Thread: Shipping MOTUC Castle Grayskull - how much does it weigh?

Shipping MOTUC Castle Grayskull - how much does it weigh?

Fellow He-Fans,

I'm shipping my cousin a boxed MOTUC Castle Grayskull from NY to Washington State. I don't have a scale at home. Has anyone shipped one and could tell me what the weight of a MOTUC Castle is (with a shipper box either the one it comes with or any other that will hold it)?

I figured someone on the forum must have shipped one at one point. An exact weight would be great so I can print out postage from home!

Thanks!!!!

if you still have it in the shipper box your best bet is to take it to the post office and weigh it on their scale since sounds like you don't have one. use the self serve machines so you don't have to stand in long lines so you get the most accurate weight and then i would ship fedex for the cheapest rate probably.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Yes, thank you I get "how to weight a castle". What I am asking is if anyone already knows the weight so I can avoid doing what you described and print out postage from home.

Anyone?

the time you've spent waiting you could have gone and weighed it yourself with the most accurate weight. ha!
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by sirmorgan View Post
    Yes, thank you I get "how to weight a castle". What I am asking is if anyone already knows the weight so I can avoid doing what you described and print out postage from home.

Anyone?
    Hey, you don't need to be rude, the guy was just trying to help. If you have a bathroom scale, weigh yourself, then hold the box and weigh yourself and the box subtract the 2. Do it two more times with other people, average the weight. Add 1/2 a pound then round up to the nearest pound.

I've done that many times for large items and I've only over paid one time.

Or you can wait to see if someone else wants to answer you and risk getting a rude comment like you gave to Spikor1982.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Hey, you don't need to be rude, the guy was just trying to help. If you have a bathroom scale, weigh yourself, then hold the box and weigh yourself and the box subtract the 2. Do it two more times with other people, average the weight. Add 1/2 a pound then round up to the nearest pound.

I've done that many times for large items and I've only over paid one time.

Or you can wait to see if someone else wants to answer you and risk getting a rude comment like you gave to Spikor1982.
    Actually I think the first answer was a little counter productive. Your answer was way better.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

23.32 LBS.

For future reference always check BigBadToyStore. A long as they still have the item listed they always provide the weight at the bottom of the description. It's really handy for Ebay sellers.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...95&mode=retail

A less convenient way is to drive it over to a Post Office and use the scale on the automated machines as if you were going to ship it then abort the process as soon as it give you the weight, down to the ozs. I realize with this item that may not be practical with this item, but for most items in this line, or any line it's doable. And it looks like someone beat me to that idea.

Sorry I only saw your thread now or I would have posted sooner. Hope it was helpful.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; June 2, 2016 at 10:28pm.

Thank you! This was incredibly helpful and the BBTS tip is great to know. Most appreciate your help. Happy Power Con weekend.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Before I got a postal scale, I just grabbed a normal br scale. Weigh yourself holding box, not holding box and subtract. Not a perfect solution, but usually pretty close (if weighed at same time). Measure all the sides (pay close attention to the weight by dimensions). Used to get a great rate with Fed-ex or UPS, but now it's about even with Priority.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • Daily Specials: #24Tuesday • Org member discount • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest