Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you see the Green Goddess and Wun-Dar fitting into the timeline?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Where do you see the Green Goddess and Wun-Dar fitting into the timeline?

This has been touched upon in a couple of other threads, but I thought I'd make a definitive thread on it...

Where do you see the Green Goddess and Wun-Dar fitting into the MOTUC timeline?

Some might say that they are ancient beings, even pre-King Grayskull. This could work.
    But personally I think it would make more sense for them to come slightly after KG, after the Great War(s) that "wiped out advanced civilizations, but left behind advanced technology, machinery and weapons".
    The Wars could have indeed wiped out the advanced cultures, and Eternia reverted back a barbarian-type state. Over the years / centuries, things could have worked back up, into the common "present" that we all know (i.e. the Royal Palace, He-Man, etc.).

And some of the powers that wiped out these advanced cultures could be part of the secret knowledge now storied in Castle Grayskull. The reason that it is so well hidden and protected is that if anyone got their hands on it, they could take over the planet and potentially the universe with it.

I can also see the very early "barbarian" mini-comics being adapted so they relate to Wun-Dar (in place of early He-Man) and the Green Goddess, maybe finally re-incorporating these early stories into the timeline.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'D put all of the Odd balls in an alternate dimension. Green Goddess was the Sorceress to Wun-Darr's He-Man!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    This has been touched upon in a couple of other threads, but I thought I'd make a definitive thread on it...

Some might say that they are ancient beings, even pre-King Grayskull. This could work.
    But personally I think it would make more sense for them to come slightly after KG, after the Great War(s) that "wiped out advanced civilizations, but left behind advanced technology, machinery and weapons".
    The Wars could have indeed wiped out the advanced cultures, and Eternia reverted back a barbarian-type state. Over the years / centuries, things could have worked back up, into the common "present" that we all know (i.e. the Royal Palace, He-Man, etc.).

And some of the powers that wiped out these advanced cultures could be part of the secret knowledge now storied in Castle Grayskull. The reason that it is so well hidden and protected is that if anyone got their hands on it, they could take over the planet and potentially the universe with it.

I can also see the very early "barbarian" mini-comics being adapted so they relate to Wun-Dar (in place of early He-Man) and the Green Goddess, maybe finally re-incorporating these early stories into the timeline.
    I loved your idea in the other thread, Spacedust and I still love it. I was thinking that Wun-Dar could also be a member of the Cosmic Defenders seeing as how he wears the armor and has the pistol of the CD. On another thread one poster made the comparison with the Green Lantern Corps, as many members all wearing similar armor and useing the same designed weapons. I keep wondering about that power sword that comes with Wun-Dar. Is it the sword of He? Is it another power sword all together? I think seeing his bio will be very interesting! Good stuff!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Maybe Wun-Dar is the son of King Grayskull and Veena.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that the other day as well. I'd love if this were the case. It would continue to deepen and flesh out He-Man's heritage, and set up the passing of the power sword down from father to son. Wun-Dar Grayskull does have a nice ring to it!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post

I agree with you entirely Spacedust. I believe that it is Wun-Dar who is portrayed in the early mini-comics. Therefore, the Green Goddess with her extra He-Man Accessories will be the one who initially gives him the power to become a "He-Man". Also the Loaf of bread is because of simpler times, where meals were hard to come by.
    But seriously, if you think about it... King Grayskull dies fighting off Hordak. His power (possibly originating from the Eternia Towers) is then transferred into his power sword which was a gift from He-Ro. Battles encase the world causing chaos and bringing the need for a new hero. Wun-Dar (a possible descendant of Greyskull) is sent on a journey to become the leader of his tribe. Meets up with the Green Goddess and she is able to recognize him for who he really is, an heir to Castle Greyskull. He is then given the Sword of He and vanquishes the evil of his time. But at some point of his life time, the sword of He is split in half to keep it safe until it is needed again(Prince Adam). These are just some of my thoughts of how the Green Goddess and Wun-Dar will relate to the MOTUC timeline

Not sure what they'll be for the bios, but what's been said here sounds somewhat reasonable. Although really, it wasn't "Wun-Dar" that was portrayed in the first minicomic, it was He-Man...and MAA and Teela and Skeletor, etc. lol. But to me, the Goddess is the sorceress, same character. Just another form she had taken or something at the time of meeting He-Man.
    I'm not really bothered about Wun-Dar.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    not sure where to place those two....I'll have to read their bios first & then decide whether or not I like them. He-ro is He-man's son in my mythos...

