Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 22 questions!
This round of questions were selected by scott metzger!
Thanks to him for his help!
1. With the reveal of Battle Armor He-Man as the January bonus figure are there still plans to rerelease/reissue He-Man in October/November as was planned? Yes. The original He-Man will be back in Nov (with slight correction to paint ops and the shoulders will be reversed). He will have a slight package change as well, which will be revealed on our Facebook page in early Aug.
2. Are the bonus figures going to be produced in a lesser quantity than regular monthly figures and will there be a lower limit placed on how many you can order? We can’t comment on production runs, but limits will remain at 10.
3. Because plastic degrades over time, can Mattel advise us on:
-what plastics MOTUC are made of?
-the optimal conditions for storing them?
-the known environmental hazards that speeds degradation (e.g.
-how long Mattel expects a MOTUC figure to last? Sorry, we can’t comment on these questions.
4. In the DCUC line, each wave assortment is chosen by a formula (Hero, Villain to the hero, major team member, etc.). Will MOTUC fall into a similar formula in future releases with say a Horde figure, a POP figure, a NA figure, and so forth? A little bit, but more as a “year” vs. a wave. Meaning we will look at each year and try and produce a certain amount of POP figures per year, X amount of Snake Men, etc…
5. Battlecat, as a "bonus figure", will not be offered with the subscription, so fans are worried about getting one. What insight can you offer us into how many you will be producing? Sorry, we can’t discuss production runs, but like the re-release of He-Man in November, if Battle Cat does well we will do a second run with a slight package change.
6. If the subscription bonus Wun-Dar will be shipped with that month's regular figure, this means that many overseas buyers will get hit by larger customs fees. Is there any way to ship them separately to international fans to help alleviate this concern? No, they will be shipped together. In the end, Mattel and Mattycollector.com is a US based company, so anyone outside the US is taking these products on import similar to how US buyers pay extra for toys make in Japan.
7. If Battle Cat is a success, it would seem Panthor might follow shortly thereafter. If both cats are a success, would Mattel look at some of the other animals in the line that can easily be reproduced as repaints? Yes. But we are also looking at other “large scale” items which can reuse parts as well for this sku….
8. With all the effort going into providing back stories for each character and taking parts of each canon to construct a story, are there any plans on releasing that story in book or comic form of any kind? No.
9. International subscriptions have paid $3 tax when signing up and fear it's not a one-time charge. Will this occur each month? and if so, will there be an option to change shipping method once more options become available to international customers to help eliminate these extra charges? This has been resolved and fans charged this fee have been refunded. Please call 1 877 GO MATTY if anyone has further questions.
10. From the summer con pictures it seems Teela has no ab crunch articulation. Is there one under her clothing and, if so, will the clothing hinder that movement? Yes, her armor will prevent mid torso movement. This was a design choice made by the Four Horsemen.
11. Is there any update on stands for MOTUC figures or Stand-packs (like 10 Stands in a pack)? Stands were revealed at SDCC and can be seen on our Facebook page. They will be available in packs in Spring of 2010.
12. It was revealed at the SDCC that there are going to be "original characters" introduced into the MOTUC line in the future. When this does happen, will these characters be part of the yearly subscription or will they be considered bonus figures? This may have been taken out of context. There are no plans to introduce original characters in the line.
13. You can change your shipping address in the store default settings. When we subscribe, will the store use the default address on file when shipping a figure? Or do we need to worry that the address on file at the time of subscription is locked in for all figures in that subscription? You can change your shipping address anytime for the subscription if you move or have other needs.
14. Now that Hordak is officially released, fans would like to know more about he origin of the name Hec-Tor Kur? Was it Hordak's original name that was dug up like Demo-Man, Sultress, and X-Man, or was he named after a Mattel employee who had a resemblance to Hordak or something like that? A lot of MOTU figures and places have names based on Greek and Latin. Hector means “to bully” in Greek. Also, if the character took the name “Hordak” as a war name, it made sense that he would have a bit of a simple sounding real name and hence the need to upgrade to “Hordak” to strike fear into his enemies. Hec-Tor fit well for all these reasons. Obviously he wasn’t born “Hordak” just as Mer-Man wasn’t born with that name.
And unofficially, his name was influenced after Captain Barbosa from POTC. It just seemed great to have such a cool character with such a simple sounding real name!
15. This year, there are numerous accounts on most toy forums of people in line who were able to buy Mattel exclusives exceeding the stated limits at the conventions. What steps are being taken to ensure that things like this will work better at future cons, and is there anything we can do to help at next year's SDCC? Limits were strictly enforced throughout the con and were not changed at all. The only time we broke the limit rule during the entire convention was to sell 10 MOTU books each to two He-Man.org members. Any other changes to limits was human error and quickly corrected.