Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRAVESTARR in the MOTUC?

Hybrid View

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

BRAVESTARR in the MOTUC?

I always loved that MOTU universe was very anachronistic. We can see together people from the barbarian ages together with sci-fi technology. MOTU also includes knights, ninjas and cowboys.

When I was young I liked the Bravestarr figures but I passed on them because they werenīt MOTU staff. Now I see that they have a great potential and they can fit very well on MOTUC. Mattel is the owner of the toyline, so is very easy to expand the western MOTU toys.

HEROES
    Rioblast
    Marshall Bravestarr
    Handle Bar

VILLAINS

Tex Hex
    Sand Storm
    Thunder Stick

For bigger pictures visit my Bravestarr album:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=434
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; August 21, 2009 at 07:30am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Oh no No Bravestarr in MOTUC please! I don't like these ugly characters, sorry for that!

I donīt oppose this idea, since Rio Blast can relate to those characters and I think it would be nice to see some of these characters done in Motuc style.
    But I also say that Motuc has a universe so rich from where to draw characters from that it wont really need any characters from another lines, but I would certainly like to see a Motuc Tex Hex and Bravestar but not at the expense of some Motu characters, if they were like bonus figures I would be certainly interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    I would certainly like to see a Motuc Tex Hex and Bravestar but not at the expense of some Motu characters, if they were like bonus figures I would be certainly interested.
    Im with you, I like to see this characters in order to expand MOTU Mythos, but they have to be bonus figures.

Since Barbie and Ken are also mattel products we should put them as well into MOTU Classics collection.
    Last edited by Urosinho; August 21, 2009 at 08:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by Urosinho View Post
    Since Barbie and Ken are as well mattel products we should put them as well into MOTU Classics collection.

I donīt know how you see Barbie and Ken as fantasy adventure or sci-fi characters... where did that came from?
    Bravestar at least can be related to Motuc in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    I donīt know how you see Barbie and Ken as fantasy adventure or sci-fi characters... where did that came from?
    What do you have against Barbie?

Since Barbie and Ken are also mattel products we should put them as well into MOTU Classics collection.

That is why they're going to make a Teela and She-Ra barbie that were announced at SDCC then?

-----------------------------------------------------

I would love to see Bravestarr and tex hex made IN THE SAME STYLE. I think Mattel would do well if they made a spin off line and got licences to do more of such characters from the 80s in the MOTUC style. Things like thundercats, Yayce and the wheeled warriors, centurions and even Jem. Just make the core characters and keep them in the same scale as MOTUC. It's a surefire hit in my eyes.
    Take MOTUC back to 1 figure a month and do one of these every second month. I'm sure they could get the licences after the staggering success of MOTUC
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Heroic Warrior
    That is why they're going to make a Teela and She-Ra barbie that were announced at SDCC then?
    Oh, no ! PLEASE don't tell me they're going to release She-Ra and other POP characters as Barbie dolls only !

What about MOTUC then ?

If THIS is going on, I bet we can say farewell to POP characters and even NA characters too...

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    That's not what was announced at SDCC...

Someone asked if there were any plans for She-Ra/POP Barbies, and they said they would let the Girls Department know there's interest. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. (but I hope it does)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Oh, no ! PLEASE don't tell me they're going to release She-Ra and other POP characters as Barbie dolls only !

What about MOTUC then ?

If THIS is going on, I bet we can say farewell to POP characters and even NA characters too...
    ??? Why would you think that was a possiblity?

MOTUC Adora is part of the 2010 subscription She-Ra is also coming in 2010 as part of the MOTUC line.
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 23, 2009 at 08:27am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    As I stated in the "Blackstar in MOTUC line" thread, I would say no to Bravestarr in the MOTUC line. There are still too many viable MOTU characters left to do in the line before it starts branching out into other lines and franchises. Maybe in 5 years when Mattel is down to releasing various Widgets and Trollans then we can discuss scouring other properties. But for right now I say concentrate on the MOTU.
    I think Bravestarr in the line would be pretty cool but I agree we should get through the major MOTU characters first.
    However, I would prefer they just kept to Bravestarr and maybe Tex Hex. I personally never cared for any of the other characters. And for the love of god I pray we NEVER see Fuzz. Anyone who though Orko was annoying must've missed Fuzz ><

- - - Updated - - -

My argument is that unlike Barbie and Ken, Bravestarr has a design and set-up that's very similar to MOTU. Heck, I've often described Bravestarr as "He-Man with a cowboy theme."

NOW that Rio Blast is out, what about a Marshall Bravestarr VS Tex Hex 2 pack using MOTUC buck?

RioBlast_04.jpg
    spd_2006091501816_b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Im with you, I like to see this characters in order to expand MOTU Mythos, but they have to be bonus figures.
    It`s expanded enough without having to bring in other properties, hence the new bio`s

Can we send Rio Blast to the Bravestarr universe instead?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Here, here!

