Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BRAVESTARR in the MOTUC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Wasn't a crossover planned back in the day? I think I read something about that somewhere but don't remember where.
    No, no crossover planned, but the whole Bravestarr concept originated at Filmation as another He-Man spinn-off.
    He-Man was supposed to appear at the beginning of the series and be the inspiration for Bravestarr to become a Marshall (or something like that, I'd need to reread the documents)

Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    That is why they're going to make a Teela and She-Ra barbie that were announced at SDCC then?
    That's not what was announced at SDCC...

Someone asked if there were any plans for She-Ra/POP Barbies, and they said they would let the Girls Department know there's interest. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. (but I hope it does)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Oh, no ! PLEASE don't tell me they're going to release She-Ra and other POP characters as Barbie dolls only !

What about MOTUC then ?

If THIS is going on, I bet we can say farewell to POP characters and even NA characters too...
    ??? Why would you think that was a possiblity?

MOTUC Adora is part of the 2010 subscription She-Ra is also coming in 2010 as part of the MOTUC line.
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 23, 2009 at 08:27am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'd love to see a few Bravestarr characters turn up in MOTUC, or even a few as their own colelctor line on Matty. There are a few great character designs for some characters, and it was a pretty cool show.

Heroic Warrior
    I like these sort of discussions - they're fun. Not to be taken too seriously.

BraveStarr and Blackstar would be cool to be added into the MOTU mythos. As soon as the mythos incorporated POP and other planets such as Etheria, then.

I wouldn't feel happy about Thundercats being part of the mythos though. I know Mattel want the licence.

Bravestar and Blackstar fro MOTU. Yep. Thumbs up.

Heroic Warrior
    I like these type threads too. The funny thing is it always shows which of us have imagination and actually like to get down with their toys as opposed to other collectors that may do this for whatever alterior reasons. I wouldn't mind seeing Bravestarr, Tex Hex, and Thirty-thirty in the MOTUC line. I need as many space-faring characters as I can get because my collection will focus mostly around Zodak and Wun-Dar when they're released. That nefarious Wun-Dar is gonna cause all types of trouble!

Mattel def needs the rights to the Thundercats too. Even though they need to be the exact same style and scale as MOTUC (becuase y'know I'm throwing them all in one mix), the Cats need their own line we can subscribe to.

Who ever thought when you grew up, along with rent, utilities, cable, and phone, there would also be a monthly Mattel bill.

Just as Hasbro brought in Matt Trakker to the G.I.Joe line, Bravestarr could fit in. I don't have a problem with a toy line including a character or more characters from another toy line the parent company owns if that said toy line could not make it on it's own. Or if the toy company thinks it couldn't and figures that's the only way they can put something out. I still feel that a full scale relaunch of MASK would work with it's own toy line, but Hasbro doesn't think so. Since that's the case, at least they made Matt Trakker. In that same idea, if that's the best Mattel could do for the Bravestarr fans, at least they'd get him that way.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    Now Bravestarr I can even understand people claim (even if it's the one that fits less in the MotU universe imho), because it's a Mattel property. But why would Mattel buy the rights to Blackstar, or the much more sucessful Thundercats, and include those in the MotUC line? It simply makes no sense.
    Blame MYP Ever since I saw the Chief Lion guy in the 200x series, I've been thinking Thundercats crossover!

Thundercats MIGHT be able to be line all its own... but they REALLY didn't have a lot of figures. Maybe 10 thundercats and 8 mutants? Before they're down to the crap characters...

I'm not sure that's worth its own line. If they found a way to combine it with others as bonus figures or osomething it would be more feasable. There seems to be a LOT of interest still out there.

Heck if they wanted to give these guys there own line, great... I just hope they are compatable with MOTUC since they would be on the same shelf

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I don't think even Bravestarr would want Ninjor Man in the late runs Mattel released some way absurd characters! And that was what was really killen teh liehn!
    Off topic, but I really don't understand all of the Ninjor hate. I mean he makes every bit as much sense as a character like Jitsu and I don't see many bashing him. What is it about Ninjor that instills such hate? He's one of the least offensive later wave characters if you ask me. Compared to Snout Spout, Scare Glow, Blast-Attak, Mosquitor, and Snake Face he's brilliant.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Warrior
    Of course no one expects Mattel to go after the rights for Captain Planet, Ninja Turtles or Smurfs to be inducted into the MOTUC line. That was a silly analogy. Everyone here knows that Thundercats and Blackstar are mentioned in alternative to MOTU becuase they're all sword/sorcery/tech fantasies.

