Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How will they merge the early mini comic He-man with the modern bio of He-man?

How will they merge the early mini comic He-man with the modern bio of He-man?

I was wondering about this, early mini comic He-man came from a small tribe village as we all know and have discussed. But how to merge this savage He-man roots with the Prince Adam era He-man? Here's my thoughts on it, what do you guys think. If this is a over done subject, let me know and I can delete the thread!

The green goddess trains He-Man and during the training the green goddess notices that He-Man bares a stricting resembalence to Prince Adam....... In a raid on the palace, Skeletor kills the real Prince Adam while he was trying to protect the palace, but before anyone notices that the real prince Adam is dead, the Goddess, tells He-Man that she has a quest for him to fullfil. Knowing that he has a duty to protecting Eternia, He-Man accepts her request and becomes the new Prince Adam. The Goddess must train savage He-Man in the ways of the Royal Court.

or maybe Prince Adam was kidnapped early on as well as Adora. Lost during a chase battle and found/raised by the tribe people. Then reunited with his royal family years later after the Goddess finds him/trains him!

Last edited by Faceless Glow; August 19, 2009 at 09:55pm.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I think killing the main character could be detrimental to the line's success.

The best way to retcon it could be that the "He-Man" shown in the comics with the Green Goddess is actually King Greyskull. We don't know about his back story so it could be that he came from a tribe of jungle people.

The Green Goddess could be a precursor to the modern Sorceresses.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

But if this was how it happened, then the Prince Adam that we all know and some love, would in fact be He-Man. So we wouldn't know the difference. So the extra foolishness of Prince Adam would make sense that He-man was over compensating so nobody would know he was in fact He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post

The best way to retcon it could be that the "He-Man" shown in the comics with the Green Goddess is actually King Greyskull. We don't know about his back story so it could be that he came from a tribe of jungle people.

My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

I'd rather not see Adam become a different character who got killed off and became a fake identity for He-Man. They sort of already did the reverse of that when they killed off King Grayskull and had Adam turn into him as He-Man. I don't like that He-Man would no longer be related to Randor and Marlena. Not saying someone couldn't make something out of it, heck they've got a show on where Merlin is younger than King Arthur...but I'd rather see the real Prince Adam in a movie before getting all clever and post modern about it. You wouldn't want to take the first Batman movie and say that he replaced the real Bruce Wayne who died at the hands of the Joker, or Superman replaces the real Clark Kent. The secret identity is part of the character, in some ways is the character, and I don't think that should be messed with. Besides it creates a lot more problems when this twin sister Adora shows up.

I like the idea of a curse being placed upon the kingdom of Eternos, making the people into savages and moving into tribes. The goddess, lures savage Adam into rescuing her, then begins to train him as He-Man. When both sides of the power Sword are joined, and He-Man summons the Power of Grayskull, the spell is broken and the tribespeople return to Eternos under the rule of King Randor.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I don't like how we have two different back stories for He-man. I prefer the mini comic He-Man back story. They need to come up with a merge story that will appeal to the masses as hard as that is to come up with. The first Batman movie is crap, so they can do with that what they want Michael Keaten and Jack Nicholson complete rubbish.....but thats not the point at hand, and I know you were trying to make a point. I'm not trying to argue. I am a huge Batman fan, so I was crushed when those movies damaged my love........they were redeemed by the new movies with Bale.....But any who. This will continue to bother me until they can find a happy merge of the two!

or maybe Prince adam was kidnapped early on as well as Adora. Raised by the tribe people. Then reunited with his royal family years later after the Goddess finds him/trains him!

Maybe they should do it like DC comics, and have a couple of different ETERNIAs in different demensions, and on one, PRINCE ADAM becomes HE-MAN, and on another, HE-MAN is from a savage tribe like in the mini-comics.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Maybe they should do it like DC comics, and have a couple of different ETERNIAs in different demensions, and on one, PRINCE ADAM becomes HE-MAN, and on another, HE-MAN is from a savage tribe like in the mini-comics.
    Thats a cool idea too. I need something, Im just anal like that. Do you think that they(Mattel) will ever address this?

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post

Not a bad idea! I kind of like the idea of Savage He-Man being King Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Like the multiverse! Yeah, that could definitely work. Especially if they worked it out so that the savage He-Man was an older version of him, and the modern He-Man was the younger Prince Adam version of OUR universe similar to Earth-2 Superman and regular Superman.

Realisticly, I think that elements of the original story will be worked in, but Prince Adam being He-Man is the origin that is here to stay. The savage He-Man story could be easily applied to King Grayskull or even Wun-Dar.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Quote Originally Posted by LastEternian View Post
    Like the multiverse! Yeah, that could definitely work. Especially if they worked it out so that the savage He-Man was an older version of him, and the modern He-Man was the younger Prince Adam version of OUR universe similar to Earth-2 Superman and regular Superman.

Realisticly, I think that elements of the original story will be worked in, but Prince Adam being He-Man is the origin that is here to stay. The savage He-Man story could be easily applied to King Grayskull or even Wun-Dar.
    True, I like that and the fact that could have been King Grayskull, except that he meets Man at Arms and Teela. So the multiverse works better. I like my idea of Adam being kidnapped, but then it doesn't coicide completely with the filmation story.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    True, I like that and the fact that could have been King Grayskull, except that he meets Man at Arms and Teela. So the multiverse works better. I like my idea of Adam being kidnapped, but then it doesn't coicide completely with the filmation story.
    You know I think your idea could work. With Hordak watching from Despondos, he could have placed a spell on Randor's family as a sort of revenge against King Grayskull. With various results; Adora abducted, and Adam forgetting who he really is and becoming Savage He-Man It might work?
    Last edited by LastEternian; August 19, 2009 at 11:11pm.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

or maybe Prince Adam was kidnapped early on as well as Adora. Lost during a chase battle and found/raised by the tribe people. Then reunited with his royal family years later after the Goddess finds him/trains him!

__________________[/QUOTE]

I really like this direction.they could work on this topics:

• Adam and Adora were kidnapped.
    • For some reason Adam's kidnap goes wrong and the baby is lost,everybody thinks,he's dead.
    • He is found by a savage tribe, and they decide to raise him,and he bacame a strong warrior, time goes by and they know there is something special about the boy.
    • Some day Adam leaves the tribe searching for who he really is, then he finds the goddess in distress and save her.She identify him, tell him about his royal blood, who is his ancestor and that he will be the castle grayskull main defender.
    • She take him back to his biological family, train him and take him to sorceress to heir the two halfs of the power sword and learn how to merge it.
    • The rest is history...

Sorry for my poor english, hope you are all able to understand!

or Adam could have been kidnapped as a preteen, lost his memory falling from skeletors ship in an escape attempt. Found by the tribe people, lived with them until he met Goddess.....so on

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Look's like you guys forgot that Mattel ALREADY made it fit into Filmation's Adam's story That's ok, Mattel forgot this as well.

excerpt from He-Ro's 1987 origin

Reared under the tuteledge of his mentor, ELDOR, and the tribal chieftess, Sharella, Gray was one day mysteriously drawn to a nearby cave. There, in darkness and in light, he was invested with the newly evolved powers that would change his his life and alter the course of history in Eternia. The exact details of what transpired in that cave have remained secret, but Eldor has made cryptic allusions…references to the boy's mysterious past, to an amazing legacy… and an awesome task which Gray accomplished that day in the cave. By placing one hand on his heart, flexing the other arm into a muscle and incanting, "Magic and strength…tempered by heart!" Gray causes an amazing transformation to occur, becoming the He-Ro of Grayskull and announcing, "I stand for Peace!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

as for my personal interpenetration, a lot of people have said what I have said numerous times over the years:

1) Multiverse. "savage" He-Man is a parallel universe from Filmation's world.
    Years ago I was going to write a story in which Adam & Adora are abducted by Hordak. Adam was lost, raised in tribe and nicknamed He-Man. The fact that he becomes king of Castle Grayskull & Eternia is because he is the lost heir of Randor.

2) The "savage" or pre-Filmation stories are camp fire story versions of Filmation He-man's adventures. (I think Val said this one ages ago!)

3) He-Man is captured in a dream spell/machine. Not knowing that Adam is He-Man, the dream maker creates the world as seen in the first few mini comics until He-Man remembers he is Prince Adam breaking the dream spell/machine. This was another story I wanted to write but never finished.

4) Pre Filmation story get's retconed as King Grayskull's or He-Ro's origin story. Grayskull tower replaces Castle Grayskull. Teela is Veena. "Duncan" becomes an ancient Man of Arms. Skeletor would be Hordak. Beastman would be Grizzlor. Mer-Man would be Leech. Stratos would be an ancient Avion.

I like all of them, and all of them are things I have considered over the years.
    It's odd to see other people make the same conclusions...
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    In my personal vision savage He-man, where he came from and how he got his powers, are just a tale to justify to Eternians who (of course) do not know about the He-man secret identity. The legend is merged with reality when He-man and MAA got Teela free from Skeletor. This would be my way to connect early mini comics to filmation versions, as in this tale MAA is the first one to meet He-man (excluded the Goddess) and he also is one of the few to know the true identity of He-man.

