View Poll Results: How Would You Rate The 2011 Toy Fair Reveals For MOTUC?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 Stars!!!

21 34.43%
  • 3.5 Stars!!!

13 21.31%
  • 3 Stars!!!

14 22.95%
  • 2.5 Stars!!!

5 8.20%
  • 2 Stars!!!

5 8.20%
  • 1.5 Stars!!!

2 3.28%
  • 1 Star!!!

0 0%
  • 0.5 Star!!!

0 0%
  • 0 Stars!!!

1 1.64%

Thread: How Would You Rate The 2011 Toy Fair Reveals For MOTUC?

How Would You Rate The 2011 Toy Fair Reveals For MOTUC?

How Would You Rate The 2011 Toy Fair Reveals For MOTUC?

*** As big a movie fan as I am, I'm basing this poll on the traditional 4 Star system. 4 stars meaning "Perfect" and 0 stars meaning "Awful".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I quite like this years NYTF reveals and combined with the figures already known till May, it's looking pretty good. Thankfully the sub will cover most items!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted 3 stars. Some figures deserve 4 stars and some deserve 2. Overall, everything was great, but there are quite a few areas for improvement.

I thought a few of my critiques might have been a bit harsh on some MOTUC items/accessories, but then I looked at all the other toy company reveals...and a lot of them were perfect looking. Like G.I. Joe figures. I barely even have any G.I. Joe figures! That Zaranna is perfect though. Mattel and the 4H need to keep their eyes peeled on the ladies from Hasbro, because they're almost always fantastic!

The PoP and MOTU ladies need to look as phenomenal as the MOTUC men.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 14, 2011 at 01:18am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I gave it 2 Stars.

* I didn't want Megator but I really love him now.

* Clawful looks perfect.

* I really liked Man-E-Faces as a kid, but I've either grown out of that affection or his lack of bright colors has made him more disappointing than I thought he'd be.

* I was indifferent with Bikini Teela but, not only don't I like that she isn't a new character, her "bra" looks too big(or maybe it's just glued on funny).

* I never liked The Faceless One but, unlike Keldor's MOTUC release(hate the character but love the toy), the toy looks even worse than I thought it would. The head looks crummy.

* While I'm happy She-Ra is paired with Supergirl, the costume they used for her is awful. Not only is it not used in the comics anymore, it wasn't even worn by the "real" Supergirl.

* As much as I have hated the fact that MOTUC put Etheria in Despondos, I really liked the Etheria Map Bio.

I didn't want to score it so low, but I was unhappy with over half of the reveals.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 14, 2011 at 02:48am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

3.5/4! =)

Nice mix of (what appears to be well-made) figures from different eras. Vintage fans got a wanted hero - Man-E-Faces - and and wanted villain - Clawful; "extended universe" fans got DC Comics Teela and Megator; and MYP fans got the Faceless One. And of course Princess of Power fans got to see Catra.

If something from NA had been shown, I would've ranked the showing a 4.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    they delivered what fans wanted & gave good variety except for an na character. very good

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    The voting is a little weird on this Shokoti - as there were five "main" reveals, maybe it woulda made sense to have five voting stars

Either way, I went with four. Often with releases I have mixed feelings, but from the guys we saw for the first time yesterday, I was really impressed.

Minor niggles that I've covered on other threads (Man-E-Faces' "severe" purple; maybe blond-battleground-bikini Teela's hair) but I can overlook them even if they aren't altered for production. A really nice selection. Can't wait for Man-E... and Clawful... and BG Teela!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    3.5 from me.

I looked at the pic above and tried to think if the negatives outweighed the positives, and honestly....They dont!

My biggest single issue is Clawfuls head, i cant be diplomatic......I HATE it! (and I loved both Robotos and Buzz Offs Heads, so that should tell you how truly terrible I think C's Head is!)

and I have to admit that I am really surprised at how Little attention Sy Klone has received, This is his big reveal too -yes we saw TF and the Packaged pic but this is the 1st time we are seeing the figure proper - And IMO he is the standout, I love the sculpt of his face and colors.