Maybe GG will be Zodak's mother, & Wun-dar Zodak's pop? Or mybe have them as some totally new characters unrelated to anyone else. Or maybe wun-dar is faker in disguise... And GG is Teela when she's very ill. lol

either way, Wun-dar is not He-man in my mthos, & GG is not Sorceress in my mythos either. both will be used as totally new characters.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John McReynolds View Post
    I agree with you entirely Spacedust. I believe that it is Wun-Dar who is portrayed in the early mini-comics. Therefore, the Green Goddess with her extra He-Man Accessories will be the one who initially gives him the power to become a "He-Man". Also the Loaf of bread is because of simpler times, where meals were hard to come by.
    But seriously, if you think about it... King Grayskull dies fighting off Hordak. His power (possibly originating from the Eternia Towers) is then transferred into his power sword which was a gift from He-Ro. Battles encase the world causing chaos and bringing the need for a new hero. Wun-Dar (a possible descendant of Greyskull) is sent on a journey to become the leader of his tribe. Meets up with the Green Goddess and she is able to recognize him for who he really is, an heir to Castle Greyskull. He is then given the Sword of He and vanquishes the evil of his time. But at some point of his life time, the sword of He is split in half to keep it safe until it is needed again(Prince Adam). These are just some of my thoughts of how the Green Goddess and Wun-Dar will relate to the MOTUC timeline
    Great stuff John McReynolds! I especially love the ideas you and Spacedust have presented about using Wun-Dar as a stand in for He-Man in the mini-comics storyline. If mattel is seriously considering new original characters, then what a better way to build up Wun-Dar then to give him new allies and villians!

I see the green Goddess giving the harness to King Grayskull as she did to He-Man in the original mini comics. No idea about Wun-Dar. Maybe a new Cosmic Enforcer?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John McReynolds View Post
    I like it. The more I think about GG and Wun-Dar, the more I warm to them - at first, they were just interesting variants on the Sorceress and He-Man, but they more I get into them, the more potential I think they have.

Oh, and maybe Wun-Dar's bread could contain the secret ingredient that 'gives him the power' - maybe like Popeye's spinach!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Im sort of a mini-comics hybrid myself. So she exists same time as He-man will give him the Armor & weapons. Will help train that He-man & his jungle bred strength with Man-At-Arms. Then put him in touch with the Sorceress of Grayskull. She will then watch and show up when needed.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Wun-Dar is He-Man's cousin who is training to be a master chef under Chef Alan. He also helps out He-Man and the others on occasion, but his first love is cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Wun-Dar Veena....

Sounds like a German male prostitute.

LOL!

I think the Green Goddess is a part of Grayskull as is Sorceress. For me they are both human representations of something God-like and are not the flesh they manifest in. And I feel that Green Goddess ties well with the concept of Snake-men. Her entity feels like She could manifest to both humans and the Snake-men.

EDIT: So in timeline I could see Sorceress and Green Goddess both manifesting in all times of the Eternian history.

Wun-Dar on the other hand does not exist in my personal canon.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I love the idea of Wun-Dar and Green Goddess being counterparts of He-Man and Sorceress sometime between King Grayskull's lifetime and He-Man's. I see Green Goddess one of Veena's successors to Grayskull's secrets, and she bestows the armor upon Wun-Dar, a member of the tribe descended from Grayskull who proved himself worthy enough to become a cosmic enforcer, who uses the armor and Power Sword to fight Demo-Man and red Beastman.

Wun-Dar eventually banishes Demo-Man to Despondos, and in an effort to keep the secrets of Grayskull safe from evil, he uses his power a a Cosmic Enforcer to split the Power Sword in half and hide the two halves - the secret locations of which are known only to the Green Goddess and her eventual successors.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I don't care how they fit in, I just like the toys. If they can fit them in, in a way that works, it would be great, but I don't have much confidence in the writing ability of whoever's coming up with the bio's. Maybe in a future cartoon or comic, someone will do something with them that makes sense.