I've always felt that Rio Blast never fit in MOTUC. I know MOTU seemed to stretch across alot of genres, but if an Egyptain Sorceress or Snake King is a huge stretch, I don't know how fans could accept American cowboys from Texas.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    YES PLEASE!!!! A BraveStarr Classics Line that fit's well with MOTUC is definitely ACCEPTABLE!

I always considered BraveStarr as part of MOTU but just a different dimension or world. Which it is!

Vipra can sssssoooo passss as a ssssnake woman!

While we're at it, a BLACKSTAR Classics line is good too! I can have a Mara vs. Evil-Lyn fight!

Whenever we get Evil-Lyn anyways?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I have to pass on Bravestarr. It's bad enough we are getting POP figures.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    I have to pass on Bravestarr. It's bad enough we are getting POP figures.
    Agreed. I will take a classics Rio Blast tho.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    . . . I always considered BraveStarr as part of MOTU but just a different dimension or world. Which it is!

Vipra can sssssoooo passss as a ssssnake woman!

While we're at it, a BLACKSTAR Classics line is good too!
    How about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Astronauts John Blackstar and Marlena Glenn discover a Lorentzian wormhole while surveying a geodesic anomaly in space-time, and are unable to overcome its gravity. The particles emitted by the photon-drive of the ship piloted by John Blackstar disrupt the umbilicus of the wormhole, transporting him to Sagar, and the Rainbow Warrior piloted by Marlena Glenn to Eternia.

Planetary marshall of New Texas, Lucas Conway, retires after his deputy, Rio Blast, is crippled in an accident. Rio Blast travels to Eternia where he is fitted with cybernetic enhancements by Man-At-Arms, and Bravestarr replaces Conway as planetary marshall of New Texas.

Vipra, a Repton with the power to hypnotize, travels to New Texas to retrieve the Lost Book of the Ancients, which contains a spell that will free her ancestors, the Snakemen, from the Void.

Id love to see new versions of Blackstar by the 4H.
    Especially the the villains and all the main characters.
    I dont think Id mind Bravestarr either as long as it doesnt detrack from MOTU and She-ra. Dungeons and Dragons and the D&D the animated series characters would be cool too.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    How about this:

Astronauts John Blackstar and Marlena Glenn discover a Lorentzian wormhole while surveying a geodesic anomaly in space-time, and are unable to overcome its gravity. The particles emitted by the photon-drive of the ship piloted by John Blackstar disrupt the umbilicus of the wormhole, transporting him to Sagar, and the Rainbow Warrior piloted by Marlena Glenn to Eternia.

Planetary marshall of New Texas, Lucas Conway, retires after his deputy, Rio Blast, is crippled in an accident. Rio Blast travels to Eternia where he is fitted with cybernetic enhancements by Man-At-Arms, and Bravestarr replaces Conway as planetary marshall of New Texas.

Vipra, a Repton with the power to hypnotize, travels to New Texas to retrieve the Lost Book of the Ancients, which contains a spell that will free her ancestors, the Snakemen, from the Void.
    Yes! I love this! Mattel needs a "Mattel-verse!"

I do admit however, that we have barely scratched the surface with He-Man/She-Ra/200x, and NA universe that I want Bravestarr added, but not at the expense of MOTUC characters proper. Bonus figure? Absolutely.

No one's pointed it out yet, but in the 80s, Bravestarr and Tex Hex both shared the exact same body. Tex Hex would need very little in the way of new tooling needed for a toy.

Vipra and Rio Blast VERY MUCH come across as great crossover characters. Rio Blast looks likes he stepped out of New Texas, and a female hypnotizing Snake Woman? Perfect!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't know how fans could accept American cowboys from Texas.
    Because as a stereotype, us Texans are pretty cool! Well, at least I am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Oooh, I don't think Rio Blast will take too kindly on being demoted to the minor leagues of the Bravestarr universe. He would probably think it was beneath him and would think he was "slumming" it. I think he'd want to stay where the moolah and the dames are at...the MOTU universe (redundant?).
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 21, 2009 at 12:24pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Whatever takes Rio Blast out of MotU! Damn I hate that character. It's just so out of place that I think I'll skip him if he'll ever comes out in MotUC, and I'm collecting all so far, but when Rio or the Meteorbs come out, I'll probably change my strategy. I'd rather get Gwildor and I hate Gwildor as well. Actually I think Rio Blast killed the line!

I'm not against a "Bravestarr Classics" for the fans (even though I don't think it would be very successful), but please, not with the MotUC tag.

He-Ro was never produced but was conceived for MotU, wheter people like the concept or not. Stonedar and Rokkon were a part of MotU regardless of how much they were copied from Transformers. Same with the meteorbs, even though I hope they never make these ones in classics, simply because they suck

I'd like to see Sandstorm and Vypra (snakewoman).