And it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that putting a ninja in any toyline in the late 80's and early 90's would at least boost sales by 1%. If you needed a kid to pay attention to anything in those days, put a ninja in it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I don't think even Bravestarr would want Ninjor Man in the late runs Mattel released some way absurd characters! And that was what was really killen teh liehn!
    Hey yo! Ninjas are always cool. And evil ninjas are the best! But then again are there anything else other than "evil" ninjas?

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    Off topic, but I really don't understand all of the Ninjor hate. I mean he makes every bit as much sense as a character like Jitsu and I don't see many bashing him. What is it about Ninjor that instills such hate? He's one of the least offensive later wave characters if you ask me. Compared to Snout Spout, Scare Glow, Blast-Attak, Mosquitor, and Snake Face he's brilliant.
    Okay, I'll agree with you on Snout Spout, the heroic master of watering plants but not Scare Glow. The ghost of a skeleton!? Even on paper that's the cat's pajamas! And Mosquitor?! One notch short of being a vampire in the MOTU. That's the bee's knees, baby!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 23, 2009 at 01:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yeah, Scare Glow and Mosquitor are amazing figure and characters. Snout Spout lame. Ninjor is awesome to. Ninjas were the ***** in the 80's and still are. Jitsu can have a place and so can Ninjor.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Im with you, I like to see this characters in order to expand MOTU Mythos, but they have to be bonus figures.
    It`s expanded enough without having to bring in other properties, hence the new bio`s

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Of course no one expects Mattel to go after the rights for Captain Planet, Ninja Turtles or Smurfs to be inducted into the MOTUC line. That was a silly analogy. Everyone here knows that Thundercats and Blackstar are mentioned in alternative to MOTU becuase they're all sword/sorcery/tech fantasies.
    I thought this was a Bravestarr thread. I was obviously exagerating, but even so, I see those as individual properties with their own worlds and mythos that are simply not a part of MotU.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Blame MYP Ever since I saw the Chief Lion guy in the 200x series, I've been thinking Thundercats crossover!

Thundercats MIGHT be able to be line all its own... but they REALLY didn't have a lot of figures. Maybe 10 thundercats and 8 mutants? Before they're down to the crap characters...

I'm not sure that's worth its own line. If they found a way to combine it with others as bonus figures or osomething it would be more feasable. There seems to be a LOT of interest still out there.

Heck if they wanted to give these guys there own line, great... I just hope they are compatable with MOTUC since they would be on the same shelf

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Thundercats line. And I think there are lots of cool characters in there to be made. I just don't see why they should be included in MotUC.
    Last edited by Wolfchild; August 23, 2009 at 04:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I am 100% against including Bravestarr in the MOTUC. MOTUC is for He-Man and She-Ra characters.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I am 100% against including Bravestarr in the MOTUC. MOTUC is for He-Man and She-Ra characters.
    Exactamundo, Lane Meyer. I agree with you on that. By the way, I see that you are no longer dating Beth and was wondering if it was okay if I asked her out? I mean, you don't even know me but....
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Never liked Snout Spout or Blast Attack Much, but prefer them over Ninjor no doubt. There was a 200x Snout Spout, but no 200x Ninjor right? Guess who's the most successful character? LOL I like Snake Face, and Love Mosquitor and specially Scare Glow, can't see why anyone would have a problem with these actually, they fit MotU just fine.

Now don't get me started on Indian Fisto... or Jitsu... Never liked him much too, but one has to admit, he's more subtle in his inspiration, and the giant fist makes him somewhat MotU. Now Ninjor... what? Has clawed feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Hey yo! Ninjas are always cool. And evil ninjas are the best! But then again are there anything else other than "evil" ninjas?
    Yes. Snake Eyes.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    In the case of BraveStarr, the concept and characters were all Filmation-created with the toyline license given to Mattel
    Someone can confirm this? I believed that Filmation and Mattel collaborate in Bravestarr: Filmation with the cartoon and Mattel with the toys. Can someone confirm who have the rights for Bravestarr license?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Someone can confirm this? I believed that Filmation and Mattel collaborate in Bravestarr: Filmation with the cartoon and Mattel with the toys. Can someone confirm who have the rights for Bravestarr license?
    Here's what I posted in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    With regard to Bravestarr, the thing is I'm not sure Mattel have any rights to any of the characters. Back when Entertainment Rights still owned the Filmation library, they had a page on Bravestarr that said they owned the rights to all media worldwide; whereas on the MOTU and POP pages they specified that Mattel had toy rights.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ..."Thundercats" is great, but has never been owned by or associated with Filmation, Mattel, or MOTU... Therefore any talk of "including" it is utterly pointless! No one even has the toy-rights right now, and Warner Bros. I believe presently owns any media-rights. Besides, it took place on a post-apocalyptic Earth in the far future! "Bravestarr" was quite cool, and way better-animated than He-Man, but again, a seperate concept with no connection, and one that was never really popular! You may as well talk about including other unrelated properties like "Crystar" or "King Kull"...