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I voted 3. These were some of the nicest reveals so far, but they still aren't perfect.

Catra was probably the biggest disappointment for me because I was really looking forward to her. There's no single thing that's terrible about her. It's just that everything is "off" just enough to be irritating.

Clawful looks terrible from the neck up, but that was completely expected after the comical Buzz-Off and Grizzlor figures released last year. It's kind of disappointing though because the rest of the figure looks great. Yeah there is some 200X influence even in the face sculpt (his snout's longer, his teeth are painted in, his "eyebrows" are scalier), but those muppet eyes have to go.

Faceless One's armor looks cheap and the mouth is odd and unnecessary. You can tell the figure is a production sample and not a prototype so the final figure will likely look the same.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Gave 3 stars. The assortment was fine. As long as there is one character I care about in a major reveal like this, I'm okay. Actual there are 2 in this assortment, but I always expected to be disappointed about Clawful. Buzzoff prepared me for the let down.

Everyone but the Faceless One looks fine to me (even if I hate vintage Clawful- I knocked off a half a point out of spite ).

Rate a 3 because of my disappointment about the Faceless One. Being a MYP fan, this figure feels incomplete to me. Marzo and Carnivus were done so well in the Classics, I expect better.

As the majority of fans seem to agree so far, the face is just wrong. As many time we have been told that "hyper anime detail" style has been retired, why get a face more detailed than any of the source art of the character? He is suppose to look like he is wearing a ski mask, why are there nostrils? Isn't that hyper detail? Or was he given nostril to avoid the anime look?

Sadly, I'm not surprised he didn't come with a robe. But part of me hope they would break the classic mold buck for this one, since he was hyped for so long. The production delay really got my hopes up. If I was a hardcore Ramman fan, I would start to worry about the future of getting a unique tool on him.

Still, the armor is nice- just add some black paint inside the cowl, and it is pretty much perfect. I'm overall disappointed that I am going to have to do some kit bashing on Faceless One. He not a total loss, nor completely horrible. He just less than he could be.

Blonde Teela was a nice bonus.
    Last edited by Steph; February 15, 2011 at 12:48pm.

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Clawful's head is not cool...otherwise happy with all the other figures overall...

I voted 2. All the figures shown are GREAT but the selection doesnt do much for me.

I am LOVING Bow, Catra, Panthor and King Hiss so I find myself more interested in these next few months than the summer months worth of figures they revealed at toy fair. I think the last 1/4 of the year will excite me again.

Loving BG Teela but would've preferred if they made her a new character. Megator should've been saved, IMO, since Tytus was just released and they are two of a kind. I think Clawful and Man-E-Faces are great figures and I'll be happy to add them to my collection but they dont make me as excited as a new POP, Horde or Snake Man figure would...but we've just gotten all of them in the beginning of the year so I understand it's too soon for more. I'm a little interested in seeing more NA figures and their absence makes me nervous we wont get to very many of them before the line is done. I'm pleased with the Faceless one though. I want to go back and rewatch those episodes ASAP.

Good showing with great figures just not as exciting as the first few months of the year for me so I'm being nitppicky.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    I voted 2. All the figures shown are GREAT but the selection doesnt do much for me.
    This is the same reason I voted a 2.5.

I was very happy with how every figure looked, except for Faceless One's face.

However, the reveals were not much of a surprise, nor were they varied enough in selection.

I was hoping for a little variety. It would have been great to see Mermista, Glimmer or any heroic POP character for that matter. Maybe a Comet Warrior or Galactic Guardian as well.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I voted top marks, 4, because there was ALOT more than I thought we'd get.

So good/bad/whatever, (and I think all good) we got to see alot of stuff, so that's a great reveal, as many things were revealed.

And they had a presance. Last year didnt they just have a non staffed display case?