Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Appears On "Whispers In The Woods" Podcast

Scott Appears On "Whispers In The Woods" Podcast

Tons of subjects are discussed, like Meteorbs, what may potentially happen in 2016 etc.

http://yourlisten.com/Realmers/whisp...c-special-2014
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

if you have listened to this, please post any pertinent new information

(i hate podcasts and will rarely sit through them, this one particularly)

Ugh, had to create an account to listen- laborious. Oh well, thanks for posting this-- Listening now.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Can't get it to play from my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Ugh, had to create an account to listen- laborious. Oh well, thanks for posting this-- Listening now.
    The player automatically loads for me, not sure why you had to sign up.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

mine as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

It played fine for me,didn't even have to sign up.Pretty good conversation with Scott!

It played automatically for me too, though the audio was really quiet, even with everything turned all the way up. Pretty good stuff though! I hadn't ever heard of this one. It's so exciting to think about the vintage line being wrapped up, and I really do think there will be something in the same vein as Classics (albeit different packaging etc) once the line closes. It'll be the end of an era, but I think Matty knows that if they make 'em, we'll buy more. Really excited to find out what the "surprises" are this year. Thanks for the heads-up on the podcast!
    Wes

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    please post any pertinent new information
    No awesome info.

2016 might continue 6" figures, might switch things up. Scooter likes the idea of changing up the hard to get A-list figures (Teela, etc) enough to sell again and attract new and old costumers. The package will stop, but that's the only thing certain. Gives an example of keeping the minis going and no 6". It's brought up that they have a library of buck parts and noted that they should use. He says he'd love to see more figures, but can't really comment.

He hammers that vintage outsells everything and the fact that they are all about to be made is a looming factor they need to consider.

He doesn't understand people wanting to "show him" what's on their mind by not subbing. Says it hurts everybody, and this is the only outlet for MOTU and adult collectables from Mattel.

If there is a 2016 ~something~, look for that news in Feb 2015 Toy Fair.

Meteorbs aren't "out" of 2014/2015, but he's just not commenting.

When asked what his one obscure figure he'd like to include for 2016, he replied Songster. Ouch.

There could be an add-on in 2015, but it's not necessarily 200X.

Anything they have on the table was decided in 2012/2013, and they can't react in real time to current fan demands like BS Hordak. Says we should have spoke up then.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; July 3, 2014 at 02:28pm.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It started up immediately for me too. Listening now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    No awesome info.

2016 might continue 6" figures, might switch things up. Scooter likes the idea of changing up the hard to get A-list figures (Teela, etc) enough to sell again and attract new and old costumers.
    Woo-hoo!
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Vintage sells the best...even with obscure Vintage like Extendar beating really popular Filmation characters like Scorpia.

Club Etheria was a way to release the least popular POP characters, while Club Eternia has the more popular characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Well, he's confirmed that BS Hordak isn't going to be anything special or unexpected.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Vintage sells the best...even with obscure Vintage like Extendar beating really popular Filmation characters like Scorpia.

Club Etheria was a way to release the least popular POP characters, while Club Eternia has the more popular characters.
    It was also stated that Club Etheria was for characters that specifically appeal to POP fans and he mentions Madame Razz as an example. So Club Etheria was for the less popular POP characters like Double Trouble and POP fan demanded characters like Razz.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Well, he's confirmed that BS Hordak isn't going to be anything special or unexpected.
    I wouldn't jump to that, yet. That's what Toyguru is saying for now....but let's hold back our disappointment til the Hordak variant is actually revealed; and no, I don't know anything more than anyone else does.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I wouldn't jump to that, yet. That's what Toyguru is saying for now....but let's hold back our disappointment til the Hordak variant is actually revealed; and no, I don't know anything more than anyone else does.
    I don't know. It seemed clear to me...