I'm leaning more towards the bios describing the two from Ancient Eternia, too.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I love the idea of Wun-Dar and Green Goddess being counterparts of He-Man and Sorceress sometime between King Grayskull's lifetime and He-Man's. I see Green Goddess one of Veena's successors to Grayskull's secrets, and she bestows the armor upon Wun-Dar, a member of the tribe descended from Grayskull who proved himself worthy enough to become a cosmic enforcer, who uses the armor and Power Sword to fight Demo-Man and red Beastman.

Wun-Dar eventually banishes Demo-Man to Despondos, and in an effort to keep the secrets of Grayskull safe from evil, he uses his power a a Cosmic Enforcer to split the Power Sword in half and hide the two halves - the secret locations of which are known only to the Green Goddess and her eventual successors.
    Dude, I swear you read my mind. For fun today at work, I wrote up a little bio for these two, and this is pretty much my take on these characters, with the added bit that the Green woman was actually a scavenger who stole treasure from the Castle and was hunted by Demo-Man for the half of the Power Sword she had stolen. Wanting to combine it with his half, he has hunted her down, so she passes it off to Wun-Dar, which puts him at odds with the Evil s.o.b.

Eventually, the Green woman and Demo-Man team up, steal back the sword, and enter Grayskull. Wun-Dar defeats Demo-man, and sends him to Despondos with the help of the spirit of the Castle (via remnants of the spell that sent Hordak there centuries earlier). Wun-Dar then sentences the Green Goddess (renamed for whatever reason) to guard the Castle against others such as herself, revitalizing the line of Sorceresses (which had faded in the intervening years, explaining the Castle's fall into ruins and decay).

I don't see Wundar fitting in at all, but if I do have to puzzle him in I'd say he's the original owner of the vest. The Goddess could be a very old being who actually knew King Grayskull and she could very well predate him. We all know Sky Tree is the olderst being on eternia followed by Granamyr, she could be third.

What I think is funny btw is that ing Grayskull caused a lot of fuss because he took the place of He-ro.. But didn't the Sorceress do the same with the Goddess? They are basicly the same character in essence, much like He-Ro and King Grayskull... Why did King Grayskull get that much more heat?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I love all these storyline ideas on this thread!

I'm fond of Wun-Dar being part of the historical Grayskull timeline. The "cosmic enforcer" aspect is particularly interesting, since he wears the vest associated with that position.

But how does everyone feel about this "new" character bearing He-Man's exact resemblance?

I had one idea where he could have been created by Hordak or Skeletor as a sort of organic clone of He-Man, but didn't possess the same powers. Once he was rescued by the good guys, they help him find his own identity. That way he could have a different personality, be in current time with He-Man, and be a new hero with some unique ability.

It's a stretch, I know. I bet Matty & Friends are snickering about our proposals for Wun-Dar! But I hope they actually have cool ideas in his bio to work him into the cannon more fully!

Wun-Dar is the oriignal Cosmic Enforcer. Along with He-Ro and Grayskull kept the Snake at bay. Being that a cosmic enforer keeps the balance he helped Hordak with defeating the snakeman and then Hordak turned on Wundar and He-ro took his spirit into the sword of HE.

Thats my story.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I saw the Green Goddess as just that...a Goddess. An immortal being who keeps the balance between good and evil. When evil seems to be getting a leg up, she steps in to help those who need it AKA he-man and KG.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Wun-Dar has no place in my canon except on my wall I see Goddess as the unevolved Sorceress, The spirit of Grayskull resides in Castle Grayskull protecting it from evil until He Man combines the 2 halves of the power sword, at which time the spirit of Grayskull is no longer needed and goes to his final resting place having fulfilled his destiny to protect Castle Grayskull until the rightful heir to the sword of He is found. At this time the Goddess is transformed into the birdlike sorceress we all know (changing colors as she gets stronger)being fused with Zoar the mystical bird by the powers of the Elders. Now she can only leave Grayskull in the form of Zoar (hey someone needs to take Grayskull`s place as the resident of Castle Grayskull), He Man has the power sword and is sworn to protect Eternia and the Power of Grayskull. Thats how I see it Goddes and Sorceress = same character for me!!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I saw the Green Goddess as just that...a Goddess. An immortal being who keeps the balance between good and evil.
    Me too. I think she was very involved with the Council of Wisdom, but gave up her immortality to guard Castle Grayskull when Veena realized she was pregnant. After all, if King Grayskull really is He-Man's ancient relative, he had to have a child somehow.