Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.22!

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    14. Now that Hordak is officially released, fans would like to know more about he origin of the name Hec-Tor Kur? Was it Hordak's original name that was dug up like Demo-Man, Sultress, and X-Man, or was he named after a Mattel employee who had a resemblance to Hordak or something like that?
    A lot of MOTU figures and places have names based on Greek and Latin. Hector means “to bully” in Greek. Also, if the character took the name “Hordak” as a war name, it made sense that he would have a bit of a simple sounding real name and hence the need to upgrade to “Hordak” to strike fear into his enemies. Hec-Tor fit well for all these reasons. Obviously he wasn’t born “Hordak” just as Mer-Man wasn’t born with that name.
    And unofficially, his name was influenced after Captain Barbosa from POTC. It just seemed great to have such a cool character with such a simple sounding real name!

Is there any Greek fellow orger? 'Cause I think this answer is "sanata" (which means "this is what my mind made up at this moment and I hope nobody else notices" in Argentinian).

As far as I've learned, Hector (or Ektor) resembles the meaning of "the protector", "the one that defends", "the owner" or "the one sculpted"; basically references a person with good nature that has been made up by himself on his life enduring experiences.

By the way, quite dissapointing answers indeed.
    Last edited by Rhanen; August 21, 2009 at 04:11pm.