View Poll Results: Should Panthor in MotUC be flocked?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Flock him! Just like the last two releases of him!

165 56.90%
  • Gah! No! Just let the awesome fur sculpt be enough.

85 29.31%
  • Offer both options when he's released Matty! Please?

40 13.79%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Panthor: To flock? Or not to flock?

Oh, Mattel! I love and hate you so! You are a cruel mistress!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not flocked.

He's STILL Panthor. Purple Battle Cat with Green Harness. Just as much of a blantant repaint as Evil-Lyn or Faker.

He should look pretty good to win over skeptical 80's fans and to make up for the lack of flocking.
    True. Many people don't seem to think so though. I just wonder why all
    the deceit behind it. I mean if they want a more accurate count then
    why not do online polls. better yet, just offer both and appease all

i want him flocked, but if the powers that be at mattel decide to say that the fans wanted unflocked (which im pretty certain was the exact opposite at that panel) and make him unflocked i'll still get em, i just hope he's unique enough.
    i honestly just wish they'd be straight up honest and tell us it was because of the issues they are having with moss man, and not clearly contradicting themselves, again.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Respectfully I would just like to say I want him flocked.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

DONT flock panthor...i have ALWAYS wanted a panthor w/o flocking.

i was insanely excited when pics of panthor were released for the 2002 series and he was unflocked only to have him released WITH flock....sigh...at least i have my happy meal toy panthor w/o flock.

the fur sculpt on the new battle cat is amazing and doesnt need flock.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    I'm no for flocking. It'd pretty much make him a statue, no? We don't need that in this line.

I want Panthor to be flocked. I can´t imagine him without it.
    ¡Ya tengo el PODER!

I must reiterate, in light of today's events, that I desperately want Panthor to be flocked. Please Mattel. I was at the SDCC panel. Let's be nice and truthful. Flock my kitty.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I cant believe they said no to flocking. Some pussycats need fur on em, and Panthor is no exception!! I cast my vote for flocking.

Panthor should be flocked. I am not happy that mattel has decided not to flock him.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I must reiterate, in light of today's events, that I desperately want Panthor to be flocked. Please Mattel. I was at the SDCC panel. Let's be nice and truthful. Flock my kitty.
    Same here. I was there at the panel as well. Flocked please!

Panthor= flocked!

Nuff said.

EM

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This is indeed sad news from Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't have a Panthor as a kid and always wanted one. I recently picked up a Clawdeen in all her pink flocked glory for my little daughter. I vote flock Panthor. It wouldn't be the same without the flocking.

That being said, I haven't seen the new Battlecat. If the sculpt is as good as people say, I could change my mind about Panthor. I don't care about articulation. You don't need articulation to play with the toys, and that's mainly why I buy them. My wife is angry with me that my five year old daughter likes playing with He-Man toys more than any others.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Not that I think any of this will make a difference, but I have to go with no flocking. I'm really looking forward to Battle-Cat and I think Panthor would be great to go with him. However, the flocking would really make it a hard decision for me.

* I just don't like the look of flocking that much.
    * There will inevitably be issues with the articulation because of it.
    * It's too much of a pain to keep dust free, and I like to display my figures.

My 200X Panthor stays in a box because I got tired of cleaning it. I want one that I can keep on display, especially if it looks as nice as BC!
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I cant believe they said no to flocking. Some pussycats need fur on em, and Panthor is no exception!! I cast my vote for flocking.
    Never liked it. Flocking made Panthor look soft (although it did smell nice).

Battle Cat looks awesome and he isn't flocked, so imagine what they could do with Panthor, Clawdeen and Illumina's Cat too? I'd rather have Mattel's painters do a bang-up job on Panthor, like they did so many other repainted characters in this line. I'm sure that Panthor would have the appropriate muscular shading so he's not just a Battle Cat dipped in purple paint.

I know it loses to nostalgia, but I gotta go with the no-flocking option. I'd say flock 'em if it was a smooth mold like the original, but Battle Cat's fur detail looks awesome, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it on Panthor.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I would have perfered him flocked,
    but I'll get him anyway, of course!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not flocked.

He's STILL Panthor. Purple Battle Cat with Green Harness. Just as much of a blantant repaint as Evil-Lyn or Faker.

He should look pretty good to win over skeptical 80's fans and to make up for the lack of flocking.
    I agree. I never liked the flocking on either of the previous Panthor's. He's the evil pet of the overlord of evil, not a fuzzy little petable kitty belonging to Barbie.

IMO, the flocking is about the same thing as rooted hair & cloth costumes. It ruins the figure's overall look imo. Especially when they flock over the EYES!!! and then paint yellow over it...craptastic imo.

Just give me a purple 'battlecat' minus the helmet (and maybe a different head sculpt) and that'll do just fine. Articulation is 1000000x more important than nostolgia here. If you want your flocked Panthor, with limited articulation, than just stick with the 200x or vintage ones.

'classics' does not mean vintage or commemorative, so the arguement that classics should stick with 'everything' that was done in the old toylines holds no ground with me.

I've always wanted Panthor to look evil & terrifying.....that will never happen, as long as he's fuzzy & cuddly looking.
    Also imo, the flocking is a cheap excuse for being too lazy to give the figure a decent paintjob. Yeah, lets cover it with fuzz so we don't have to paint anything.
    For the price that panthor will most likely cost, I don't want 'cheap garbage'. i want an intracate paint job on Skeletor's evil cat, and I'll settle for nothing less.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I actually wouldn't care either way. Flocked? Cool. Unflocked? Cool. However I've voted "no flocking", simply to cast a vote against 80s purism. Don't hate me.

Flcok him, I like how it looks and feels. nostalgia be damned though, I just like how flosking is on some things. my 200X panthor is a great one, you can't have the 3rd panthoe not be like hi older siblings. he'd be confused.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

flock panthor! flock him right in the eye!

I voted for flock but if he's not flock I will buy him still, my skeletor is tired of walking across eternia...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Panthor has to be flocked. That's his main feature. What is Panthor without the flock huh? It's like Grizzlor without the fur.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I sure do like a fuzzy Panthor.