View Poll Results: What Canon Means Masters Of The Universe To You???

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mini-Comics

38 19.69%
  • Filmation (MOTU & She-Ra)

64 33.16%
  • MOTU 1987 Movie

2 1.04%
  • New Adventures Of He-Man

0 0%
  • 2002 MOTU (MYP Cartoon and MVC Comics)

27 13.99%
  • MOTUC Bios

6 3.11%
  • My Own Imagination

32 16.58%
  • He-Man Lives In A Multiverse!!!

24 12.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Canon Means Masters Of The Universe To You???

What Canon Means Masters Of The Universe To You???

When you think Masters Of The Universe, what canon first comes to mind as your source for MOTU continuity?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

2002 MYP whithout an hesitation!!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I chose the Multiverse-option. All versions of Motu/Pop are valid in their own way, even if they are separate from each other.

(IMO) There should be an all of the above option. I try to fit them all in together where I can to make one story.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I voted 200x.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

What is funny is that the story in the 80s cartoon doesn't really exist.
    In fact there are just the basic ideas known from the beginning and after that nearly none of the episode explains nor develops something.

In the 200X cartoon, nearly everything of the basic ideas are reused and the episodes try to explains and extend the MOTU universe.

But, no matter that, most of the people seem to prefer 80s cartoon story...
    I can't understand.

The only thing I can guess is that because 1 or 2 ideas are not reused properly in the 200X cartoon (such as the queen Marlena coming from Hearth) then people just throw that cartoon away.

Or, people misunderstand the poll here and evaluate the design also... design that they may not like in the 200X cartoon.

For my part, after refreshing my memory by seeing all the 80s episodes of He-man this year, there is nothing to compare. 200X cartoon is the most complete credible source of the story.

I have to see all the She-ra episodes again to have a complete idea since it’s been a while I haven’t seen them all.

I agree with Angel-T I use a combination from all of the canons and my on imagination

... and MV creations comics were forgotten in this poll... even if there are linked to the 200X cartoon.

They are very interesting and explain many things!

I would have chosen an "other" option if that would've been available. Now I voted for Filmation, since it has defined so much of MOTU for me personally. But, at the moment the canon that means most to me is my personal canon. It is a combination of different canon's and is constantly changing and full of holes.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I voted mini comics, but really it's a mix of those, MYP, some of the stuff from the Bios, and my own ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I would have chosen an "other" option if that would've been available. Now I voted for Filmation, since it has defined so much of MOTU for me personally. But, at the moment the canon that means most to me is my personal canon. It is a combination of different canon's and is constantly changing and full of holes.
    Heidi
    Yeah, I'm in a similar problematic situation. I use Filmation as canon but as more of a jumping off point, where I can add to it with my own imagination (a combination of the 2 choices listed). Now how do I code that???

I voted mini-comics because that is my main source. But I use a healthy dose of imagination.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    (IMO) There should be an all of the above option. I try to fit them all in together where I can to make one story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    Yeah, I'm in a similar problematic situation. I use Filmation as canon but as more of a jumping off point, where I can add to it with my own imagination (a combination of the 2 choices listed). Now how do I code that???
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

Heidi
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    I voted mini comics, but really it's a mix of those, MYP, some of the stuff from the Bios, and my own ideas.
    My Own Imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    ... and MV creations comics were forgotten in this poll... even if there are linked to the 200X cartoon.

They are very interesting and explain many things!
    Why separate MYP and MVC? They were the same continuity.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I voted "Multiverse," although lately, I'm enjoying the unfolding MOTUC storyline. They're all good!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    What canon means Masters of the Universe to me?

In order of personal importance

1. My Own Imagination
    2. 2002 MOTU
    3. Mini-Comics
    4. He-Man Lives in a Multiverse
    5. MOTUC Bios
    6. New Adventures of He-Man
    7. MOTU 1987 Movie
    8. Robot Chicken MOTU sketches
    9. A Demented Howler Monkey's Thoughts on MOTU Canon
    10-?. About anything else that has anything to do with MOTU

After all other options have been exhausted (and if the Howler Monkey is out of ideas), Filmation.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Poll: Show your Love the same request... and you know it, you voted... no new ideas? and you have forget the comics versions like DC and Interprat, I would understand if the poll was "What MOTU Canon do you use for inspiration?" but this poll sound bootleg to me...

Ive voted "My Own Imagination" I use it a lot, just to be original...
    Last edited by Ulisses31; August 15, 2009 at 09:45pm.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Poll: Show your Love the same request... and you know it, you voted... no new ideas? and you have forget the comics versions like DC and Interprat, I would understand if the poll was "What MOTU Canon do you use for inspiration?" but this poll sound bootleg to me...

Ive voted "My Own Imagination" I use it a lot, just to be original...
    Accuse me all you want, but I didn't even remember your poll when I made this. As overly modded as this forum is, I wouldn't even attempt to "bootleg" someone else's idea. I'm not so bereft of ideas that I need to start looking for other members' posts to duplicate. First you say I ripped you off and then you chastise me for not including something your poll had. My poll wasn't about picking a favorite era and its form of media like yours, but what continuity someone first thought of when they think of Masters Of The Universe. That's why I didn't list Filmation's She-Ra & He-Man or 2002's cartoon & comics as separate choices(they were the same continuity) like your poll did.

Not only are some of our choices different, the basis for each poll, imo, is different. They may be slightly similar, but they're not the same question. Someone may like MOTUC more than any other He-Man line but still automatically think of Filmation's cartoon when discussing continuity(I know people for who this is true).

It may be the language barrier we share, but "What Canon Means Masters Of the Universe To You???" is another way of saying "What MOTU Canon do you use for inspiration?". Next time try either PM'ing me or contacting a Moderator before making accusations in a public setting.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 16, 2009 at 01:34am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

You didn't saw my ? I even voted, and I was not PM'ing a mod because I was just playing with you... I don't give a +++++... if you have or not inspired your thread in mine... just saw a good opportunity to start some "controversy" and play around... no accusation intended... my thread is about what you have in your heart, your thread is about what you have in your mind... very different places

If you want I can delete the reply, just let me know if you have troubles with it...
    In the end I hope that no Mod merge this one with mine, let them be apart...
    Hope I could make my intentions clear. Now...

With language barrier or not, this:
    It may be the language barrier we share, but "What Canon Means Masters Of the Universe To You???" is another way of saying "What MOTU Canon do you use for inspiration?".
    Is not true... there are two different concepts... "mean" and "use" are very different, one is about comprehension and comparison, the other is about choices and applications.

"What Canon Means Masters Of the Universe To You???" = "With what MOTU canon are you more related"

and only your rephrase...

When you think Masters Of The Universe, what canon first comes to mind as your source for MOTU continuity?
    is what is really equals to this "What MOTU Canon do you use for inspiration?"

But I understand your idea to say that... you were thinking of questioning the rephrase but you couldnt find the right way to say it... language barriers... that happens to me all the time.

I understand that I have some troubles with English, but that dont make me less intelligent, just make it difficult to others to notice... and sometimes even I have difficulty to read what I have wrote...

In a big effort when we are from different countries, I have to see the core concepts behind the words, not just the terms... is what Im trying to learned to do and what I try to do with all the members from the forum with English has his 1st or 2nd Language...

DC and Interprat are pre-filmation inspired, I think... they are really out of the Filmation continuity, and they are not minicomics. And there are more than Cartoons continuities and the new Bios, that are the best known.
    But if you set a - My Own Imagination - and - He-Man Lives In A Multiverse!!! - you could at least set a - Other Versions - or - None of this - option to let them being included, and with this Im not trying to teach you too make a poll, I only want to justify why I referred that...
    Last edited by Ulisses31; August 16, 2009 at 08:55am.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    This was kind of tough. I mean whenever someone metions He-Man I think the Filmation cartoon. BUT, I thought the 200x series was WAY better!! So I'm trying to override that.

Also, I finally got to read the mini comics and they were just amazing stuff! I liked the first few where He-Man was much more barbaric and The Goddess was green. Very cool stuff.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Mine is a combination of the mini comics and Filmation but since I could only choose one I voted for the Filmation universe as I am more familiar with it than the mini-comics.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I voted: "My Own Imagination"

but I really should say all of the above. What doesn't fit I say Orko, Madam Razz, or one of the NA scientist is tellling a story and is getting the facts wrong. Which there is canon to support this, Man-E-Faces Origin and Crystal Castle origin episodes in filmation.
    Last edited by griffen112182; May 18, 2010 at 04:24pm.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Hopefully Mattel sees this topic every time it happens and also sees that Filmation always wins every time.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Absolutely the Filmation series! I love it!

Filmation of course, the band would never have become what it did with the Filmation cartoon.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Mini comics. Filmation is great, but instead of fighting each other, the bad guys always fight the scenery.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread