Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull re-release discussion

Yes please re-issue King Grayskull

Yes, yes, and YES!!

Definitely a re-release for KG!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

I'll buy one. I don't care how he's packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy Black Guy View Post
    Yes please re-issue King Grayskull
    Yes, yes, and YES!!

Definitely a re-release for KG!!

I've got my King Grayskull from SDCC, but yup, re-release him for people who didn't get one. Identical figure & accessories, but put him on a standard card.

A re-release takes away absolutely nothing from us folks who already have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    Ok. I know Matty has said that KG will get a re-issue. But he's the only one that says NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Does this just mean because that item is the SDCC one in the fancy box?
    Or will KG be changed? I heard his cloak couldn't be removed. Maybe change that? Include the 200x sword?

Also, by "most" do you think that ONLY means SDCC King Greyskull? or do you think characters like Tri-klops and webstor - minor characters being made in much bigger production numbers to all previous figures - won't see a re-release because so many are being produced for their initial run?
    How would this affect the collector market for those figures?
    The reason KG says "No longer available" is because when we reissue him (yes I said "when') he will be on a standard blister with minor tweaks - fixed shoulders, removable head, removable armor/cape, looser plastic on loincloth, fixed crotch piece and the weapons may be changed slightly. The deluxe talking box is what is no longer available. He is slotted in for a re-release, but we're not ready to say when!

TG

Cant wait for King Greyskulls return, he is the only figure I dont have so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post

A re-release takes away absolutely nothing from us folks who already have one.
    Except the hundreds of dollars some spent on him, when they could have waitied and got him for $20 I spent $60 plus shipping on Matty and got 1 of each but alot of others weren`t so lucky and did pay over $100 for their Grayskull`s

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Except the hundreds of dollars some spent on him, when they could have waitied and got him for $20 I spent $60 plus shipping on Matty and got 1 of each but alot of others weren`t so lucky and did pay over $100 for their Grayskull`s
    And this is why when we re-issue him he will have a different (standard card) package without lights and sounds, slightly different weapons and some paint changes (no it won't be "Battle Damage" or something like that). We do want to get KG out again, but in a way that won't take away from the original release. We are being very aware of all of the emotions on both sides of the aisle on this issue, so his re-release is being handled with care.

TG

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I'd like the chance to get a Grayskull, and truthfully I'd prefer him without the lights and bells and whistles. A nice normal figure to add to my He-Men through the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The reason KG says "No longer available" is because when we reissue him (yes I said "when') he will be on a standard blister with minor tweaks - fixed shoulders, removable head, removable armor/cape, looser plastic on loincloth, fixed crotch piece and the weapons may be changed slightly. The deluxe talking box is what is no longer available. He is slotted in for a re-release, but we're not ready to say when!

TG
    That's great news, thanks Toyguru. All those changes are ones i've been hoping for.

I'd also suggest changing the chest logo from the 200X "*" to a classic cross like He-Man has. It would be a good way to differentiate between the two versions of KG.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    That's great news, thanks Toyguru. All those changes are ones i've been hoping for.

I'd also suggest changing the chest logo from the 200X "*" to a classic cross like He-Man has. It would be a good way to differentiate between the two versions of KG.
    A cool idea but we won't be changing the sculpt, just some deco changes and accessory pack ins.

Would there be a Spirit Grayskull release in the future?

Thanks for all the info., Toyguru.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

A cool idea but we won't be changing the sculpt, just some deco changes and accessory pack ins.

I can't say this enough: drop the Axe and shield and give him a grey stinkor shield (like the one that came with castle grayskull. He IS king GRAYSKULL afterall. It'd be awesome if the shield we all had as kids turned out to be a relic from the time of KG)

and a thousand thank yous on not changing the sculpt. Hoping the armour will be removable this time.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

That's okay, I can always swap the harness for the one the Goddess comes with.

New/different accessories? I wonder what those could be.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait for a re-release of King Grayskull. It is the only figure of the line that I am missing (due to the price and the packaging not being the same as the other figures). It sounds like he may be coming out soon. Hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    Hoping the armour will be removable this time.
    removable armor/cape,
    TG said the armor and cape would be removable.... this is a plus.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Fantastic news, TG!

Thanks very much
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Thanks ToyGuru! And don't forget to toss us a Spirit version down the road as well!

And accept my friendship request!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Thanks ToyGuru! And don't forget to toss us a Spirit version down the road as well!
    Quoted for TRUTH!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Was his cape and armor not removable before?

Then again, they say Hordak's cape is removable, but it isn't... UNless there is some special secret way of removing it that I do not know about.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Pop of Hordak's head and the cape and cowl come right off. No problem-these things are designed to have their heads taken off if you want to. That was one reason He-Man and Beast-Man were slightly delayed. King Grayskull's armor and cape wouldn't come off (unless you wanted to destroy your toy, that is...).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I don't understand why they are making removable heads. Is it only so the armor can be removed?

Other than replacing young with moustache Man-At-Arms, hairy with helmet Teela and original vs cardback Mer-Man, I cannot grasp the need to replace heads.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    It's part of the line's modular philosphy. The torso and ball-joint on the head are standardized. So if even one figure was going to have a swappable head, all the figures need to have one.

And yes, while some figures have armor that needs a head to hold it down and others have alternate heads, there are a few that don't benefit from the feature. But they certainly don't *suffer* because of it, so why stress it?