Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull re-release discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    so excited about this. I just hope he's sooner rather than later. he really is no different to a normal monthly release to so many of us.

I hope he comes with the 200x sword with a different colour trim
    NO He-man axe (or repaint it at least)
    spare harness with no cloak attached
    the castle grayskull axe would be an AMAZING addition (he had to use something before he was given the sword of He, and I hate the idea he used the same axe He-man used. It just implies He-Man is cosplaying his great great grandfather...)
    I agree with everything you said

such as making his head removable
    Wait, what?

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    King Grayskull will most likely be released in 2010,
    because He-Man is set for November and Skeletor for December.

I'd love to see a few changes in the accessories as well.
    But as long as King Grayskull will be a regulair version I'm happy.
    I'd hate to see a battle damaged variant which was mentioned before.

I just hope that in the month that King Grayskull will be re-released, we won´t be getting any bonus figure, 3 figures is a lot of money at the same time

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm thrilled to hear Grayskull will be re-released. I just started collecting these figures and paying $150+ for him is pretty crazy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I was hoping he'd be one of the rerelease announcements and I hope they put him in the same packaging as the standard line so we can display him and actually see him. Who knows though ...
    that would be cool as I dont want to open up my drawbridge to take a look at him and make wear to the box.. so took lots of photos instead

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Personally, when they do re-release KG I would like him to be either in his bronze statue form or in his ghostly spirit form. I think he looks too much like He-Man to effectively be a separate character. That way he can be immortalized in his failed mission to rid evil from Eternia.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quoting TG regarding differences between the SDCC King Grayskull and the Re-Issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    All of the characters who get re-released will have the same burst. Our goal is to make as few (if any) changes for the re-release. For He-Man and Skeletor there were minor tweaks we wanted to do to make them closer to the way the Horsemen intended.

He-Man: Red lightened around eyes, shoulders corrected, gloss reduced.

Skeletor: Right hand corrected, a few minor tweaks to the face deco, Demo-Man added to the bio. (now that it cleared copyright, that is what kept it off the card in the first place)

Hopefully most figures won't need any corrections and the only change will be the addition of the "The Original" burst.

We will re-release King Grayskull down the road, but not in the SDCC package and likely with some small changes (such as making his head removable and updating some decos or accessories) as well as adding a new bio so he can have a single card release and blend with the rest of the line.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Quoting TG regarding differences between the SDCC King Grayskull and the Re-Issue:
    As nice as Grayskull's packaging was I'd be perfectly fine if he came in the standard packaging. Dude's getting opened up either way.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait for them to re-release Grayskull. I have 2, but I fear for the ankles on the one I opened. Even if that wasn't the case, he looks great, and is a must have for anyone's MOTUC collection. Everyone should get a second chance to own him, regardless of his SDCC status. Honestly, I think he will be better the second time around as they do some tweaking to the mold and accessories.

Hopefully the re-release will be March or April.

Since there is a bonus figure or re-release scheduled for every month up until March (Not counting Wun-Dar) I think that March or April would make the most sense.

Either way I am eagerly awaiting his re-release as I too cannot justify $100+ for the SDCC version right now.

I am very curious as to what the re-release production quantities are going to be? If they plan to have enough to keep these available for longer than an hour or so that would be great.

Hopefully there will be enough to stick around for a few weeks or months even for some of the new folks jumping into the line recently.

If I miss out on the re-releases then I will be campaining for the re-re-releases

So excited to know King Grayskull is coming soon.

I am also looking forward to getting the fixed He-Man. If he was fixed from the beginning then I would've been collecting this line from the beginning. It was the red eyes that stopped me

Its not MOTU without He-Man and Skeletor

Yeah, I definitely want one and I'll go for the new packaging. I got my statue variant that was signed for a steal off of Ebay. I just want one that's loose. This would be the first MOTUC figure I buy singularly.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar

King Grayskull re-issue

Hey guys. As you all know, King Grayskull will eventually (I'm waiting with baited breath) be re-released. Do you think they'll re-issue the Bronze variant of Grayskull? Do you think it'll be released as a bonus??

I really hope so. I don't want to be jipped on it. I would actually buy 2 of them so I could display one on a nice bronze base to look very statuesque.

I dont think the Bronze version will be re-issued
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    The bronze is one of the very very few things that I don't think should be re-released...

No I wouldn`t want the bronze version re released, after bronze KG was released there was a poll where fans voted on no more chase variants and i still feel this way

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Hey guys. As you all know, King Grayskull will eventually (I'm waiting with baited breath) be re-released. Do you think they'll re-issue the Bronze variant of Grayskull? Do you think it'll be released as a bonus??

I really hope so. I don't want to be jipped on it. I would actually buy 2 of them so I could display one on a nice bronze base to look very statuesque.
    I asked about that in WTFWTK 2.24 and it was chosen to be answered.

So whenever WTFWTK 2.24 comes out we'll get an answer

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

Cool. I hope we get a "real" answer.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I want a KG but I really don't want a Bronze version

I think the Bronze version should be kept as the SDCC only version

i don't think we need the Bronze version to be re-issued now the blue one that we NEED!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i don't think we need the Bronze version to be re-issued now the blue one that we NEED!
    Ummmmm No, we don`t! It was made for charity, lets leave it that way

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    The bronze is one of the very very few things that I don't think should be re-released...
    I Agree that was kind of the excitement of the SDCC. Besides I have one already I wouldn't mind a regular one!

I know that I'd prefer both versions of him to be re-released. I imagine that for some collectors, the idea of having a bronze version means you would have one cool artifact lurking around a Castle Grayskull interior...!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I want both version re-released. Since the voice of the people cried for "no more chase varients!" Let's make it official then. Release the bronze statue GS as a bonus figure and take away the chase from the varient.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post

Good man! I expect the answer will be no release on the bronze version. Though, I completely disagree if that is the case!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!