I think that how to connect those different canons is one of the most interesting thing in MOTUC line.
    Last edited by darkluke74; August 27, 2009 at 02:55am.

There are some good ideas here!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    as for my personal interpenetration, a lot of people have said what I have said numerous times over the years:

1) Multiverse. "savage" He-Man is a parallel universe from Filmation's world.
    Years ago I was going to write a story in which Adam & Adora are abducted by Hordak. Adam was lost, raised in tribe and nicknamed He-Man. The fact that he becomes king of Castle Grayskull & Eternia is because he is the lost heir of Randor.
    This is how I see things. The main story I like is He-Man discovers he is Adam. How he got there isn't necessarily from Hordak, he may have been purposely hidden by Randor.
    I kind of have to accept a "multiverse" thing as well to some degree since I like the MYP show so much. But I like a mixture of both of those versions too...

I would like it if they took a page out of Tarzan's book and made Prince Adam like Lord Greystoke. Perhaps he was stranded as a child in a savage jungle and raised as He-Man, but was later shown his true identity by the goddess who brought him back to civilization, putting a spell on him so that he forgot about his savage upbringing as a way of making up for all the lost years. After being brought back to the Eternian court, perhaps Randor and Marlena received him back as their son, but there was a rift between them because of the years of separation and the fact that Adam seemed to flout the royal ways of Eternia. Maybe he seemed too unrefined and "savage", and they knew it would take several years of re-education until he fitted in completely into this new society. However, one day, when trouble reared its ugly head, the goddess (now having taken on a new role as Sorceress of Castle Greyskull) directed Adam to rediscover his alternate identity as He-Man and gave him the power sword which, whenever he held it up, would break the spell, and He-Man would be restored.

Of course, I was never a fan of Adam and preferred the mini comics version, but since we're stuck with him, that's the best I could come up with.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I thought Mattel was making a brand new continuity. It seems that Mattel is making the best of all the worlds and putting it together. I mean, we have King Grayskull along with He-ro. We have our 2 favorite Zodaks together.

The Green Goddess can fit in a universe where the Sorceress exist. She can have a different role instead of being the watcher over Grayskull. In fact, I was thinking that she might be the predecessor to the sorceress.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    The original mini-comic origin does work well being retconned in as King Grayskull's origin, and I have also always had a soft-spot for the idea that Adam was lost as a child and raised by the savage tribe, before becoming He-Man and rediscovering his origin. Didn't the DC comic have some kind of savage tribe and a warrior friend of He-Man's in them as well?

When I first came up with this idea several years back, my idea was that; Adam was raised to a preteen as prince, captured by either Hordak or Skeletor, escaped during some explosive event, raised to adulthood by the tribes of the Sands of Time, left to battle the evil forces, made a name for himself under his tribal 'He-man' name, joined the Powersword to use against the growing threat, regained his memory of his nobility, and was changed by Sorceress to a 'softer' version (possible upbringing of wealth and laziness) of himself as a disguise to protect his family.
    I have yet to like any story that includes the King Grayskull character. I think it detracts from He-man as being a hero in his own right, instead of being a hand-me-down.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea of King Grayskull as a precursor to He-Man more than He-Ro in the role, because the basic idea of King G fits with the original mini-comics idea that they are waiting for the rightful king to claim the throne of Castle Grayskull, which obviously He-Man is going to eventually do.

But then again, I never actually watched more than a few episodes of the MYP cartoon and have no real feelings towards King G being the source of the power or anything like that, beyond the general impression that it was a bit anti-climactic

In my mind the power came first, King Grayskull was just the first person to weild it.

What if they just didn't make Prince Adam??

If you want both stories rolled into one seamless story, I think it could be done as this below. Have also added where I'm getting my ideas from.

Prince Adam has grown up to be an 17 year old spoilt lazy brat due to the relative calm in Eternia since his father brought peace by sealing off the dark hemisphere behind the mystic wall.(2002 series)On his 18th birthday Man at arms takes him to grayskull where the sorceress reveals his destiny as he-man although it will not happen for a few years. In the meantime, prince adam, to prepare for his destiny travels to a faraway village, living as a barbarian stripped of his wealth and luxury, begins to mature into a responible adult and through the green goddess(IMO this is teela from the future having suceeded her mother in being the sorceress and knowing he-man is Adam), a resident of the village begins to train Adam in being a warrior. Once Adam completes his training the goddess gives him his harness and axe. Adam uses these gifts and the alias of he-man until he proves himself worthy (mini comics)at which point he is called back to grayskull to receive the power sword. Prince Adam returns to the palace ala filmation era but chooses to act cowardly and lazy despite him being an intelligent and brave warrior. At this point mystic wall is breached and continues however you see fit at this point.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw