Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BRAVESTARR in the MOTUC?

Bravestarr and Tex Hex are definitely must haves for me
    I'd love to see them in the MOTUC line or in their own line!
    It could be like how Matt Trakker of M.A.S.K. was included into the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joe line.
    They will sure fit in with Rio Blast

Bravestarr and Thundercats are very welcome as MOTUC crossovers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Can we send Rio Blast to the Bravestarr universe instead?

Whatever takes Rio Blast out of MotU! Damn I hate that character. It's just so out of place that I think I'll skip him if he'll ever comes out in MotUC, and I'm collecting all so far, but when Rio or the Meteorbs come out, I'll probably change my strategy. I'd rather get Gwildor and I hate Gwildor as well. Actually I think Rio Blast killed the line!

I'm not against a "Bravestarr Classics" for the fans (even though I don't think it would be very successful), but please, not with the MotUC tag.

He-Ro was never produced but was conceived for MotU, wheter people like the concept or not. Stonedar and Rokkon were a part of MotU regardless of how much they were copied from Transformers. Same with the meteorbs, even though I hope they never make these ones in classics, simply because they suck

I'd like to see Sandstorm and Vypra (snakewoman).

Heroic Warrior
    I always hated Bravestar! Nothing against those who like that line by any means, but I'd prefer MOTU stay MOTU, we've got enough great characters.

I suppose if every MOTU character was redone then I'd be game, but right now to be honest it would just irritate me because it would delay my Spikor even more

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I would love to see Bravestarr and Tex hex integrated into MOTU. They always felt like they were part of the same universe, especially considering Rio-Blast. I love pretty much all of the diversity in MOTU. You can have barbarians, demons, samurai, knights, egyptian themed sorcerors, cyborgs, and saber toothed cats, so I don't see why cowboys are so much of a stretch. The only stuff I'm not too keen on are the really high-tech things: Roboto, Extendar, many of the vehicles, and any kind of space travel really don't appeal to me.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've always felt that Rio Blast never fit in MOTUC. I know MOTU seemed to stretch across alot of genres, but if an Egyptain Sorceress or Snake King is a huge stretch, I don't know how fans could accept American cowboys from Texas.
    but they're not from Texas....they're on another planet, same as motu, if i recall.
    If Eternia can have 'humans', then why not cowboys? Bravestarr would easily fit right in with the motu characters, no problem. I'm sure on other planets there'd be alot of similarities to Earth culture. Hard to believe, i know. BTW, aren't all/most of the motu characters based on Earth animals or themes anyway? then why would a cowboy be any different, from a ninja or barbarian? they are just as Earthly as a cowboy, yet no one gripes over ninjor & He-man.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward View Post
    I don't care how it happens. Bravestarr is a must!
    agreed!!! I liked him enough back in the day to get BS & his horse. they're about the only toys from that time that I still have complete & in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Im totally agree. I donīt want that any Bravestarr figures takes the place of a MOTU (specially when I prefer POP characters), but I wonder if they can be done in a parallel line, with the same MOTUC style and totally compatible if they have the fan support.
    Exactly. I'd love to have Bravestarr figures in the same scale as motuc, so they'd be compatible together. Ideally, they should be done as a seperate line & not be 'officially' part of motu. Either way, if they can bring them back I'm all for it.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Can't stand Ninjor, Bravestarr can have him too if they want.

I would be interested in Rio Blast and Bravestarr, but that's about it. I'm already not thrilled with getting POP and NA figures in the line.

Yes, Bravestarr & Tex Hex in MOTUC please! And, dare I dream, 30/30!

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    I would love to see Bravestarr and Tex hex integrated into MOTU. They always felt like they were part of the same universe, especially considering Rio-Blast. I love pretty much all of the diversity in MOTU. You can have barbarians, demons, samurai, knights, egyptian themed sorcerors, cyborgs, and saber toothed cats, so I don't see why cowboys are so much of a stretch. The only stuff I'm not too keen on are the really high-tech things: Roboto, Extendar, many of the vehicles, and any kind of space travel really don't appeal to me.
    Yes, I always just assumed that Rio Blast was a Galactic Marshall like Bravestarr, and just didn't wear the hat. He wore the same colours as Bravestarr.
    Last edited by King Miro; August 21, 2009 at 11:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'd be all for it. I think a lot of people are far too negative on these types of ideas because they think these characters will "take away spots" from whomever fits into their version of MOTU, but later on down the line when that list of characters is growing quite thin, then why not toss in some Bravestarr or Blackstar or the Thundercats. Or if that would make too many people's heads explode with all of those characters coming in under one banner then do a seperate line for the Thundercats (obviously) and another line like Ulisses31 suggested and call it Mattel Classics or Cartoon Universe Classics or something like that. Then everyone wins.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses31 View Post
    Why not a new toy line from Mattel for that kind of toys that Mattel own the rights, but donīt have the strength to be released alone?

I would call it MATTEL Classics.
    Thats kind of a neat idea! That would be awesome!

Undecided. I'd like to see remakes of bravestar, but they do fit into MOTUC line somehow.
    Skeletor teaming up with Tex Hex would definitely be awesome

Heroic Warrior
    As I said before...

I have no connection at all to Bravestar, Blackstar, or any other 'star', and personally wouldn't want them, or any other non-MOTU related character as part of the MOTU line. There are way too many great MOTU characters still yet to be made to start bringing in characters from outside properties in some lame crossover attempt, and force feed them into MOTU, at least in my opinion.

Now if Matty wants to make another seperate line and release such characters, using similar scale and sculpting as MOTU, for fans of those characters, and thus allowing those who want said characters to buy them and incorporate them into their own personal collections and mythos, then that I have absolutely no problem with, just leave the MOTU line strictly for MOTU characters, that's all I ask, at least until we have gotten to a point where all of the name MOTU characters have been made.

Just my opinion.

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    ]I would love to see Bravestarr figure, maybe as bonus but just Bravestarr.

I also like the idea of Mattel Classics, maybe they can even try
    Captain Power.

I always loved Bravestarr but the figures would be really cool just have to find a way to get the dvd's. I think they are out of print right?
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Warrior
    Instead of having Bravestarr in MOTUC, wouldn't it be more logical that Mattel would start a Blackstar line ?

Let's be a little bit realistic, here : there are still so many MOTU/POP/NA characters to be made that if Mattel makes them all as figures, we'll be very lucky.

We don't need other figure in MOTUC : the MOTU universe is rich enough

So why trying to add more figures that are not part of MOTU (agreed, Bravestarr is another line with MOTU-like inspiration and with cool characters, but a different brand and a different collection) ?

This might actually cause the fall of MOTUC. And we don't want that, right ?

(PS : yes, I believe a "Mattel Classics" line, besides MOTUC, would be something more interesting in the future - under the condition that it's sold to retailers and that we won't be forced to go through Matty aggravations to get the figures, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

This is a great idea - but, given that in the case of BraveStarr, the concept and characters were all Filmation-created with the toyline license given to Mattel (as opposed to MOTU and POP which were Mattel-created and turned into cartoons by Filmation), the characters are probably all owned by Entertainment Rights, and thus not realistically worth the expense to Mattel to re-acquire the license to make them.

Take care...
    Classic Media owns the Filmation library. Entertainment Rights is out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Classic Media owns the Filmation library. Entertainment Rights is out of the picture.
    Can't wait for the MOTU two pack DVD set that has Christopher Crocodile in it...
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Good. I just hope Classic Media is trying to work a deal to get He-Man back out on the Market.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to see some of the "MAIN" characters from these lines incorporated. From Bravestarr it would be Bravestarr, Tex-hex, and the cyborg-horse. From Blackstar it would be Blackstar, Mega-evil, and flying dragon. Thundercats... Ok, I want all the Thundercats and Mumm-ra.

Honestly, I like these characters better than I ever liked NA, most PoP, and Extendar...

Also NOBODY demotes a cowboy with THAT many guns... He wants to stay on Eternia... He STAYS on Eternia!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'd love to see some of the "MAIN" characters from these lines incorporated. From Bravestarr it would be Bravestarr, Tex-hex, and the cyborg-horse. From Blackstar it would be Blackstar, Mega-evil, and flying dragon. Thundercats... Ok, I want all the Thundercats and Mumm-ra.
    Now Bravestarr I can even understand people claim (even if it's the one that fits less in the MotU universe imho), because it's a Mattel property. But why would Mattel buy the rights to Blackstar, or the much more sucessful Thundercats, and include those in the MotUC line? It simply makes no sense. Why not ask for Captain Planet, Ninja Turtles and the Smurfs to join MotUC in the meantime? Imagination is the limit.

Really, people can dream as much as they want, but none of this is gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    Can't stand Ninjor, Bravestarr can have him too if they want.
    I don't think even Bravestarr would want Ninjor Man in the late runs Mattel released some way absurd characters! And that was what was really killen teh liehn!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Representing Rio Blastians!!! Always been one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Urosinho View Post
    Since Barbie and Ken are also mattel products we should put them as well into MOTU Classics collection.

That is why they're going to make a Teela and She-Ra barbie that were announced at SDCC then?

-----------------------------------------------------

I would love to see Bravestarr and tex hex made IN THE SAME STYLE. I think Mattel would do well if they made a spin off line and got licences to do more of such characters from the 80s in the MOTUC style. Things like thundercats, Yayce and the wheeled warriors, centurions and even Jem. Just make the core characters and keep them in the same scale as MOTUC. It's a surefire hit in my eyes.
    Take MOTUC back to 1 figure a month and do one of these every second month. I'm sure they could get the licences after the staggering success of MOTUC
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Heroic Warrior
    That is why they're going to make a Teela and She-Ra barbie that were announced at SDCC then?
    Oh, no ! PLEASE don't tell me they're going to release She-Ra and other POP characters as Barbie dolls only !

What about MOTUC then ?

If THIS is going on, I bet we can say farewell to POP characters and even NA characters too...