View Poll Results: Should Panthor in MotUC be flocked?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Flock him! Just like the last two releases of him!

165 56.90%
  • Gah! No! Just let the awesome fur sculpt be enough.

85 29.31%
  • Offer both options when he's released Matty! Please?

40 13.79%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Panthor: To flock? Or not to flock?

Flock the flocking flocker! For flock's sake!

Yes,... for me flock him, he needs it to have that orginal look.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

It was pretty evident at SDCC and pretty evident with this poll that the majority prefer him to be flocked, but I'll live with him being unflocked. It would be nice if he were flocked, though.

I've been a completist on this line so far, but since Panthor isn't flocked, I'm not going to bother with him. Part of me hopes this figure either doesn't sell out or it takes a loooong time to.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I've been a completist on this line so far, but since Panthor isn't flocked, I'm not going to bother with him. Part of me hopes this figure either doesn't sell out or it takes a loooong time to.

I would like to say I believe you. But I don't know a "completist" that would not buy him. Otherwise....you're not a "completist".
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    I would like to say I believe you. But I don't know a "completist" that would not buy him. Otherwise....you're not a "completist".

Hence the phrase "completist so far". If not having a mental illness where I'm compelled to buy things I absolutely hate makes me not a true completist, I'm quite proud of that. For some reason you not believing me doesn't dampen my day at all.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Hence the phrase "completist so far". If not having a mental illness where I'm compelled to buy things I absolutely hate makes me not a true completist, I'm quite proud of that. For some reason you not believing me doesn't dampen my day at all.
    you are a fiesty one! My bad on not catching the "so far" portion of that phrase. I was not trying to dampen your day. Sorry if it seemed that way I hope they do flock him for nastalga(spelling) sake. I understand why they would not though for articulation sake. I don't mind if they don't. Although after seeing how many people here want him flocked. I would be suprised if they did not do it afterall.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I voted for flocked. It's a classics line, and except for a Top Toys variant, Panthor has always been flocked - stay faithful to the previous versions I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    I voted for flocked. It's a classics line, and except for a Top Toys variant, Panthor has always been flocked - stay faithful to the previous versions I say!

What is Top Toys?

JOIN THE GROUP...

We will, we will flock you!!!

What is Top Toys?
    Top Toys is the name of the company that made MOTU in Argentina. They made a variant of Panthor without flock.
    ¡Ya tengo el PODER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Top Toys is the name of the company that made MOTU in Argentina. They made a variant of Panthor without flock.
    Thanks! I've found from this site that I have a lot to learn when it comes to MOTU toys made for non-US countries.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    Flocked or the option of both.

After all, it's "Classics" that we're talking about.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    flocked is a nice feature. it makes Panthor distinct.

I sure hope they reconsider and flock him for the first release. I also want a red flocked cat.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I voted for NO flocking.

I remember the flocked Panthor collected alot of dirt, dust and grime. I also think the flocking bits look bad after handling and takes away from the paint and detail of the sculpt.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

No Flock!!! Please!!!

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing Battle Cat without saddle I have to say that I think it's nearly impossible to flock Panthor due to the articulation. Look at all the joints and imagine how he would look if he gets flocked but nor around all those joints... he would look like the victim of a lawn-mower

they flocked moss man, so they will flock panthor 2, have no doubt about it

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Man, where have I been? Well, I would love to have Panthor flocked. But if not scientifically possible with the number of joints on Battle Cat then I'll have to learn to live with it. However, if it is at all possible I would love my slick little kitty with a little fuzz on it.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Flock or death..... FLOCK IT!

Given the current Moss-Man fiasco, I'm voting no. Besides, I'm thinking it was kinda dumb to flock Panthor anyway, when they didn't flock battle cat. Last I checked, Tiger fur (green or otherwise) feels pretty much the same as panther fur.

After seeing Moss Man, I'm officially in the "please don't flock Panthor" camp. Don't get me wrong, I like Moss Man for what he is, but I think the same treatment would be doing a disservice to the great Cat sculpt that the 4H gave us.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, after seeing how Moss Man looks, I'm going with no flock.

Some place between boredomness and stability
    Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    After seeing Moss Man, I'm officially in the "please don't flock Panthor" camp. Don't get me wrong, I like Moss Man for what he is, but I think the same treatment would be doing a disservice to the great Cat sculpt that the 4H gave us.
    Exactly what you said. But I also think that those empty spots where there's no flocking to keep the articulation free would look awful in Panthor. And Panthor would have a lot of those empty spots! Unless you wanna think they are the result of some fighting against Battle Cat.