Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: NA Battle Cat

  1. #1
    Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    3,079

    NA Battle Cat

    Someone posted a thread about putting She-Ra in NA, and I think everyone pretty much said no. But, I always did miss seeing Battle Cat in the New Adventures. Maybe they could release him in his 200X style armor, and give him a story for NA, that would explain the "techno" look of the armor. I'm all for more Battle Cat figures any way I can get them!

    Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

    Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Kinghsss456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    571
    For me Battle cat would not work in NA if they stay with its current story line with it mostly being in outerspace and not just in the future. I am sure they can make it work if Mattel and 4H if they really try.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Merman's Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    582
    I don't think it would work and here's why:

    If he's in the future, with all the futuristic methods of transportation (especially if they keep it in space), riding a tiger would not be the most efficient way for him to travel. By the time he got to his destination, no matter how fast Battle Cat could run, Skeletor would have already accomplished his goals.

    Just my two cents.
    Who has the Power?

  4. #4
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,755
    Battle Cat in NA wouldn't work. As the others have said, it's just not a logical fit. Shoving a character in where he/she makes no sense to be there just so one can get him/her is cheapening the character and their purpose.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  5. #5
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,718
    Future schmuture!

    I like the idea of NA Battle Cat, and you can just call the 200X Battle Cat NA Battle Cat!

    Seriously though, for me, He-Man is a rather vanilla lookin' hero. But he makes up for it when he's with Battle Cat.

    IMO, that's one of the many things wrong with NA and the '87 movie, NO BATTLECAT!

    He-Man and Battlecat are almost one entity to me. They belong together, Battlecat makes He-Man that much cooler than 90% of the other barbarians out there.

    Just my opinion mind you.

    I mean, what's the Lone Ranger without Silver?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  6. #6
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,554
    In a way, I could see the argument against BC in NA. In the Tri-Solar system, He-Man has Sagitar or a BolaJet if he needs to get somewhere quick on land.
    Given NA's various locales, Battle Cat isn't really needed, physically. BC can't run to Levitan or Mordor. Ship space would be wasted on him.

    I DO see a use for Battle Cat...dense areas like the Quagmi Swamp or the mines on Gorn City. Places where a vehicle wouldn't work.

    However, I would love to see an NA Battle Cat. Given that He-Man would have returned to Eternia in NA's second season, we probably would have seen it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Future schmuture!

    I like the idea of NA Battle Cat, and you can just call the 200X Battle Cat NA Battle Cat!

    Seriously though, for me, He-Man is a rather vanilla lookin' hero. But he makes up for it when he's with Battle Cat.

    IMO, that's one of the many things wrong with NA and the '87 movie, NO BATTLECAT!

    He-Man and Battlecat are almost one entity to me. They belong together, Battlecat makes He-Man that much cooler than 90% of the other barbarians out there.

    Just my opinion mind you.

    I mean, what's the Lone Ranger without Silver?
    Gotta agree. BC definitely adds something to He-Man that Sagitar doesn't.

  7. #7
    The Old Kosher Wizard Torvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My Secret Lair
    Posts
    765
    While Battlecat might have been a tough fit into the world of the future, I would have welcomed it. He was one of many things I missed in NA.

  8. #8
    Wasteland Wanderer Fneh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK, Preston
    Posts
    1,564
    If I was He-Man in the future, I'd still want to take my dog along. Even if he stayed at home most the time. So yes, I think he should've at least taken cringer with him and have the very occasional appearance of battle cat (not much of cringer but let it be known he's there)

    The 200x armour would be fine on him in this era I guess
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

  9. #9
    Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    3,079
    Nate, you put my thoughts into words exactly. And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks the 200X armor would make for a good NA Battle Cat.

    Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

    Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

  10. #10
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Future schmuture!

    I like the idea of NA Battle Cat, and you can just call the 200X Battle Cat NA Battle Cat!

    Seriously though, for me, He-Man is a rather vanilla lookin' hero. But he makes up for it when he's with Battle Cat.

    IMO, that's one of the many things wrong with NA and the '87 movie, NO BATTLECAT!

    He-Man and Battlecat are almost one entity to me. They belong together, Battlecat makes He-Man that much cooler than 90% of the other barbarians out there.

    Just my opinion mind you.

    I mean, what's the Lone Ranger without Silver?
    I agree with you 100% my friend. He-Man needs Battlecat to be complete.
    And I also like the use of the 200x design as an NA Battlecat.
    That would actually work nicely and would help set another 200x design into the MOTUC story.

    Isn't Battlecat He-Man's best friend? He should to go with him to the future.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Sgt. Slaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    783
    In NA Battle Cat should be a walking, talking cat in pants and a top hat.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

  12. #12
    MOTUC NUT!! LastEternian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    411
    No way! I hope that horrible show has no place in the MOTUC storyline. So naturally I'm not for having Battle Cat from that version. I say let NA stay buried in obscurity, and let Mattel stay with the original mythos. No reason to make that mistake again, IMO.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

    The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

    Faithful Member of Club Eternia

    http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

  13. #13
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,799
    I'm all for NA battlecat... but he can't just look like 200x battle cat cause i mean... thats 200x battle cat... then what do we use for that?

    For me NA battle cat has to have yellow semi see through armor instead of read and rockets attached that armor! :-)

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,806
    I don't like anything from NA... Saw one disk.. DONE.

    That said, the argument that in the future, Battle Cat is obsolete as transportation doesn't work for me. Techniquely he's obsolete in his PRESENT time. You have Jet sleds, Wind Raiders, Talon Fighters, Attack Tracks... What's the point of riding a tiger? Can it really run with 1-2 people on faster than a wind raider flys?

    How small is eternia that you can run/walk to wherever skeletor's up to trouble and still be in time to stop him?

    Just sayin'

    You don't ride a tiger for fast travel. You do it because you CAN! And you look cool doing it!

    Although I imagine that green tigers are extinct in the future, and if only He-man and Adam had one.... Could be awkward.

  15. #15
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,747
    I was one of the people who liked the idea of She-Ra in NA (although I prefer that she watch over Grayskull in HM's absense).

    That said, I LOVE the idea of using the 200X Battle Cat design for a NA BC! Just because BC doesn't "make sense" as transportation doesn't negate the logic of him tagging along on that jaunt into the future. He's not just transportation! He's a character in his own right.

    Imagine Battle Cat galloping through the halls of a mutant spaceship, swiping his massive armored paws at the likes of Optikk and SlushHead! I'm in!

    Do it, Mattel!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  16. #16
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post

    For me NA battle cat has to have yellow semi see through armor instead of read and rockets attached that armor! :-)
    Oooh that would be an awesome design for Battlecat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    He's not just transportation! He's a character in his own right.
    So very true!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Imagine Battle Cat galloping through the halls of a mutant spaceship, swiping his massive armored paws at the likes of Optikk and SlushHead! I'm in!

    Do it, Mattel!
    Oh man I pictured it in my mind! AWESOME!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Khror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France (95)
    Posts
    787
    NA has always been an error in the MOTU for me.
    So the less characters there will be, the better it is.

    Anyway, in the NA story, battle cat didn't come to the futur... so battle cat should NOT be in.

  18. #18
    Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Anyway, in the NA story, battle cat didn't come to the futur... so battle cat should NOT be in.
    In the Filmation toon, Keldor, King Hiss and Scareglow never appeared, so they shouldn't be a part of the new line?

    Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

    Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Khror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France (95)
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    In the Filmation toon, Keldor, King Hiss and Scareglow never appeared, so they shouldn't be a part of the new line?
    But they exist and are compatible in the story even if they are not shown whereas it's not the case of battle cat in the NA cartoon or anywhere else...

    Even the story in the NA cartoon prevents battle cat to come (unless a new story appears from nowhere... in the bios? Maybe...)

    Also, Keldor, King Hiss and Scareglow appear in the comics or in MYP cartoon

    This is a classic line, not a MOTU filmation or MOTU 80s line

  20. #20
    Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Even the story in the NA cartoon prevents battle cat to come (unless a new story appears from nowhere... in the bios? Maybe...)
    So, you make my point. You say that because it didn't happen in the cartoon, it can't happen now, unless there's a new story in the bios. ALL of the bios are adding new story pieces. We even have entirely new characters. So why can't Battle Cat appear in the NA story this time?

    Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

    Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior Khror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    France (95)
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    So, you make my point. You say that because it didn't happen in the cartoon, it can't happen now, unless there's a new story in the bios. ALL of the bios are adding new story pieces. We even have entirely new characters. So why can't Battle Cat appear in the NA story this time?
    I understand.
    So indeed, it could… In fact everything can happen. The story could be extended or even redraw.

    At this point, I have nothing more to say ... except a totally subjective point

    There are many better things / figures to do before a NA battle-cat IMO

  22. #22
    Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    3,079
    Thank you. And I'm glad to see that people on here can have such a discussion without reporting to hatefullness or insults. All discussions on here should show such respect. Thanks Khror. And, I can understand people not wanting to include NA in this line, or not wanting to include Battle Cat in NA, but saying it can't happen now because it didn't happen before doesn't work because this line is rewriting and reinventing itself with every release.

    Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

    Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,735
    That would be an awesome way to include 200X Battle Cat into this line.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior mistaloko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    965
    I think saying that NA was an error in Motu is too harsh, storywise I canīt say itīs my favourite or that NA is even close to how I picture Motu, but NA gave us some cool characters without a doubt.
    On the topic I donīt think a NA Battle Cat is really needed.

  25. #25
    A big fan of Slush Head
    Mike Bock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Quagmi swamp
    Posts
    9,167
    If thery are not going to include BC in NA at least they should tell us why he didn't go with He-Man to the future.
    BC wasn't even mentioned in the cartoon or comics. That was a mjor let down.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •