Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BRAVESTARR in the MOTUC?

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I think it's a horrible idea. We already get Rio Blast for sure and I'd prefer to see all the MOTU figures released first before this line dies. Because let's face it, with all the fan demands and complaining on this 4um we all know the line won't make it till 2016. And then Mattel will blame us. Sorry just being honoust.

Heroic Warrior
    I have no problem with Bravestarr being released today, even if the line was to hypothetically end tomorrow, and I never even collected Bravestarr back in the day. For me, part of the nostolgia of collecting MOTU when I was a kid was the excitement of a NEW figure being released. And with MOTU, you always seem to see the figures before they showed up in a cartoon, except for the 200X characters. I don't understand why nobody embraces new figures anymore like back in the day. I think it's a shame. Anyways, with Bravestarr, you at least introduce a character that already exist and is similar to the Rio Blast character. Question is, is this even possible? I mean, I could be wrong, but wasn't Bravestarr a Filmation cartoon first, with a toyline being released by Mattel afterwards?

Heroic Warrior
    I beleive the toys were out first by almost a year i think (If I remember correctly)

I think it'd be cool if Mattel did a Bravestarr in MOTUC style the way Hasbro did a Matt Tracker in the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joe line. Make him a standalone, come up with some kind of tie-in bio, and you're set. I don't see it happening, but it'd be sweet. Hasbro is just cooler than Mattel I guess.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    . . . I always considered BraveStarr as part of MOTU but just a different dimension or world. Which it is!

Vipra can sssssoooo passss as a ssssnake woman!

While we're at it, a BLACKSTAR Classics line is good too!
    How about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Astronauts John Blackstar and Marlena Glenn discover a Lorentzian wormhole while surveying a geodesic anomaly in space-time, and are unable to overcome its gravity. The particles emitted by the photon-drive of the ship piloted by John Blackstar disrupt the umbilicus of the wormhole, transporting him to Sagar, and the Rainbow Warrior piloted by Marlena Glenn to Eternia.

Planetary marshall of New Texas, Lucas Conway, retires after his deputy, Rio Blast, is crippled in an accident. Rio Blast travels to Eternia where he is fitted with cybernetic enhancements by Man-At-Arms, and Bravestarr replaces Conway as planetary marshall of New Texas.

Vipra, a Repton with the power to hypnotize, travels to New Texas to retrieve the Lost Book of the Ancients, which contains a spell that will free her ancestors, the Snakemen, from the Void.

Heroic Warrior
    Definately not interest in all the characters but I once did a drawing of Sand Storm as a Horde Villain. Vipra should be the token snake men female.

Id love to see new versions of Blackstar by the 4H.
    Especially the the villains and all the main characters.
    I dont think Id mind Bravestarr either as long as it doesnt detrack from MOTU and She-ra. Dungeons and Dragons and the D&D the animated series characters would be cool too.

As a long-time Bravestarr fan, I'd love to see any of that show's characters pop up in MOTUC. The thought of a beast-sized 30/30 makes me giddy.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I think it'd be cool if Mattel did a Bravestarr in MOTUC style the way Hasbro did a Matt Tracker in the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joe line. Make him a standalone, come up with some kind of tie-in bio, and you're set. I don't see it happening, but it'd be sweet. Hasbro is just cooler than Mattel I guess.
    This! Except I would definitely HAVE to have a MOTUC style Tex Hex as well!

Quote Originally Posted by King Miro View Post
    As a long-time Bravestarr fan, I'd love to see any of that show's characters pop up in MOTUC. The thought of a beast-sized 30/30 makes me giddy.
    Aww, man! Now my imagination is running wild! The more I think about this idea, the better it sounds! Let's face it, if Mattel can find a place for Wun-Dar, Optikk, and Adora in the same universe, Bravestarr shouldn't be that big of a stretch!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Question is, is this even possible? I mean, I could be wrong, but wasn't Bravestarr a Filmation cartoon first, with a toyline being released by Mattel afterwards?
    Bravestarr was a concept developed by Filmation in collaboration with Mattel.
    (and on a side not, part of the concept was to make it a spin-off of MOTU).

The 2 companies had a close relationship back then but the idea definitely started at Filmation.
    I don't know if Mattel kept any rights to the toys, but the concept in probably entirely in the hands of the Filmation library owners.

I'm all in for motuc bravestarr , tex hex , 30/30 and more cool western/sci fi characters !!!!!! and it seems something easy to make for mattel
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    Bravestar at least can be related to Motuc in some ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urosinho View Post
    What do you have against Barbie?
    I don't know if I'd want Bravestarr to join the MOTUC line, at least not until every MOTU/POP/NA/Filmation/mini comic/concept art character had been made.

I think I'd prefer Bravestarr to get his own line, but made with MOTUC parts so that they would be compatible and some of the Barbie Fairytopia characters would be cool done with the MOTUC female bodies to be compatible with POP.

If Mattel gets the Thundercats license I'd like to see them made with MOTUC bodies too.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I don't know if slinging other lines in with MOTU would work and to be honest don't think it needs to.

