Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Pack Horde Trooper - at Mattel shop - credit card declines & other issues

Single Pack Horde Trooper - at Mattel shop - credit card declines & other issues

UPDATE April 26:
    Mattel has let He-Man.Org know that the single-carded MOTUC Horde Trooper will on sale soon at the Shop Mattel website. Possibly as early as this coming Monday, May 1st!

------------------------

I thought this was cancelled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of-t...16.m2516.l5255

I'm sure it will be sold very quickly, but it was very odd seeing this come up on my searches.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    If that is legit, and one of a kind, then it might be the most valuable collectible in the line!

Already sold, or the listing was pulled down.

I kept some pictures.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Maybe is coming from super7 as part of the second wave of collectors choice and someone got a very early copy. China sold carded figures left and right before Mattel announced them in our subs stuff was snuck out of the factory all the time.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if this came from the Mattel outlet or something?

I remember in the good ol' days of the line when new figures would leak on EBay from China before Matty announced them.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

The person selling it seems to live near the outlet store in Cali. I am betting the are starting to see them in the outlet store. By the pics they are official Mattycollector products with the Mattle logo on the package. No bio , just pics of other figures on the back of the card.

Now we need to see if they are going to flood the outlet stores with these and those left over Rotons.
    Last edited by T-man; April 7, 2017 at 06:41pm.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Maybe is coming from super7 as part of the second wave of collectors choice and someone got a very early copy. China sold carded figures left and right before Mattel announced them in our subs stuff was snuck out of the factory all the time.
    That would be awesome. Single Horde Troopers would be great, but I wonder if that is something they would really want to put into next wave. The waves are all-in or all-out, and people may want more than one trooper. I still hope they get around to a Filmation Trooper as well.

Speaking of MOTUC figure out of China, I saw a crazy one on Ebay the other day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/She-Ra-He-Ma...1%26rkt%3D1%26

She has a different colored head piece, and a painted version of Teela's sword and shield. Makes me wonder where she came from.

Update: I actually just looked at the seller's page. He has a few interesting MOTUC figures that are an odd combo of assembled parts. Like a King Grayskull with Faker's Armor and Thunder Punch He-Man's Sword.
    Last edited by ian_highful; April 7, 2017 at 04:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I thought this was cancelled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Masters-of-t...16.m2516.l5255

I'm sure it will be sold very quickly, but it was very odd seeing this come up on my searches.
    Well, dude now has another one listed for bid only at a higher starting price. Note that he has a ZERO feedback score. This may be legit, but I would be a bit leery.
    Last edited by Donimo; April 7, 2017 at 02:43am.

I smell a scam. No pictures of the bottom of the packaging (which is where I opened all of mine when I considered putting them back in for display at some time), and it's not very hard to make one's own printed inlays. All the reference material is there. Seller has zero feedback, and this is not up on the matty store/ebay page? Biding here in hopes of getting some rare item is asking to get burned. If however you feel that 75 bucks for another Hord Trooper to add to your force is a sensible price, you might get lucky, given that the seller will deliver at all.

Yeah, this is weird. I also have a feeling this will show up in Outlet stores.
    The DKC03 code on the figure is not used for any other Mattel product that I can see online.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

If it's legit, I suspect others will start to show up.

There were a few tiny things about the packaging that looked off, but otherwise it did look pretty legitimate.

I actually have a ton of horde troopers (mostly loose, acquired from various eBay auctions) so didn't really feel the need to leap on this, but it would be great if more troopers were available for everyone at some point.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

It feels very odd if they're going to dump a whole run of figures at the outlet shops. I'm happy with the three troopers I have, so I don't feel scorned here, but this is a case where I would certainly understand if others are upset.

Yeah, I don't understand why they wouldn't put them in their eBay shop with all the other overage.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

He has a new listing that you can see if you click on the old one
    *Please don't post active eBay links from sellers in the discussion forum*
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Wow, that's just very frustrating that these did end up getting made, but not released. So once again most people will be priced out of them.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    We need a Cali .orger to get to the Outlet Store and report back.

I hope they pop up on the Mattel site or their eBay page. Same with Roton and leftover Nightstalkers, etc.

If this seller got them from the outlet store, I imagine he got them all.

It is frustrating that Mattel continues to do its best to help secondary market people profit at their expense and at their customers'. I've never understood that about this line.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    This is beyond weird, but then again this is Mattel. If these really were made, which seems more and more likely now, why in the hell did they not sell them directly? Horde Troopers, as they had to know since they made more, are essentially a license to print money in this line.

This morning I saw a listing for an AFA graded MOSC Laser Light Skeletor for $28. Chinese seller, new account, no feedback. Highly suspect.

I'd see if anyone actually gets items in hand before we know for certain what's going on with these odd listings.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    This is beyond weird, but then again this is Mattel. If these really were made, which seems more and more likely now, why in the hell did they not sell them directly? Horde Troopers, as they had to know since they made more, are essentially a license to print money in this line.
    With all the other shipping delays they were having, I imagine that these came in too late to actually sell, probably arrived here after Mattycollector was shut down.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    With all the other shipping delays they were having, I imagine that these came in too late to actually sell, probably arrived here after Mattycollector was shut down.
    That's my suspicion as well. Makes the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Well, that will really suck if it only shows up in outlet stores, and probably makes it less likely Super7 will do a run One last screwover from Matty.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Well, that will really suck if it only shows up in outlet stores, and probably makes it less likely Super7 will do a run One last screwover from Matty.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I suspect you're right. And it's nice to get one last middle finger from them months after they were done with the line.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

I'm waiting for Filmation Troopers and feeling sad for those who wanted these.

I hate to say it, but I hope it's fake. If it's real, then S7 probably won't make them, and the scalpers will make them even more expensive than the two packs are. And since I don't have a single Horde Trooper, I'd be really frustrated by the probability of never being able to afford even one of them. Here I thought I was done being screwed by Matty.