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    When asked what his one obscure figure he'd like to include for 2016, he replied Songster. Ouch.
    I am not always in agreement with Mattel on some of the non-traditional characters, but I would like to see Songster made! I know it's a goofy character, but, he just needs a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    or, like with Filmation Hordak, we can have reasonable expectations and hopes -- only to have them completely dashed by the haphazard Mattel way!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I am not always in agreement with Mattel on some of the non-traditional characters, but I would like to see Songster made! I know it's a goofy character, but, he just needs a figure.
    Yes he does. And the Meteorbs too.

Thanks for sharing that!

Sounds like some Meteorbs are coming in 2015. He sounds excited about re-releasing 2.0 versions of A-list figures in 2016.

If 2016 Classics-styled figures come with only one accessory, Mattel could still offer weapon packs for fans willing to pony up extra money for those extra accessories right? We've already received unique sculpted accessories in previous packs, and the primary reason why the packs were retired was to ensure the vintage figures could all be made.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does Mattel already have much of its 2016 plans hammered out already, given the ~2 year period between concept and release of the MOTU toys? As I recall, Val (JVS3) at He-Man.org was requested to complete his big fan poll in the time frame he did, because the company would need the input in time to help plan its potential 2016 MOTU toy releases.

Like Flutterina....? Hmm...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I love the revolving door on what the benchmark is for sales. When convenient, it is subs. Gotta hit that minimum, THAT is what matters. DOS is just extra, icing on the cake. Except, you know, when it is not, and Vintage MOTU is totally better because it sells faster DOS.

Or maybe, just maybe, most POP fans sub. And maybe, just maybe, more and more MOTU fans sit out of the sub and just buy what they want. Nah that couldn't be it .

As for Buzzsaw Hordak, at one point and time I could have sword that Scott was saying that vintage MOTU variants were not a sure thing. I really don't feel like researching it, but my memory is that when the roadmap was revised it was presented as complete MOTU and POP, with MOTU variants possibly not being made and POP variants most likely not, and A list NA, 200X, etc. So I wonder if many of us were just under the assumption that Buzzsaw Hordak may not be made in favor of a unique character being made, or even so that someone like Ninjor could be.

Besides, since Scott checks out all of the fan polls and lists, enough to have seen that Nepthu was fan demanded, I would think it would be easy to see the lack of much excitement for Buzz Saw Hordak.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I love the revolving door on what the benchmark is for sales. When convenient, it is subs. Gotta hit that minimum, THAT is what matters. DOS is just extra, icing on the cake. Except, you know, when it is not, and Vintage MOTU is totally better because it sells faster DOS.

Or maybe, just maybe, most POP fans sub. And maybe, just maybe, more and more MOTU fans sit out of the sub and just buy what they want. Nah that couldn't be it .

As for Buzzsaw Hordak, at one point and time I could have sword that Scott was saying that vintage MOTU variants were not a sure thing. I really don't feel like researching it, but my memory is that when the roadmap was revised it was presented as complete MOTU and POP, with MOTU variants possibly not being made and POP variants most likely not, and A list NA, 200X, etc. So I wonder if many of us were just under the assumption that Buzzsaw Hordak may not be made in favor of a unique character being made, or even so that someone like Ninjor could be.

Besides, since Scott checks out all of the fan polls and lists, enough to have seen that Nepthu was fan demanded, I would think it would be easy to see the lack of much excitement for Buzz Saw Hordak.
    I think he was just exaggerating when he said DOS was the "icing." They need those sales. They're factored in. But they also need guaranteed sub sales. It's not really a contradiction, just him being a little too excited when describing how much more important sub sales were than DOS.

BS Hordak is a waste, but he's coming. It is what it is. But promises and polls aside, it falls 100% on him if he doesn't find anything new or exciting to do with him. If it's just another cheap repaint, none of these excuses are really enough to justify that.

Given that everything that isn't evergreen sells out, what does it mean to say something sells "better"?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Given that everything that isn't evergreen sells out, what does it mean to say something sells "better"?
    Well, a lot of stuff only pretends to sell out. For the life of me, I don't see why they don't just leave it all available for a week, a month, whatever it takes to sell.