Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demo-Man's head/Skeletor's staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    It's still great what you have done. Your pics are sweet to. I'm hoping they make demo man really evil looking, scare glow looks pretty evil, but I want demo man more demonic. Since this is an adult collector line, they should push the limits on an evil looking figure. Skeletor is pure evil so it only makes sense that demo man is just that!
    Hey thanks! I agree with you, more evil, more accessories, different and more paint apps, ...all that. But one thing I do like about the "simple head-swap" is that, well aside from sitting atop the neck look, the head doesn't look outta place and is a perfect match since it's the exact same color purple that's used on the rest of the figure. But yeah, even still, without any paint, the head ends up looking more like a prototype.
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Hey thanks! I agree with you, more evil, more accessories, different and more paint apps, ...all that. But one thing I do like about the "simple head-swap" is that, well aside from sitting atop the neck look, the head doesn't look outta place and is a perfect match since it's the exact same color purple that's used on the rest of the figure. But yeah, even still, without any paint, the head ends up looking more like a prototype.
    Also you just proved how easy a Keldor would be for Mattel to make!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures from me too! I wasn't sure of how the skull was attached to the staff, and I only have one Skeletor, so I didn't want to try taking it apart. After seeing your pictures though, I broke out the hair dryer and popped off the skull. I then quickly put the staff back together.

The heads and staff-skull don't have the same size of hole, otherwise I would try popping the skull onto Mer Man's body or Hordak's cowl to see how it would look.

The skull by itself may not be menacing, but now I'm imagining a demon with flesh and hair covering it. It could still work.

I might have to see if anything like this can be done with the 200x line.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryd8 View Post
    Thanks for the pictures from me too! I wasn't sure of how the skull was attached to the staff, and I only have one Skeletor, so I didn't want to try taking it apart. After seeing your pictures though, I broke out the hair dryer and popped off the skull. I then quickly put the staff back together.

The heads and staff-skull don't have the same size of hole, otherwise I would try popping the skull onto Mer Man's body or Hordak's cowl to see how it would look.

The skull by itself may not be menacing, but now I'm imagining a demon with flesh and hair covering it. It could still work.

I might have to see if anything like this can be done with the 200x line.
    Ask (...or just put the idea in my head...) and you shall receive!

– No comment.

[QUOTE=Neutro;2173294]Ask (...or just put the idea in my head...) and you shall receive!

I like it! Some minor modifications and it would be great. Kinda reminds me of Darkness from Legend.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

Interesting idea but…didn't Skeletor steal the Havok Staff from the Faceless One?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

That definitely has possibilities!!

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20..._ram_part2.htm

If you look to the far right, there´s some devilish looking guy running in front of Skelly. Potential Demo-Man?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Interesting idea but…didn't Skeletor steal the Havok Staff from the Faceless One?
    Thank you...Lol. I think it would make more sense if Scare Glow was Demo-Man just so they can play off that old "Evil Ghost of Skeletor" tagline. I mean, let's be honest. You take Keldor & Scare Glow and you put them in a blender and you get Skeletor. In the Search for Keldor mini-comic, Skeletor brought Scare Glow & Ninjor into his rank by pulling them in though "space & time". So, if Scare Glow was Demo-Man, it would mean Skeletor pulled him into his ranks by grabbing him from Despondos in time's past, before he was merged with Keldor. Now, mind you, I wouldn't want them to go that route, but if they did, I wouldn't be upset because it makes sense. And in the end of the day, I can accept SG as the "Ghost of Skeletor/Demo-Man of Keldor" before I accept Teela being a photocopy of the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    If this part of the 200X canon stays intact, then Keldor stole the Havac Staff from the Faceless One. Doesn't anyone remember that the outside of his sanctuary was a ram skull and that he owned the ram stone?
    Since the faceless one figure was announced (for 2011) I would this story line to stay intact.

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    I realize this flies in the face of the 200x series (and what most fans seem to want) where Keldor is some sort of blue hybrid eternian (Randor's half-brother), but I imagine that what we see of Skeletor is more Demo-man than Keldor... like they were merged together taking certain attributes from both, so that the blue skin, the skull, the talons... that is Demo-man (which leads back to Skeletor's "race" from the other dimension, from the mini's... they all looked like Skeletor). Keldor should be more like Randor and Adam, his closest male relatives, in appearance.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

Yeah back in the day, before MYP, i always assumed Keldor was a regular eternian who messed with the black arts and was changed by Hordak into the blue skull face we all love (I also assumed the inicial Infinita, now turned into Despondos origin was left out like many other details from the original concept).

As they merged both concepts in MotUC, I guess we should have a Demo-Man from Despondos, in blue skin (and not necessarily a skull face) merged with Keldor by Hordak, thus creating Skeletor as we know him (instead of having a dimension filled with creatures looking exactly like Skeletor). Even when I was writing my fan-fic a few years back, I had characters like Beast-Man or Clawful being from different planets and brought to Eternia (so they belonged to a race but still were unique in the planet), but Skeletor was always a unique creature in the universe. He is far too important to be just another one from a race of Skeletors.

I don't really like much the Ram head in Skeletor's body, and I hope the Demo-Man character is better than that. I'd rather have the Faceless One origin of the havok staff, which would also add more distinctive background to the character (his origin is related to Hordak, is staff comes from a totally different background). Skeletor's head on the Havok Staff is funny though!

Cool! It looks a bit like a Skelcon.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryd8 View Post
    I like it! Some minor modifications and it would be great. Kinda reminds me of Darkness from Legend.
    Yes it does.
    Yeah, and I was thinking if maybe the body/neck mold was cast in either black or nearly opaque but translucent smokey gray/black plastic, it could give the impression that his head merely floats unattached, like they showed Skeletor's floating hoodless-skull in MYP...or maybe just making his neck part like that as opposed to the entire body, which would attempt that same effect. ...many possibilities.
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    Hello everyone,

I saw this thread yesterday while waiting for my account here to be approved and whipped up a couple of quick photoshops to see what this would look like with a bigger head.

Here he is in the original blue:

Too much 7th kingdom for me.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Bowl-Cut Barbarian View Post
    Hello everyone,

I saw this thread yesterday while waiting for my account here to be approved and whipped up a couple of quick photoshops to see what this would look like with a bigger head.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u...ed/demoman.jpg

Here he is in the original blue:

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u.../demoman-1.jpg
    Cool! I like the re-coloring, but now the head seems slightly too big and he could use just a little more neck. Still nice work!
    – No comment.

No.

Saying that the Havoc Staff's head is "Demo-Man's" head totally kills the plot line that The Faceless One used to own the staff.

In the MYP series and MVC Comics, Evil-Lyn's background was developed SO well. The Ram is the symbol of her father's land on Eternia (Zalesia). Skeletor took the Havoc Staff from him!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I hope not. I like the Havoc Staff as a powerful magic ancient Eternian artifact that Keldor found/stole/inherited before he became Skeletor. I see it being older than King Grayskull or He-Ro's appearance on Eternia.
    I agree, though I'm fine with the staff not being quite that old. I want them to retain the links between the Havoc Staff and the Faceless One as shown in the MVC comics mostly.

I love the pic with Skeletors head on the staff. You should mount it outside castle grayskull so all evil doers will know that that is there fate if they try to invade the castle!

Oh, I like the idea of his staff being part of Demo man, but I think I would prefer a more demonic look. How about how the 4 horsemen were originally going to make scareglow? With a clear plastic figure with glow in the dark bones inside and a demonic style head.

Court Magician
    It's Goat Man from the old Golden Book "Secret of the Dragon's Egg"!

Do we know where the Faceless One got the staff to begin with.. if it even was his?

Perhaps to better connect them.. Demo-man may have taught the Faceless One all that he knows. Then one day.. they had a falling out.. a battle I guess of sorts.. the Faceless One challenged Demo-Man.. seized his "Havok" staff and banished Demo-Man to Despondos. While being sucked into Despondos, Demo-Man magically tore the face from the Faceless One.. taking it with him to Despondos in a last act of rage. That only assuming that the Faceless One had a face to begin with.. might be a way to explain how he lost it.?

Oh well.. just an idea.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i think the recolored pic is good, but he heeds some flesh and eyes on the skull. faceless one had a face in the mvc comics, so if they ever make him i want both heads! what if demo-man is the faceless one and thats why they made him that way as punishment?!?!?

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlor View Post
    Do we know where the Faceless One got the staff to begin with.. if it even was his?

Perhaps to better connect them.. Demo-man may have taught the Faceless One all that he knows. Then one day.. they had a falling out.. a battle I guess of sorts.. the Faceless One challenged Demo-Man.. seized his "Havok" staff and banished Demo-Man to Despondos. While being sucked into Despondos, Demo-Man magically tore the face from the Faceless One.. taking it with him to Despondos in a last act of rage. That only assuming that the Faceless One had a face to begin with.. might be a way to explain how he lost it.?

Oh well.. just an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    ...what if demo-man is the faceless one and thats why they made him that way as punishment?!?!?

=)
    I like these ideas! Allow me to expand...

What if The Faceless One was the first eternian, before Keldor, to be merged with the the extra-dimensional being Demo-man, which he ultimately agrees to, in exchange for some sort of ultimate power? But after the merging, the eternian later realized that the ultimate cost of that power was that Demo-man would eventually try to completely overtake his body, mind and soul, leaving him without any kind of resemblance to his former self...therefore he finds a way to un-merge himself with Demo-man, trapping him partially within the Havoc staff, and partially between the dimensions of life and death. Unfortunately, however, the resplitting of the two beings would also have it's repercussions upon the eternian, leaving him with his appearance forever changed, to become the now infamous "Faceless One."

Later, Demo-man gets a second chance at resurrection, by merging with Keldor. This time, the two beings are merged via help from Hordak, and with less resistance "after the fact" this time, from Demo-man's new host, Keldor. Now, as the newly unified being, now taking the name Skeletor, the Demo-man within leads his host, back to the Faceless One, to reclaim the rest of his former self, and power, residing forever trapped within the Havoc staff. This explains why Skeletor's power is multiplied when he possesses the staff.

As for the Ram stone? Well that particular relic, could simply be the only key to unlocking the part of Demo-man that was trapped within the Havoc Staff. And since the Ram stone eventually gets crushed to bits by He-Man, well, there seems to be little chance of Demo-man ever fully escaping his extra-dimensional prison, which includes being partially trapped in the living world, within the staff.

– No comment.

omg... marie ann from tru bloods true form!!!!!!

bro i love your idea..that would be so cool if some one did that....good looking out!