View Poll Results: Should Skeletor Die In The Movie?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Skeletor Alive!

107 68.15%
  • Kill Skeletor & Bring Hordak In For The Sequel!

9 5.73%
  • Kill Skeletor & Bring Him Back In The Sequel!

9 5.73%
  • Kill Skeletor & Bring Him Back During The Credits!

18 11.46%
  • Only Kill Heroes!

7 4.46%
  • Only Kill Henchmen!

7 4.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Skeletor Die In The Movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Skeletor is like the Joker to He-Man's Batman. He should never die.
    And like Batman, He-Man would never kill him.
    You may have defeated us, but you'll never see this child again!

Keep Skeletor alive!

Why he should die???
    No way...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I think he should die, but not in the first movie! He still has to deal with the Snakemen in Part 2, overcome Hordak in Part 3 and go into space in Part 4!! He can die in Masters of the Universe Part 5... Reternia!

Not to mention a possible cameo in the She-Ra movie (Part 2 and 1/2?)...

What? They're not making 5 or 6 of these?

Absolutely not! Keep old skull face alive.

He is too important to the story to die in the first (of many if we're lucky) films. I love the idea of assumed death until the credits, the plans of Hordak saving him, future movies having other main baddies. But he cannot die, he deserves more than that.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Only the egg-sucking heroes should die...but it'll be highly unlikely if that'll happen.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

after hearing the writer's interview, i think they already killed him before the movie even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by benedict judas hel View Post
    only the egg-sucking heroes should die...but it'll be highly unlikely if that'll happen.
    this!!!!!!!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Kill Skeletor and then Bring Hordak in for the sequel. In fact make it a trilogy and bring in King Hiss in part 3.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

KILL NO ONE PLEASE

I love the Bond films but superhero films don't always need to kill off the baddies.

Just my preferred option.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Hmmm...not sure at all Skeletor can still be considered a mortal.
    Killed is a nonsense, maybe banished. That sounds better.

No just defeated so he could come back in a squeal. Maybe if the heroic warriors believe he's dead but the audience know he survived.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

tricky one, killing the joker off in tim burtons batman seemed to go ok. however permanantly killing off old bone head maybe not so great. i think killing him off in the movie is ok if you get the 15 second snippet after the credits to show theres hope for our favourite bad guy to come back in a sequal. it generally works well with audiences across the board even if it is a bit cliche, gives people something to talk about, is he coming back? are they making number motu 2?
    I dont need no instructions to know how to rock !!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind if they introduced Skeletor as Keldor and at the end he is seemingly killed in defeat only to rise as skeletor in a sequel with a tidbit eluding to this after the credits. Then bring in Hordak for the 2nd movie, maybe even working Keldor's return as skeletor into it and tying in Hordak as his master and then a super powerful Skeletor seeking revenge in the third movie. I don't know at the present the movie looks like it has much bigger issues than whether or not skeletor dies. We might not even get skeletor

Skeletor should sort of die in the first movie.

The way I imagined the final battle: He-Man slashes across Skeletor's chest. Skeletor, wounded, tumbles and falls into the abyss under Grayskull.
    With that the story ends, the main villain is defeated and believed dead (by both the characters and audience), and peace returns to Eternia.

If the movie proves a success and generates a sequel, we then see that Skeletor actually managed to survive his defeat in the first movie. He's in hiding, nursing his wounds and plotting revenge (which leads into him freeing the Snake Men, the main villains of the sequel).
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I don't like the idea of anyone getting killed. I say keep it dark and gritty enough for the adults but kid friendly enough so we raise another generation of MOTU fans.

Personally, I'd like a LOTR style trilogy.

Masters of the Universe.
    He-Man and company against Skeletor and company.

Masters of the Universe: The Evil Horde
    Hordak invades Eternia. He-Man and Skeletor must join forces to stop him.

Masters of the Universe: Rise of the Snake Men
    King Hsss and his army against everyone.

EPIC.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Skeletor should sort of die in the first movie.

If the movie proves a success and generates a sequel, we then see that Skeletor actually managed to survive his defeat in the first movie. He's in hiding, nursing his wounds and plotting revenge (which leads into him freeing the Snake Men, the main villains of the sequel).
    I agree. I don’t want to have it end on a cliff-hanger or anything like that. With how fragile things are today in Hollywood, I don’t want them to make one film and arrogantly assume that it will spawn a fully fledged franchise.

Yep, have Skeletor seemingly “die” at the end of the film. Then if it’s a success and they make a second one, they can bring him back.

As for the other bad guys. I don't know. Maybe kill off one or two, but leave a few of them alive or at least imprisoned. Skeletor can then break them out of jail in the sequel.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Let's see: Skeletor has a floating skull for his face. He does not eat (it would be physically impossible for him) or breath.
    To all extents he is already dead, and i seriously doubt he could be "killed" in the conventional sense. He is here to stay, and when Adam/He-man will die of old age or simply retire the sorceress'd better find a replacement pretty quick, i say! Maybe they coild banish him, however.

ok, we can't get rid of Skele. Some of us were Skeletor fans before we were he-man fans...

BUT, i think this movie should be something geared towards us... the original generation of MOTU fans (besides, the newer generations are used to gritty death filled battles between good and evil so if we get a brady-bunch version of an action medievil alien war movie, it'll fail with all generations) So, i think Skeletor should get as close to a bloody death as possible and have some of the original henchmen die so that in the sequel, skeletor is left with very little power and a broken team of baddies, maybe only allowing trapjaw, and evil lyn to survive and have new henchmen come into the picture like stinkor, spikor, and some of the other baddies who were later releases in the original series.

And, who's to say that killing someone like whiplash wouldn't create a lord-of-the rings style race war where his kind become foes of the Masters for killing they're beloved champion. anyway, rambling on ideas, but yeah i think skeletor should pull a nostradomus.

Skeletor can't die.. he is already dead.

Heroic Warrior
    Skeletor should ALWAYS be around... I HATE when they kill the main villians... (I'm not fond of when they kill the minions either...)

Best plan of action would be... Do NOT make it an origin story!!

Skeletor is ALREADY established as supervillian extreme.. Massively powerful and a threat to everything. He has some kind of Uberplan... He-man STOPS the plan... Skeletor Skulks off to plan for the sequel.

I think that it almost has to be an orgin story. Mattel is not wanting to make this movie just for the established fans. They are trying to create a new fan base. An orgin story will help with this creation and minimize the confusion of having a hero and super villian with no back store. I think that was kind of the problem with the filmation series you had all these characters with no story they were just all of a sudden there and the lines were drawn. It is more interesting to see were these characters came from and why they become they way they are.

I'm starting not to care anymore as long as he has a skull for a head/face...

I would love a lord of the rings trilogy of MOTU. Origin is important, and if they go with the 200x way with how Keldor became Skeletor, they have to introduce Hordak early, and give a glimpse as to who he is. Since Hordak and the Horde are the biggest of the bad to me, they should be appear in the last movie, with the first two building up to them.

Second movie is the Snakemen, who all die by the end But not without taking some Masters with them good and bad. Randor should die at the end, making Adam king of a fallen kingdom, just as the Horde invades leading to the third film with the heroes and villains being on the run from the Horde.

"C" list characters should die throughout all the movies, with one or two "A" list going out in the last movie. Duncan would cause the most impact, due to him being that father figure that people would get attached to in the first two movies some type of heroic sacrifice like Bruce Willis in Armageddon, I don't know many people that did not tear up during that scene, and with a build up of three movies, it will be devestating.

Maybe the Sorceress as well, so that Grayskull will be finally taken.

Have the final Battle at Grayskull He-man vs Skeletor and She-ra vs Hordak within the castle along with Teela vs Evil-lyn vs Shadow Weaver in a darker part of the castle. While everyone else fights outside.

Build some of the fights so the final battle is epic, like Beastman vs Grizzlor, Merman vs Leech, Fisto vs Jitsu, Tri-Klops vs Man at Arms, Stratos vs Webstor.

Evil-Lyn's constant deceit will get her killed by the end of the third movie, more than likely by Skeletor when he learns it was her that caused the Snakemen and Horde to arrive. And by then the audience may be glad about it.

But at the end somehow Grayskull is recaptured by the heroes. And at the end Teela becomes the new Sorceress as she learns to use the powers that were eluded to in the prior movies.

But since the trilogy will be so seriously epic, should Orko be in it for comic relief? Should Cringer talk? But would you want another set of movies with mostly everyone wiped out. Maybe Skeletor should die at the end, for closure and true peace won on Eternia. At the end, if Skeletor does not die, than everyone else died for nothing, since ultimately he is the true reason for all the pain and suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    I think that it almost has to be an orgin story. Mattel is not wanting to make this movie just for the established fans. They are trying to create a new fan base. An orgin story will help with this creation and minimize the confusion of having a hero and super villian with no back store. I think that was kind of the problem with the filmation series you had all these characters with no story they were just all of a sudden there and the lines were drawn. It is more interesting to see were these characters came from and why they become they way they are.
    To be fair though, how much of an origin do you need? What exactly do you need to know to enjoy the story? Following the Filmation example, they summed up the entire premise and told you everything you needed to know in a 30 odd second intro.

Show where some of the characters came from as the film progresses, sure, but I don't think basing the film on where they came from is necessary.