Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BRAVESTARR in the MOTUC?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Probably because it doesn't need to be rewritten to accommodate
    other distinct lines/characters. As someone pointed out a long time ago, MOTU
    already has a rich mythos with plenty of characters, making unnecessary
    alterations to simply add characters that were never a part of it would
    be superfluous. Sure, they can add whatever they like, but that
    wouldn't necessarily make it a good idea.
    But remember we are dealing with Mattel here $$$ talks. If the head Bean counters thought it was a good Idea (to either hold a licencse or renue a patton) you bet your blank they would do it. Heck I think if they wanted they could invent the Matteliverse for no other reason but to bring some other 80's properties to test the waters.

It could be worse think besides Bravestarrr they could do Wheeled Warriors or Big Jim (damn I'm dating myself) or even Max steel & add the Earth element to it.

Heroic Warrior

rio blast & bravestarr....

must be at least from the same planet, so I wouldn't object a kind of connection there with the MOTU universe. Maybe Rio Blast was Bravestarr's pre-decessor or something?

r.

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    But remember we are dealing with Mattel here $$$ talks. If the head Bean counters thought it was a good Idea (to either hold a licencse or renue a patton) you bet your blank they would do it. Heck I think if they wanted they could invent the Matteliverse for no other reason but to bring some other 80's properties to test the waters.

It could be worse think besides Bravestarrr they could do Wheeled Warriors or Big Jim (damn I'm dating myself) or even Max steel & add the Earth element to it.
    True, but they are adamant about merging all facets of MOTU into some
    cohesive story, shoehorning Bravestarr into the mythos would do more
    harm than good. Personally I'd prefer an entirely separate Bravestarr
    line, that can be in scale to MOTUC. If they can resurrect 2 80's line its
    a win, win.

I was going to make a Protected Thread on this subject but I figured I would just throw caution to the wind and revive this "unprotected" thread.

Considering the connection to MOTU as mentioned here;

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Bravestarr was a concept developed by Filmation in collaboration with Mattel.
    (and on a side not, part of the concept was to make it a spin-off of MOTU).

The 2 companies had a close relationship back then but the idea definitely started at Filmation.
    I don't know if Mattel kept any rights to the toys, but the concept in probably entirely in the hands of the Filmation library owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Wasn't a crossover planned back in the day? I think I read something about that somewhere but don't remember where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    No, no crossover planned, but the whole Bravestarr concept originated at Filmation as another He-Man spinn-off.
    He-Man was supposed to appear at the beginning of the series and be the inspiration for Bravestarr to become a Marshall (or something like that, I'd need to reread the documents)
    the obvious connection with Rio Blast, and the current trend of Mattel releasing new figures based on prototypes/concepts would you be interested in Bravestarr characters being squeezed into MOTUC? Maybe as a run of exclusive figures?

YES!

The more, the merrier.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    For me Bravestarr is just another spin-off of MOTU. Rio Blast, Bravestarr they fit together, so I hope that Mattel rescue them. They are as bizarre and cool as New Adventure was...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Just out of curiosity, would you accept Bravestarr in MOTUC if it was incorporated in to the line? I made a poll to guage interest here

Bravestarr doesn't have to be located on Eternia, there are the other dimensions where it could be situated, still on New Texas or to make it fit in the MOTU-verse, Nexas
    Last edited by TheFallen; July 27, 2010 at 08:07pm.

I mentioned it before in this thread. I'd be fine with the character included. But, Vikor would make for an easy custom if anyone wants to do it.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Bravestarr (or a Bravestarr/Tex Hex 2 pack) could be the second figure at SDCC like Molar was for this year's con. They could release Rio Blast as the July monthly figure to go along with it.

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    YES!!! Just for the fact that we could eventually get a 30/30 figure sculpted by the 4HM. Now THAT would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael
    True, but they are adamant about merging all facets of MOTU into some
    cohesive story, shoehorning Bravestarr into the mythos would do more
    harm than good. Personally I'd prefer an entirely separate Bravestarr
    line, that can be in scale to MOTUC. If they can resurrect 2 80's line its
    a win, win.
    I have to agree. This trend of mashing different properties into one may work from a logisitcal/economic standpoint, but it doesn't mean they actually go together. Having a reboot of MB would be cool. I just think it would do both MOTUC and Bravestarr more justice to remain separate. If any crossovers happen I'd be the first to send ol' RioBlast over to New Texas!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

That would be a giant no for me. The subs are large enough as it is without adding Bravestarr characters. I have no issue with Bravestarr figures being made, just not included in the MOTUC line.

What about the introduction of Mo-Larr though? Couldn't Bravestarr be done the same way? As an exclusive/s?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    What about the introduction of Mo-Larr though? Couldn't Bravestarr be done the same way? As an exclusive/s?
    Sure, I have no problem with that at all. As long as I am not forced to buy Bravestarr characters in the sub I have no issue with it.

I think so.

While I am a big Bravestarr fan, the truth is that Bravestarr just doesn't have the following that the MOTU-universe does. The cartoon was somewhat popular but the line was a failure. The larger sized figures IMO ruined the line.

I personally would be down for a Classics-style Tex Hex and 30/30.

I would love a classics version of Tex Hex. Oh, and that robot guy in his gang as well. Can't recall his name at the moment.
    END OF LINE

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternia LoreMaster View Post
    YES!!! Just for the fact that we could eventually get a 30/30 figure sculpted by the 4HM. Now THAT would be sweet.
    This would be a dream come true! The entire assortment of awesome characters from Bravestarr would be perfect for the 4H to update in the Classics look.

SDCC 2011 - MOTUC Battle-poncho He-Man & Marshal Bravestarr 2-pack, and a Spur-strike Skeletor & Tex Hex 2-pack. Each set contains con exclusive accessories that can be interchanged with any four of the figures! Available only at SDCC 2011!

Oh, the possibilities!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

So glad they released Mo-Larr. Now no more arguments about how Bravestarr doesn't belong in MOTUC. With his Filmation and Mattel roots, and the He-Man connection mentioned in the series bible, he has a stronger connection than a character from Robot Chicken.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This would be a dream come true! The entire assortment of awesome characters from Bravestarr would be perfect for the 4H to update in the Classics look.

SDCC 2011 - MOTUC Battle-poncho He-Man & Marshal Bravestarr 2-pack, and a Spur-strike Skeletor & Tex Hex 2-pack. Each set contains con exclusive accessories that can be interchanged with any four of the figures! Available only at SDCC 2011!

Oh, the possibilities!!
    I'd spend $50 per two-pack on that.
    TEX HEX could be some serious wickedness...
    Here's where I'd look for inspirado:
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

RioBlast, if anything fits "The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers" world! Leave "Bravestarr" and MOTUC in separate categories.

***Please follow forum rules about YouTube links. Thank you! ***

I'm totally in for Bravestarr, but not in Motuc canon. Please don't try to tie the stories together.

Bravestarr vs Motuc would be cool though just like Motuc vs DC

Awesome illustration bigassbuzz...

Galaxy Rangers was one of my favourite shows, so wicked.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    I'd spend $50 per two-pack on that.
    TEX HEX could be some serious wickedness...
    Here's where I'd look for inspirado:
    That pic is awesome! I could really see some great things coming from Matty and the 4H if these two properties were combined. Tex was always one of my favorite cartoon bad-guys, and that picture has got me thinking just how cool a MOTUC version could turn out!

I'm sure you, me, and tons of other fans wouldn't think twice about a $50 price-tag on some wicked 2-packs.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

If Mattel are running into problems with 'HM&TMOTU' Filmation characters, what must it be like for them to try and pick their way through the concommitant rights issues of 'Bravestarr'. I've always thought, though, that 'Bravestarr' was the way a 'New Adventures'-style series should have been done.
    Heck - A Bravestarr/Tex-Hex 2-pack would be awesome and why not throw in an oversized figure box containing 20/20?!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    A Bravestarr/Tex-Hex 2-pack would be awesome and why not throw in an oversized figure box containing 20/20?!
    Because his eyesight will be perfect but his horse will still be 10/10 short

Bravestarr in MOTUC has now been officially endorsed by the Roast Gooble Dinner Crew, now you know you want Bravestarr too

Yes to Bravestarr and the others. They would look crazy cool as MOTUC.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.