View Poll Results: What Canon Means Masters Of The Universe To You???

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mini-Comics

27 20.30%
  • Filmation (MOTU & She-Ra)

45 33.83%
  • MOTU 1987 Movie

0 0%
  • New Adventures Of He-Man

0 0%
  • 2002 MOTU (MYP Cartoon and MVC Comics)

20 15.04%
  • MOTUC Bios

3 2.26%
  • My Own Imagination

22 16.54%
  • He-Man Lives In A Multiverse!!!

16 12.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Canon Means Masters Of The Universe To You???

Imagination. That's why I love it now, that's why I loved it as a kid. The characters are so basic and primal that the stories to be told with them are endless. So maybe what I'm saying is: The more incarnations, the better. I like all of them. Parts of them at least. Mix and match with a healty dose of imagination stirred in.

Filmation all the way. I started with the comics, but really got into MOTU thanks to Lou Scheimer. He-Man brand would have died without Filmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    What is funny is that the story in the 80s cartoon doesn't really exist.
    In fact there are just the basic ideas known from the beginning and after that nearly none of the episode explains nor develops something.

In the 200X cartoon, nearly everything of the basic ideas are reused and the episodes try to explains and extend the MOTU universe.

But, no matter that, most of the people seem to prefer 80s cartoon story...
    I can't understand.

The only thing I can guess is that because 1 or 2 ideas are not reused properly in the 200X cartoon (such as the queen Marlena coming from Hearth) then people just throw that cartoon away.

Or, people misunderstand the poll here and evaluate the design also... design that they may not like in the 200X cartoon.

For my part, after refreshing my memory by seeing all the 80s episodes of He-man this year, there is nothing to compare. 200X cartoon is the most complete credible source of the story.

I have to see all the She-ra episodes again to have a complete idea since it’s been a while I haven’t seen them all.
    I seriously dislike 200X, story or not, I found a lot of things answered by watching almost all of the 110 episodes and what isn't answered is left to mystery and imagination, but I guess some lack that aspect of life.

I don't need something spelled out to me, I don't need a full story to like something....if that were the case, no one would have watched Star Wars back in the 70's....First movie comes out....who the hell is Darth Vader, where did he come from? What is a friggin Jedi? it took a lot of years to explain a tiny bit of who Vader was, but what exactly lead him to become Darth Vader? Something not answered in a movie, or any format to my knowledge officially movie wise until 1999 When Lucas wrote the script for the 4th movie....and even then, no one from watching the movies....can tell you where the Jedi originated, or how the Sith split off from the Jedi.... Many popular stories we all know today don't have origin stories in the format we originally saw them in. There is plenty explained in Filmation, also what is not, is explained in the Filmation era and Post Filmation era stories in the Comics, to which the Filmation story inspired. Be sure to thank Filmation for Adam....

Using your example, where did the Jedi, the Sith come from?, using only the 3 first movies, nothing else. This is what people on the 70's and early 80's had to go on....And everything wasn't fully explained in the last 3 prequel movies either, they were more of a Vader origin story than the entire franchise....What happened to the Sith in the first place where did they go, did the Jedi think they killed them all? But I guess you may have to look at other Star Wars media to explain all of that....go figure.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 21, 2012 at 02:24pm.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    Filmation has always been the iconic canon for me.

According to 33% of 126 voters....others agree.... 200X is behind by half.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

voted my own imagination but motuc bio strongly win cept for a few of my own ideas.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    as far as im concerned the canons are different part of he-mans life therefore it would go 200x-filmation-1987 movie-new adventures with a couple of classics bits added in for seasoning
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!