Thread: MOTUC Buzz Saw Hordak discussion

MOTUC Buzz Saw Hordak discussion

Yes, I did a search and am surprised there was never a thread created for BS Hordak in Classics.

I was inspired by the new Rio Blast. The Classics Buzz Saw would have a fold down chest panel like Classics Rio, but with no action feature or hole in chest. It would be the basic male buck with simply new armor. The buzz saw could then be placed on the panel after it's pulled down.

Here's my great idea, though:

The Classics Buzz Saw Hordak armor would go all the way down to the belt, unlike the regular Hordak with his "belly shirt" armor to allow ab-crunch. I HATED the belly-shirt armor on OG Hordak, this would make me happy.

ALSO: they could do a two-for-one deal: MOTUC BS Hordak would have BLUE skin and FILMation Hordak head sculpt! Yay?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

This will be probably moved to the Speculation thread, but I agree on combining BS Hordak with Filmation Hordak to Justify this variant. If they play it smart, they can make his arms removable to swap with the arm cannon so he can be "Truly Filmation." Also for those who prefer a Gray BS Hordak they could swap the Torso Armor with Normal Hordak.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Yep, moved to Speculation. There was actually an old combined Hurrican/Buzz-Saw thread, but I'll leave this separate as Hurricane was made.

Thanks JonWes. Anyway, I just thought of another gimmick for the figure: a swappable horde face on the armor: one regular and another a smiley face (from the mini-comic when Hordak first entered Central Tower, he became "good" and has a smiley-face on his chest emblem). It would be silly and fun, but a nice little homage.

And as DO4M stated, the armor could be mixed with OG Hordak for the complete vintage look.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'd be most happy to see this released with the action feature intact.

Not only do I (and I have since the first MOTUC Hordak) want Filmation so terribly bad I, and above just about everyone other than Songster, but I just dont need the last few variants.

Sure, give me a Slime Pit He-Man (servant of the Horde), Filmation Hordak, & Vintage Toy Catra.

But terror claw flying fist buzzsaw ect?....man just no, or after 2015.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Release Filmation Hordak and name him "Buzz Saw Hordak" on the card. I don't want another grey Hordak.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I doubt we will see any more vintage toy variants of Hordak or She-Ra (and none of Catra) based on how poorly Hurricane Hordak and Bubble Power She-Ra seemed to perform.

Filmation Hordak would probably include Imp or body part accessories and could have its own unique armor sculpt.

I think the most likely way we would get Buzz-Saw Hordak's armor and saw would be in a post-2015 weapons pak.

I love the idea that it could be sculpted longer to cover the abs like the Fisto armor. Although looking at more recent releases such as Clamp Champ, someone at Mattel must think it is funny to design figures so you can see the belly button.

Now that I think about it, Mattel should offer it as a promotional item. I would buy an old, carded Hurricane Hordak bundled with the new, poly-bagged Buzz-Saw Hordak armor and saw for the right price. Might bug MOC collectors, but better than nothing.
    Last edited by ShadowBeast; February 20, 2014 at 12:28pm.

I'd take it exactly as you described, VZX!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!