Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC vs DCUC Bizarro vs Faker Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTUC vs DCUC Bizarro vs Faker Video Review by Pixel Dan

The last of the DC vs MOTU2-packs! Enjoy!!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Dangit... I want!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I didnt notice the belly armor thing until PD pointed it out. Now that I know it is there, it bothers me for some reason....

Regardless, I will try to pick up at least 2 of these packs when they are finally available.

Thanks for the review Dan!

Heroic Warrior
    gonna try to keep an eye open for this one, big fan of the DCUC vs MOTUC line so its a must for me

I must have BA Faker! Great review (as always) PD!

awesome as always. are you going to review the motu hot wheels, or is that not really your kind of thing?

nice review dan .. i'm not a fan of DC, but the BA faker is cool! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    So not worth $40+ tax/shipping but I still want this one more than the others that I don't have yet.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    All of the TRU repaints are lame and cheap. The best ones are Mer-Man and Stratos.

This should at least have the belly armor.

Skeletor was just a repainted face.

He-Man was just a simple repaint.

She-Ra is the same figure.

Zodac's "gloves" are just his fins repainted.

I don't own any of these. If there is to be a variant, at least make it worthwhile - i.e. tooling, etc.. Big difference in these and Prince Adam, Adora, Keldor, Goddess, BA Skeletor, BG Teela, BG Evil Lyn, etc.. I could see why someone would want Stratos (since they may prefer those colors - same reason for Mer-Man), but I just don't see the point. Cheap.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Edit: The one thing I like about this repaint of the armor is how much better the details (the skull and bone, especially) near the bottom can be seen.

DrPAYNE posted his he made some mods to (adding a touch of black and flattening the abs) in the custom figure forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    All of the TRU repaints are lame and cheap. The best ones are Mer-Man and Stratos.

I don't own any of these. If there is to be a variant, at least make it worthwhile - i.e. tooling, etc.. Big difference in these and Prince Adam, Adora, Keldor, Goddess, BA Skeletor, BG Teela, BG Evil Lyn, etc.. I could see why someone would want Stratos (since they may prefer those colors - same reason for Mer-Man), but I just don't see the point. Cheap.
    Skeletor's wasn't just a repainted face. The armor was different, too (and the version I prefer over the original).

(And while everyone seems to complain about Zodac's gloves, they were pointed like that in Filmation, not just round like the Hordak gloves.)
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Flat black lower ab piece would have been nice, but it doens't really take much away from the figure for me. I'll still get it when it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Edit: The one thing I like about this repaint of the armor is how much better the details (the skull and bone, especially) near the bottom can be seen.

DrPAYNE posted his he made some mods to (adding a touch of black and flattening the abs) in the custom figure forum here.

Skeletor's wasn't just a repainted face. The armor was different, too (and the version I prefer over the original).

(And while everyone seems to complain about Zodac's gloves, they were pointed like that in Filmation, not just round like the Hordak gloves.)
    He had two white fins on each arm in Filmation? I learn something every day.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the review!!

so perhaps we can get it in like what the next 200 days? ffs.

Zodac has Human feet and He-Man has Symmetrical bracelets and highlights on his hair... Extremely different than their Matty versions... (In Mattel Speak...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Zodac has Human feet and He-Man has Symmetrical bracelets and highlights on his hair... Extremely different than their Matty versions... (In Mattel Speak...)
    Yes . . . extremely.

He had two white fins on each arm in Filmation? I learn something every day.
    No, but the gloves had pointed tips on them that looked like they were very obviously inspired by the fins.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Snappy Threader
    Cool review. I can't wait to get Battle Armor Faker.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the review Dan but it ended suddenly in a commercial. At least for me.

Bizarro looks ok. I want the B A Faker.

always great to see your reviews, dan.

it makes a bit sense to show his belly, since he has that control panel on his chest. but I guess no one will display him like that, specially not if they have the regular faker.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Thanks, PD. I was really looking forward to BA Faker but his blue belly sticking out from under the armor really bothers me - to the point where I don't think I will be purchasing the two pack. It's a shame really.

Most of these two packs always feel like an after thought. No smooth abs on Faker is a shame.

Smooth abs and an axe. That's the battle armor way.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Great review, Dan. Any idea as to when this 2 pack gonna be available?

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Smooth abs and an axe. That's the battle armor way.
    I couldn't agree more.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Dan, can you please post a pic of the original and TRU swords side by side. They look to be different shades of orange.

Not at all. I prefer the MerMan, Skeletor and Stratos all from the 2 packs. MerMan's colours Skeletor's purple are much better, Skeletor's face puts the original to shame, Stratos had moveable wings (and the reversed colours look better) and He-Man is a cool variation.

I'm glad that I was able to get this pack at the con - which almost didn't happen.

The Entertainment Earth booth got the Zodac & She-Ra packs instead. Apparently they scrambled and ended up getting the Faker packs from TRU before the end of the weekend.

I was glad up get Bizarro, because I didn't have him.

I like BA Faker. His hair is darker, which I didn't like, but the rest of the figure is done well.

The armor is visibly made of cheaper plastic than the BA Skeletor armor. It just looks less durable. But it's nice having him. Would I rather have had red Beast Man or Blonde Tiara Teela with a softer outfit? Yes. But he is cool.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.