Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage style line instead of 12inch

Vintage style line instead of 12inch

I don't know how to do a poll on here and if it's needed but how about a vintage line that has been talked on here before, like getting He-Ro, Fangman, or even redo figures like NA, POP, and so on in the style of vintage motu instead of a few possible 12 inch ones. Maybe a 2 pack of 1 reissue and 1 new like He-man/He-Ro or vs like He-Ro vs a filmation Hordak - King Grayskull vs King Hssss - Filmation She-Ra vs Vintage Hordak. So if a poll could be done, how about it

This would be my dream come true. An expansion of the original line would just blow my mind. The first figure could be a giant turd wearing boots and I wouldn't complain in the least.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

I would love reissues of the originals but with leg joints (like Flying Fists He-Man, Snout Spout, etc.) instead of those crappy black bands. Never released figures like He-Ro would be nice too.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy vintage re-issues in a heartbeat. I personally wouldn't want for 12" but would love vintage scaled re-issues with updated leg joints. Great idea!

Elder Councilman
    I'd be all for it; bring on Keldor, Queen Marlena, He-Ro, Eldor, Adora, etc.

I'd also take the 12" though
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I would only be interested in brand new vintage style figures. But I would only want a line like this once Classics is officially retired. I will not collet both at the same time.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

No thanks. That would be like taking a huge step backwards in my mind.

If there ever is another MOTU series I would love it to be in the 3.75-4 inch scale done in the Marvel Universe style. Now, we all know Mattel does not know how to make a decent small scale action figure so this is likely never to happen. But think of all the possibilities...

Vintage style shadow weaver and maybe razz please!!!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Why would anyone want toys with 1984 sculpting technology?
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

It will be great if Mattel make some "Vintage MOTU Figures", but than only the ones that wasn't released previously, but released as MOTU Classics. For example Shadow Weavor!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Same reason why folks want the 1970s styled Alien, Predator, Goonies, Back to the Future, etc. figures.

I'd be totally in for such a line! They could also produce stuff like a vintage Skeletor based on the cross-sell art, as if that one would've been part of a 1989 series. Plus, smaller size (compared to MotUC), fewer parts and fewer paint apps would make those figures be significantly cheaper to produce. I seriously don't get why they don't at least give that a try through an exclusive figure or 2-pack.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

No. I would have no interest in those primitive figures.

Who says they need to be primitive?
    It would be a continuation of the vintage line with figures people wanted as a kid but for whom the rights weren't there and are now (ie Filmation) that people can display mint on card or loose depending on their vintage collection.
    They don't have to do a whole new line maybe a Shadow Weaver in vintage scale for an SDCC exclusive or similar. It's a bit of fun!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    No thanks. That would be like taking a huge step backwards in my mind.

If there ever is another MOTU series I would love it to be in the 3.75-4 inch scale done in the Marvel Universe style. Now, we all know Mattel does not know how to make a decent small scale action figure so this is likely never to happen. But think of all the possibilities...
    That is one MOTU line I'll never buy, I hate 4" figures, actually always have. Too damn small and anorexic looking for my taste. I just now have a Star Wars line to collect thanks to Black's 6" line. I never owned Joe, Star Wars...I did have MASK, but I played with the vehicles more than the figures. G1 Transformers (at least the Mini Bots transformed), MOTU, Thundercats, TMNT and Centurions were the size of figures I played with, and still like, something with some meat to them. When I realized just how damn big the MOTUC figures were....I loved it. They take room to display, but I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Um, because people do collect Vintage styled toys, even if they are reissues....there's a whole market for Vintage toys new and old, big or small.... Why do you think Gentle Giant is making 12" Vintage based figures, and Mattel is considering it? Hell Star Wars has a Vintage line on Kenner styled cards. People do like it, and they will buy it.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

No. I don't want that. I don't want Funko's Reaction stuff either. If that's where nostalgia is taking us then I think this is my stop.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Vintage style He-Ro, Marlena or Shadow Weaver can be the dream of many collectors, but my money will go with MOTUC. Ill buy a vintage He-Ro if is a convention exclusive.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    This was what I hoped would happen before Classics came along. But now we have Classics, the appeal of the old figures reissued is less for me. I wouldn't say no, but I probably wouldn't collect them while still spending money on Classics. I think these would almost certainly be an even smaller niche than Classics, so I don't think it's likely to happen. The Commemorative line didn't last for long.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    No. I would have no interest in those primitive figures.
    They still have tons of playability, especially for young kids like we were at one time. Less moving parts, easier to stand. My 4 year old loves my Vintage Two Bad and Mantenna, and loves to put the eyes up and down on him, and snap the punch on Two Bad....Kids would love to play with these things.

Primitive? my Vintage figures still stand easier than many of my early MOTUC figures do. And, they aren't broken, rotted or cracked. primitive beats Roboto, Goddess and Photog, and you never had to deal with reversed shoulders unless you put the arms on backwards, and, if you couldn't tell that happened, you needed glasses. Funny how a 30 year old Snout Spout is still fully playable, yet many are afraid to touch the snout on the MOTUC one.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

No. I don't think ANY resources should be wasted on vintage, including this colossal waste of plastic on giant mutant vintage figures. Absolutely don't understand this. 12" in classics style maybe, but vintage seems like a huge waste to me...it will flop for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    This was what I hoped would happen before Classics came along. But now we have Classics, the appeal of the old figures reissued is less for me. I wouldn't say no, but I probably wouldn't collect them while still spending money on Classics. I think these would almost certainly be an even smaller niche than Classics, so I don't think it's likely to happen. The Commemorative line didn't last for long.
    Not everyone knew about the Commemorative line, I never saw one figure from the line, not one anywhere. If I had, I certainly would have bought them, I wanted a Faker since I was a kid, I had to wait until Classics came, and he was like the third figure I bought once I found out he existed....but had I known about the Comm series....I certainly would have jumped right on that.

Not sure I'd personally collect them now because I have Classics, but if not for Classics, I certainly would jump all over this. But for my Son....it would be a perfect line, and yes, I would likely buy into it for him. I had a lot of fun with the VIntage figures, and I was 7, he is 4, he'd absolutely love them.
    Recent....Eldor
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I would definitely be in for this.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

Heroic Warrior
    Zero interest, the idea to produce figures with less articulation, worse sculpts, and less accessories just makes no sense to me? And yet some companies put out inferior figures and some people buy them up? If they are released it will just save me more money.

I'm not really interested, I have a few vintage and once in a while I get 1 or 2 if the price is right! If they come up with the 12" figures I'll probably get main characters but I'm not investing more $$$ in toys, MOTUC is my main focus right now.

I would rather have the 12" line.

My point for this was would you want a few high price 12inch figures that would want some fans wanting their favorites or vintage style figures that we never had. I you had a choice to pick between the two. Scott says we're the ones that keep MOTU alive, and while I would like MOTUC to keep going , if it ends it's either 12 inch or vintage style. Let's voice what we would want more whether it's these or something different.

I personally would want vintage but not for me, but for 4 year old. His 2 favorite toys are Ninja Turtles and my old He-Man toys, he does like the 200x ones but the vintage ones more. He's always asking for characters that don't have a figure, so maybe I'm a little selfish for wanting these for my son over higher priced 12 inch figures of the same style.
    I think if these went to retail kids would want these type more, and what I mean is this type of articulated figures. When I go to the store (walmart, target, toys r us, or any other store that has toys, the figures I see on the shelves mostly are high articulated ones. This may not mean a lot but it seems like with my kids and their friends that come over they like the more simple movement ones, and my 10 year old has a lot of the marvel legends and prefers the smaller, less articulated ones.