View Poll Results: Should Skeletor Die In The Movie?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Skeletor Alive!

107 68.15%
  • Kill Skeletor & Bring Hordak In For The Sequel!

9 5.73%
  • Kill Skeletor & Bring Him Back In The Sequel!

9 5.73%
  • Kill Skeletor & Bring Him Back During The Credits!

18 11.46%
  • Only Kill Heroes!

7 4.46%
  • Only Kill Henchmen!

7 4.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Skeletor Die In The Movie?

Quote Originally Posted by fantombe View Post
    To be fair though, how much of an origin do you need? What exactly do you need to know to enjoy the story? Following the Filmation example, they summed up the entire premise and told you everything you needed to know in a 30 odd second intro.

Show where some of the characters came from as the film progresses, sure, but I don't think basing the film on where they came from is necessary.
    I guess I just like the idea of starting from the beginning. I really enjoyed the 200x series, and how they peiced the story together right from the start. Plus I think it would help to attract a new generation of fans.

Nah, I don't think he should die. Always leave the villian alive so they can come back and wreck havoc in the sequel.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    I guess I just like the idea of starting from the beginning. I really enjoyed the 200x series, and how they peiced the story together right from the start. Plus I think it would help to attract a new generation of fans.
    That's cool. Wasn't the original Marks script an origin story, from what I've read? If they went that way once, you may get your wish!

Quote Originally Posted by fantombe View Post
    That's cool. Wasn't the original Marks script an origin story, from what I've read? If they went that way once, you may get your wish!
    You know Hollywood. Batman Begins worked out so we got Robin Hood(which was basically Robin Hood Begins) & Wolverine Origin and X-Men First Class & an Alien prequel coming soon. I'm sure if we ever get a MOTU movie, it will be something along those lines whether we want it to be or not. Myself, I like the way the first live action movie did things. They threw us right into the action without spending 45 minutes showing Adam without a sword.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    You know Hollywood. Batman Begins worked out so we got Robin Hood(which was basically Robin Hood Begins) & Wolverine Origin and X-Men First Class & an Alien prequel coming soon. I'm sure if we ever get a MOTU movie, it will be something along those lines whether we want it to be or not.
    I've only seen the first one of those listed, so I'll take your word on the rest, but you could certainly be right! I'm personally indifferent to whether it's an origin story or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Myself, I like the way the first live action movie did things. They threw us right into the action without spending 45 minutes showing Adam without a sword.
    I agree. I loved that. Not only chucking you right into a battle, but chucking you straight in to the worst possible case scenario was genius.

Heroic Warrior
    Not if the movie is good, lol. Got to have a sequel, right?

It would be cool if they continued on making good flicks, in the vain of Spider Man and Lord of the Rings (not saying those are good, just something in their consistency).

Part 1:

Begins with the transformation of Keldor into Skeletor and then his mission to obtain Grayskull. I think this Skeletor should be different. He doesn't want to just become to ruler of Eternia, rather he's an anti-cosmic sorcerer who's dedicated to the destruction of all creation and to restore things to eternal and total darkness. Having never faced such an enemy, Sorceress passes on the power of Grayskull to Prince Adam, thus creating He-Man.

Part 2:

Would be centered around the return of Hordak, who is brought back by Evil-Lyn to spite Skeletor not only for his defeat in the first film but his lack of respect and loyalty to her. So there would be this huge epic battle among 3 forces. This would also bring She-Ra into the picture.

Uh, yeah...lol.

That's how I would do it.

I think Skeletor is to important to kill off, like so many others have said he would not have to be the main antagonist in the sequel.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    have Skeletor get away at the end or have him survive at the end of the credits.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    They can have the movie end in Skeletor's defeat and make it seem that he died as long as they don't show the body! Then they can bring him back at any time to mock the heroes for falling for his deception. It's one of the big tropes that the big bad is never really dead until you see the body.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Perhaps Keldor could appear to die in the first film, to come back as Skeletor in Round 2 or Round 3.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

No, I absolutely do not want Skeletor to die.

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Killing off Skeletor would be damn stupid IMO...you wouldn't kill Lex Luther off would you? Skeletor NEEDS to be He-man's arch-nemesis. Why can't Skeletor and Hordak join forces instead? No need to kill the guy...damn!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Of course Skeletor shouldn't die in the movie, that would be ridiculous! However, they can certainly up the ante by introducing even more villains in the second movie (if there is a sequal), such as Hordak, or Count Marzo, or even King Hsss. But they shouldn't all team up together, rather they should all fight each other, with He-Man and the Masters caught in the middle.

At the end he should be thrown in a pit implying he was killed. Then at the end of the credits he should pop his head up out of some water and declare 'I'll be back!'.

Snappy Threader
    No, he should not die!

i'm fine with him dying at the end of a well rounded trilogy...but not before.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Yes. Trilogy. Skeleton dies in pt one. Hordak and the Snakemen in parts 2&3.
    Who has the Power?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    There is a couple points to make on death, and/or Skeletor.

One point is Shakespearean, that all stories end in death or marriage.
    ..that your audience will not follow your tale if you expect them to keep up with secondary characters or if the drudgery of matrimony is carried out beyond the ceremony itself.
    Therefore you may assume that planning the story ahead, as I did, you will need to kill people.
    ..(hopefully in movie effect and not production hands/heads to get it made)

Another point is that often enough in Hollywood you can kill characters without to much worry.
    ..as you can always bring them back with cloning or magic or "we disregard 'that' episode".
    Although good storytelling should imply that you foresaw the end before the means.

Another point is that Masters of the Universe is a very challenge based world and there needs to be a significant trial or accomplishment for your characters, so you may need to slaughter Skeletor or the Sorceress, as I did, in my work, in order to affect an ending, assuming you planned it all out.

I also made a game, called Masters Quest, for use with the Masters chessboard I made, and I felt it was a story based in the future of the (potential)storyboards I wrote, so I worried that some of the characters were dead by this timeframe, so I just say in the explanatory guidelines that Granamyr's child, a powerful baby dragon, used magic to bring Skeletor back to life in the days that Adam is now High-King.
    ..and the Sorceress is a volunteer position anyone can fill.
    Simple.

Do you agree??

Quote Originally Posted by Merman's Head View Post
    Yes. Trilogy. Skeleton dies in pt one. Hordak and the Snakemen in parts 2&3.
    i don't think skeletor should die until the end of part 3. i think however he is defeated in part one should take him out of the game in part two when the snake-men try to take over...but when hordak finally returns in part 3 i think skeletor should be there. it brings closure to that relationship.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

The whole movie should die! This is the worst movie ever!!!!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    The whole movie should die! This is the worst movie ever!!!!
    Try not to be negative, Hollywood may be neck deep in a sink hole, but we don't need to be.

..unless you are being esoterically sarcastic.

I initially voted "Keep Skeletor Alive", but the more I thought about it the more I disliked the idea. If we Keep Skeletor Alive, let's review the options the plot gives us.

1) Skeletor Gets Away - like in the various cartoons and comic books, Skeletor always gets away. The problem is obvious - if Skeletor gets away, it makes our Heroic Warriors look less effective. This trick works pretty well in serialized fiction like TV, where the plot allows for more confrontations in future episodes. The battle is over, the war goes ever on and the weary warriors, good and evil alike, return to their bases to nurse their wounds and prepare future attacks. In movies however, the entire war has to be over within two or three hours. We shouldn't rely on trilogies either because if the movie flops, we don't get two thirds of the story that way. No, self-contained is best.

2) Skeletor Gets Imprisoned - This one works a little better, but it depends how you do it. It works with someone like Lex Luthor because firstly, Superman wouldn't kill Luthor. Luthor is a man. Luthor can be contained in a prison for men. Keldor would work the same way. Keldor could be kept in a dungeon. However, there is a a higher rank of power to consider. To use another Superman villain, Darkseid cannot be contained in a conventional prison. Darkseid needs a prison specifically designed to keep him in order to be imprisoned. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Darkseid can't be killed at all! He can only be contained by a prison powerful enough to hold a God - the Source Wall. Skeletor could not be contained in a dungeon. He's too elemental. Incidentally, Hordak is the same way. Can't kill Hordak. Gotta seal him up in another dimension. If that was how they captured Skeletor, that's fine.