I would rather have a seperate line that would allow them to produce figures from various properties. That way they could work in conjunction with the ip holders to develop characters. We could see Galaxy Rangers, Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors etc

No in the MOTUC line please! If Mattel really want to do Bravestarr on the separate line such as Ghostbuster!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    How about this:

Astronauts John Blackstar and Marlena Glenn discover a Lorentzian wormhole while surveying a geodesic anomaly in space-time, and are unable to overcome its gravity. The particles emitted by the photon-drive of the ship piloted by John Blackstar disrupt the umbilicus of the wormhole, transporting him to Sagar, and the Rainbow Warrior piloted by Marlena Glenn to Eternia.

Planetary marshall of New Texas, Lucas Conway, retires after his deputy, Rio Blast, is crippled in an accident. Rio Blast travels to Eternia where he is fitted with cybernetic enhancements by Man-At-Arms, and Bravestarr replaces Conway as planetary marshall of New Texas.

Vipra, a Repton with the power to hypnotize, travels to New Texas to retrieve the Lost Book of the Ancients, which contains a spell that will free her ancestors, the Snakemen, from the Void.
    Yes! I love this! Mattel needs a "Mattel-verse!"

I do admit however, that we have barely scratched the surface with He-Man/She-Ra/200x, and NA universe that I want Bravestarr added, but not at the expense of MOTUC characters proper. Bonus figure? Absolutely.

No one's pointed it out yet, but in the 80s, Bravestarr and Tex Hex both shared the exact same body. Tex Hex would need very little in the way of new tooling needed for a toy.

Vipra and Rio Blast VERY MUCH come across as great crossover characters. Rio Blast looks likes he stepped out of New Texas, and a female hypnotizing Snake Woman? Perfect!

Powerfull Cosmo warrior starcrusader's Avatar
    i'am for it!! want bravestarr in motuc^^

While a "Mattel Classics" line sounds good in theory, I don't think there are enough characters to sustain such a line. Bravestarr, Blackstar, Wheeled Warriors...am I missing anything else? And other than Jayce, John Blackstar, Bravestarr, Tex Hex and 30/30, would there be any demand whatsoever for the other characters? Look how long the Ghostbusters figures are taking to sell out, and that franchise has a huge following.

I don't think people should get too worked up about Bravestarr making a special guest appearance in the MOTUC line. Just to appease the die-hard fans, they could change the Grayskull graphic in the packaging to something more New Texas-looking, like a desert with Star Peak in the background. Mattel would get to reuse the MOTUC buck body and packaging design with just a few tweaks here and there. But as big as a Bravestarr fan as I am, the most likely I see it ever happening is being a convention exclusive, much like She-Ra in the 200x line. Even still, I'd get my hands on a dozen of them just to have an entire shelf littered with new Bravestarr merch.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    When this topic was originally discussed in August I was against it.. but I have since warmed up to the concept. It was cool of Hasbro to include a M.A.S.K. character in their GI Joe line. Mattel could do the same.. So from what I'm reading in this thread, we assume Bravestarr is mixed in with the Filmation rights, and not Mattel.. Therefore, the only way to get Bravestarr in MOTUC or plastic form from mattel at all.. would be to purchase Filmation rights. I imagine of the filmation owned properties, He-Man and She-Ra are the most valuable.. and if "Filmation Rights" were sold.. it would be an all or nothing type of deal. Soo.. For Mattel to get further use and bang for their buck from purchasing something like filmation rights, I would gladly support Bravestarr in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by King Miro View Post
    While a "Mattel Classics" line sounds good in theory, I don't think there are enough characters to sustain such a line. Bravestarr, Blackstar, Wheeled Warriors...am I missing anything else?
    what about Street Sharks? Those things looked kinda cool!

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar

80s crossovers HECK YES!

I LOVE this idea.

Any way to potentially score a character or two from lines that will NEVER likely return on their own.

It could lead to BLACKSTAR!...

Remember this?:

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

mattel classics would be cool, how bout a myp style bravestarr! bravestarr kicks the crap outta most toylines today imo!

I'd like for them to introduce Warlord characters in the MOTUC style. Mattel already has the licence to DC superheroes, so rights shouldn't be an issue.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I think Warlord would be in the DCUC line, which has a different scale that MOTUC.

I'm all for Bravestarr in MOTUC however as several have pointed out already, not until we have at least all core characters from MOTU released first.
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

If this were a possibility, I'd rather them just start up a new line and call it Bravestarr Classics. In the same scale as MOTUC but under its own banner and marketing.

In a perfect world the 4H would have access to the licenses of all our 80s favorites.
    Blackstar
    Bravestarr
    Thundercats
    Warrior Beasts
    Warlord
    Mongoloids
    Inhumanoids
    Centurions
    Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors
    Silver Hawks
    Sectaurs
    Starriors
    You get the picture.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    motu has enough figures. i also think bravestarr should stay in the 80s. i did like some of the figures though.