feel FORCED to buy things you don't want then you can't be enjoying your hobby very much and surely are just wasting your hard earned money.

Such complaints should only be made by people that only buy the line because they want to make a profit off it by taking advantage of fan's desperation for a full set. It's sad that the fans themselves have the exact same mentality about something like this

Mattel should be being PRAISED for making this line available to so many fans around the world. I think it's disgusting that fans would rather deny fellow fans that pleasure for the sake of nothing more than money.
    This is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby ffs

dood, i have to agree 'not wanting KGS" to get a release is kinda selfish...

im not trying to attack u (I paid 220$ for all 3 of mine about 2 weeks after the con) 2 reg 1 bronze all mint boxes and perfect parts

But why wouldn't someone want to have KGS reissued? so that others can share in the glory that is one of the best MOTU CHARACTERS TO DATE....

I would be happy to see other fans get him for 20$ in a different packaging than the one I paid $$ for..

It would be really epic on mattels part to offer him with some type of new variantion (no more bronze though) Only 'regular edition' with diff paint apps ala batman from DC CLASSICS line... looks exactly the same but just 'cleaner' of modified apps (never seen them side by side but looks normal to me)

sure my figs might be worth less, but i really don't care because the fact that other fans would be happy that they got a formerly unavailable figure to add to thier universe would be more than compensation for me

I put my self in thier shoes, how would I feel if I 'didn't have KGS" and couldn't or didn't want to have to pay a over price amount for something...

Anyone who says "well screw the people who didn't get them' is really being unfair.. I wonder if they feel the same way about not having the art book? since 95% of fans missed out on it

"you didn't go to sdcc, and I did so sorry sucks for you will never get one"

the art books and KGS are the same thing to me, a peice of motu memorabilia that highly wanted and would easily make mattel a guaranteed boat load of money all they have to do is make more

kinda like with gleek... (still can't believe that one!)

I am interested to see who the most wanted re-release is so I posted a poll here

Confirmed by Toy Guru !!!

We will re-release King Grayskull down the road, but not in the SDCC package and likely with some small changes (such as making his head removable and updating some decos or accessories) as well as adding a new bio so he can have a single card release and blend with the rest of the line.

TG
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&postcount=91

This is great news for those of you who missed out, so don't go to eBay and overpay, unless you really want the Grayskull box.

Matty states recently on Facebook that he will be reissued but not any time soon. I have no problem having him be reissued. I was lucky enough to get him last year on the Matty website for 30.00. I think that every collection should have one I don't think that it's anyone's problem that people have resorted to ebay and paid the 100.00 plus for him. I would've just waited for the rerelease.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I want KG regular colors on the standard card no change to bio and NO statue repaint. I missed him the first time and wanted to get him, but over time I have grown to love the current packing and think KG's cardboard Grayskull is just a cheap knockoff of the real thing. I want a real castle too, made seperate down the road of course.

I do want to see one Repaint of KG, The Spirit of Grayskull clear blue. Do like they did last time, make only two, auction them off for charity again in standard packaging. He could help something like "Make A Wish Foundation".
    Last edited by griffen112182; August 30, 2009 at 05:28am.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

so excited about this. I just hope he's sooner rather than later. he really is no different to a normal monthly release to so many of us.

I hope he comes with the 200x sword with a different colour trim
    NO He-man axe (or repaint it at least)
    spare harness with no cloak attached
    the castle grayskull axe would be an AMAZING addition (he had to use something before he was given the sword of He, and I hate the idea he used the same axe He-man used. It just implies He-Man is cosplaying his great great grandfather...)
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist: