Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Mattel include She-Ra in Na?

NA Teela was blatently heavily influanced on She-Ra's design. As far as I am concerned, if Mattel release a cartoon accurate NA Teela, the second she is out of the package she will be NA She-Ra in my book!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

She-Ra going to Eternia in the interim has always seemed likely to me, but I like the idea of a She-Ra/NA repaint bonus figure...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I don't think I want to open the door to NA variants of the original cast, but I would love to get the NA Sorceress from the mini comics! I don't really need NA She-Ra, but if they think they can make that work, more power to them!

i DO love me some NA action but i don't think she-ra needs to be in NA.

they can have she-ra come in how she normally did and after the horde.skeletor and king hiss are defeated he-man goes to help flipshot and hydron.

however it doesn't actually need to be the future, just far off into space. the mutants could be an offshoot of the horde if they really really want but i'd like them as a separate threat from the horde, perhaps even rivals.

then have the story they planned for NA if it had continued. He-man comes back to find evil has won in his absence and have she-ra and teela leading a resistance.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

No! Keep it how it is with Hordak on etheria with she-ra!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Hmm. It was Hordak on Eternia with He-Man first though, and Hordak's bio seemed to follow that. Personally I'll be fine if Catra is once again She-Ra's main foe. I don't need any of them to get NA make-overs though.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sorry. The NA cartoon killed it for me. The figures in MOTUC will rock, but the cartoon left a "bad taste in my mouth" kind of feeling for me. I always felt She-Ra never got the recognition it should've, so it would be cool I guess.

King Randor should have invaded Etheria after Adora returned. Lets say that happens eventually, therefore driving out the Horde on Etheria, Fright Zone dissapears and Etheria is free. She-Ra goes home, He-Man goes to the future. She-Ra takes He-Man's place on eternia, has a new costume, and now has Battle Cat.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

A big component of NA for me, even though it never saw the light of day, was He-Man returning to Eternia and finding Man-At-Arms has turned dictator and is ruling after Randor.

If She-Ra is there in He-Man's absence, Eternia is the exact same place it was when he left, so I think she should remain on Etheria doing her own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think they should add the NA characters to the regular MOTU mythos. Make Flogg and the Mutants a fourth enemy for He-Man to fight. Doing it the other way around might be a stretch for some fans who don't want to see He-Man in space.
    NA isn't He-Man in space. He wasn't in a spacesuit floating around in orbit. He was on a planet not too dissimilar from Eternia.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    NA isn't He-Man in space. He wasn't in a spacesuit floating around in orbit. He was on a planet not too dissimilar from Eternia.
    I call NA "He-Man in space" because of the Star Wars vibe. NA took place in the Tri-Solar galaxy, not just Primus. He-Men went to other planets in the Starship Eternia or an Astrosub. The villains were off-planet. If He-Man didn't fight them on Primus (if they could get past the shield), he had to fight them on another world that they were menacing. He might not have been an outright spaceman, but the setting definitely has a sci-fi Star Wars vibe.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy an NA Battlecat, but it'd be interesting if they went with Battle Brak's idea and made a robotic Battle Cat for He-Man on Primus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Eh, the Spaceship Eternia playset suggests otherwise I think. There was a lot of action happening on alien planets, but it was a space age setting without a doubt. For me though, it should always be seen in the Flash Gordon/John Carter of Mars mold, which should always allow for people riding alien beast alongside sky sleds and what not (so not that different from old MOTU).

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I will plead apathy in this case.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

new stories and thoughts.

Since i have been a fan for so long, I think i fall in the catagory of heck yeah. lol. there are so many different things and different ways to include it, but if it makes sense, then why not? I am not a very big fan of NA, because i do not know that much about it, but I am eager to learn, and i definently like the idea of it!

I hope they make a NA he-man, blue pants, he-ro shins, with techsword, sheild and helmet! I cant wait to see what the 4H have to show us!

if it works, i am all for it!

A big fan of Slush Head
    All these ideas are basically to make NA more MOTU friendly. NA needs to have a stronger connection to MOTU.
    They tried with the first episode but it wasn't enough. They failed.

Maybe MOTUC will have something new on the table for this to happen.
    The Horsemen want to make this characters and I am sure they'll make them justice. Now the story needs to be strong as well.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Snake Armor She-ra!! It think that would be pretty cool.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    All these ideas are basically to make NA more MOTU friendly. NA needs to have a stronger connection to MOTU.
    They tried with the first episode but it wasn't enough. They failed.

Maybe MOTUC will have something new on the table for this to happen.
    The Horsemen want to make this characters and I am sure they'll make them justice. Now the story needs to be strong as well.
    Agree completely. We KNOW any MOTUC designed NA characters will LOOK great.. I am cautiously optimistic that their bios will also be very interesting .. it's the perfect opportunity to help tie them together more (I would like some "years later.. character x... did y..." kind of lines to close the gap! (at least as a good first step!)

I'd like a N/A She-ra, I would also like futuristic versions of Teela, Man at Arms, Sorceress & the evil warriors. You know Skeletor would pull lackeys Like Beast-Man, Evil-lyn & Trap-Jaw to the future with him.

I bought NA back in the day. One of the things I didn't like about NA was not enough ties to MotU. I would have been more on board if they would have released Sorceress right off.

So as unpopular as it might be I'd love to have NA original characters & some of the old MotU Gang redone NA in MotU Classics. I think the line will last long enough for them.

Just think how cool The FourHorsemen could make them!
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

And why not creating all the well known characters in a totally new NA design?
    What not a NA castle Grayskull?

lol

My answer will be the same as for Battle-cat and will be the same for all the other characters that would pretend to be converted to the NA universe : NO

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Agree completely. We KNOW any MOTUC designed NA characters will LOOK great.. I am cautiously optimistic that their bios will also be very interesting .. it's the perfect opportunity to help tie them together more (I would like some "years later.. character x... did y..." kind of lines to close the gap! (at least as a good first step!)
    Exactly! I'd love to see stuff like that in the Bios. I wonder if an NA bio made it into the 50 Bios already written.
    If so then Mattel probably already knows how to handle NA into the MOTUC storyline.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Imagine if He-Man was too busy, so Hydron and Flipshot flew the Eternia to Etheria and asked She-Ra to help out with the Mutants for a change?

"You'll get your very own translucent Sword of Protection!"

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Imagine if He-Man was too busy, so Hydron and Flipshot flew the Eternia to Etheria and asked She-Ra to help out with the Mutants for a change?

"You'll get your very own translucent Sword of Protection!"
    You see, I'd like to see something like that happening.
    I would also like to see the Horde getting involved at some point.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm going to have to say no. I like NA Season Two's plans:

He-Man returns to Eternia where Man-At-Arms has gone mad with power and has become and evil Tyrant, ruling Eternia. She-Ra, Teela and the Sorceress form a "rebellion" and are the only forces that stand between him and total planetary domination.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

No. She is needed in the past. With He-Man gone, she would be needed on Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm going to have to say no. I like NA Season Two's plans:

He-Man returns to Eternia where Man-At-Arms has gone mad with power and has become and evil Tyrant, ruling Eternia. She-Ra, Teela and the Sorceress form a "rebellion" and are the only forces that stand between him and total planetary domination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    No. She is needed in the past. With He-Man gone, she would be needed on Eternia.

The way things seem to be going, the MOTUC canon has the villains placed this way:

PRIMUS/DENEBRIA: Skeletor/Mutuants

ETERNIA: Evil-Lyn/Faker/Left-Over Snakemen/Left-Over Hordesmen

With Randor missing, we either need Adam or Adora to be the monarch...

Since Adam/He-Man is off fighting Skeletor, we need Adora/She-Ra defending Eternos as Queen Adora/She-Ra
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I like many of those idea's brian, but I would prefer it if Marlena could be ruling dowager queen in Randor's place. This would free Adora / She-Ra to focus on protecting Grayskull and fighting the remaining Evil Worrior's, Horde and Snakemen, rather than trying to govern Eternos all at the same time. Marlana has the back bone to do the job for sure and it would be great to see her take a more active role. With the king missing Eternos would need it's figure head more than ever and if that's Adora she would find it hard to just disapear off and become She-Ra at a moments notice to defend grayskull or high tale it to snake Mt etc to keep them bad boys in check.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!