Never liked Snout Spout or Blast Attack Much, but prefer them over Ninjor no doubt. There was a 200x Snout Spout, but no 200x Ninjor right? Guess who's the most successful character? LOL. Now Ninjor... what? Has clawed feet?

Yes. Snake Eyes.
    A ninja hater, huh? Et tu, Wolfchild? Well, I can't say you're wrong (even though you are) about your irrational dislike of Ninjor but I can correct you on Snake Eyes. You just stepped into my world now! Deep breath...Snake Eyes was never meant to be a ninja. Larry Hama created Snake Eyes to be a commando proficient in 12 unarmed fighting systems plus demolition, mountaineering and jungle, arctic and desert survival plus holistic medicine. It's only after the comic and cartoon came out that they started fleshing him out and the whole ninja thing came about. Besides, the only good ninja is an evil one. They are, after all, espionage and assassination experts. That's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Oh, no ! PLEASE don't tell me they're going to release She-Ra and other POP characters as Barbie dolls only !

What about MOTUC then ?

If THIS is going on, I bet we can say farewell to POP characters and even NA characters too...
    I would so be fine with that, I am not into POP or at least save POP to the end of the MOTUC line.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Okay, I'll agree with you on Snout Spout, the heroic master of watering plants but not Scare Glow. The ghost of a skeleton!? Even on paper that's the cat's pajamas! And Mosquitor?! One notch short of being a vampire in the MOTU. That's the bee's knees, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Glow View Post
    Yeah, Scare Glow and Mosquitor are amazing figure and characters. Snout Spout lame. Ninjor is awesome to. Ninjas were the ***** in the 80's and still are. Jitsu can have a place and so can Ninjor.
    Well the reason I brought up them up is because they are such weird, "out there" characters. First everyone is saying a cowboy is too out of place in MOTU, then the Ninjor thing comes up. I mean compared to a guy with a mechanical elephant head, a big cyborg mosquito, a guy with snakes coming out of his eyes, and a robotic suicide bomber... cowboys and ninjas seem kind of tame and inoffensive. They may not be the most interesting characters. I'm not really contesting that. I just don't see how they are too bizarre for MOTU.

LOL I like Snake Face, and Love Mosquitor and specially Scare Glow, can't see why anyone would have a problem with these actually, they fit MotU just fine.
    Snake Face isn't such a bad concept, but the original toy looked like a blow up doll (well the ugliest one ever made anyway). Mosquitor seems to me like they thought up a cool gimmick but had no one with any sense of design to create the actual toy. Anyway I do like both of those characters thanks to the 200X redesigns. Scare Glow just never appealed to me. We already have Skeletor, another skeleton guy feels really redundant. The painted on skeleton seems kind of cheap even in the vintage line, and I've personally always found glow-in-the-dark stuff sort of lame.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Well the reason I brought up them up is because they are such weird, "out there" characters. First everyone is saying a cowboy is too out of place in MOTU, then the Ninjor thing comes up. I mean compared to a guy with a mechanical elephant head, a big cyborg mosquito, a guy with snakes coming out of his eyes, and a robotic suicide bomber... cowboys and ninjas seem kind of tame and inoffensive. They may not be the most interesting characters. I'm not really contesting that. I just don't see how they are too bizarre for MOTU.

We are total agreement here.

Snake Face isn't such a bad concept, but the original toy looked like a blow up doll (well the ugliest one ever made anyway). Mosquitor seems to me like they thought up a cool gimmick but had no one with any sense of design to create the actual toy. Anyway I do like both of those characters thanks to the 200X redesigns. Scare Glow just never appealed to me. We already have Skeletor, another skeleton guy feels really redundant. The painted on skeleton seems kind of cheap even in the vintage line, and I've personally always found glow-in-the-dark stuff sort of lame.
    Fair enough. You think glow-in-the-dark is lame. I think its cool throwback. You're not fond of Scare Glow. Cool, we all have our favorites. Doesn't make anyone wrong or right. My feeling is that Scare Glow is an sweet looking figure and with a painted on skeleton that glows in the dark is even sweeter. Because ghosts are supposed to give off some sort of eerie glow. But, like I said, we can't agree all the time. And neither of us is can be wrong in a subjective contest.

I see your point, but DO NOT want anyone non-MOTU in the Classics line.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Bravestar is not masters of the universe or related to it so I cant see why it would be in the MOTUC?