Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roboto Discussion

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar

Roboto Discussion

I know he may not be the most popular Master in the series but I was just wondering what the Classics version would be like.

I know from previous posts that he would not have any moving parts like the original but would his body still be translucent to see his internal gears?

Will he come with a chest plate like the 200X version?

I am hoping for both even if the gears don't move.

How long in the line do you think it will be before he comes out?

I would love to see Roboto with his translucent body and visible robotic gears. I loved the 200x version! However, in my opinion, if we do see him I don't think it will be for several years.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; August 24, 2009 at 09:51am.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

As I was messing with my old figures last night, there are a few figures that really need their action feature in the classic line....Ram Man, Tung Lashor, Man-E-Faces....

I would love to see a working Roboto just based on the fact that the scale is larger and the craftsmanship is tons better these days....but sans-actions features the horsemen could go nuts with Roboto's inner workings including his heart - so I guess some lack of action features is ok....but seriously...what is Ram Man without the spring?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'd love to see Roboto. It's one of the few figures that I consider the 200x version to be a vast improvement over the original - they gave him so much more character, and the original looks rather 'goofy' in comparison.

But I'm not sure how likely it is. From a line that budgets itself on unique parts, I'm not sure I can see Roboto, with his inner workings, appearing any time soon.

Maybe one day...
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

The translucent parts would definitely be nice but I would expect several other characters appearing before him!

Roboto was one of my favorite heroic warriors along with Man E Faces and Buzz Off. I hope we get him sooner rather than later. I imagine he will share the same legs as Man E and Trap Jaw, but I do hope we get some internal gears and the requisite interchangable hand weaponry.

As a bonus, I would love for a stripped down "chess playing" endoskeletal droid version of him that could also function as a Man at Arms workshop assistant. Wishful thinking I know...

I agree that 200X really scored with it's version and I would really like to see a version based on this - but I don't see it coming even in the medium term because of the amount of unique tooling that would be needed to get the action feature right. Shame though...

Heroic Warrior
    Besides Buzz Off this is the character I'm hoping for the most. But to me he HAS to have some sort of moving internal mechanism...otherwise what's the point. Since they are spending more on the line now thanks to it's success I'm hoping they can make it happen one day.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    I'd love to see Roboto. It's one of the few figures that I consider the 200x version to be a vast improvement over the original - they gave him so much more character, and the original looks rather 'goofy' in comparison.
    This post needs to be immortalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    As I was messing with my old figures last night, there are a few figures that really need their action feature in the classic line....Ram Man, Tung Lashor, Man-E-Faces....

I would love to see a working Roboto just based on the fact that the scale is larger and the craftsmanship is tons better these days....but sans-actions features the horsemen could go nuts with Roboto's inner workings including his heart - so I guess some lack of action features is ok....but seriously...what is Ram Man without the spring?
    I think differently: to me Ram man should be done without spring. It would be finally poseable and more human-like perhaps. The old versions were like bricks.

Roboto on the contrary needs rotating mechanisms in my opinion. They made it like that in the eighties and they can do even better now.

Now this is one of the few figures that actually NEED his action feature, or so I believe. (The others are Triklops, Stinkor, Mossman, Scareglow and Man-E-Faces) Also I like the 200X chestplate.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    I think differently: to me Ram man should be done without spring. It would be finally poseable and more human-like perhaps. The old versions were like bricks.
    This. He doesn't have to have a spring to be a guy who uses his head as a battering ram.

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I loved the 200x version so I hope it's similar to that. And of course he needs his action feature because thats whats so cool about the figure. I was hoping they would make Scarglow after Roboto so he could have a translucent body, with GITD bones. Oh well
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I agree with most of you. The 200x version was superior this is one of the few who I would vote to get a more 200x treatment. Another one would be Buzz Off but I'll save that to a different topic.

I hope that when they make him they give him attachments for both arms instead of one. I want to place two arm cannons like in MYP where he blows everything away.

Roboto doesn't need the ab-crunch articulation if you ask me. I could leave without it so he could get the mechanisim inside to work properly.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Roboto is one of my all time favorite characters as well. He's one of the top on my list that I would love to see in the Classics line. I hope they find a way to bring him into the line.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It this matter I must agree that the 200X version of Roboto seemed more "realistic" than the vintage version. I would hope that there would be a compromise when this character finally gets around to being made, not that I have a burning urge to have him. However, I hope they don't choose to include his annoying-as-hell, lame, gratingly awful voice on the character and his Imperial Stormtrooper-like aiming capabilities.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I LOVE Roboto, and I'm still hurting from not being able to find the 200X figure. I can't find anyone who has the dang thing out of the package ('cause I'm not paying MISB prices for something I'm gona rip open) and willing to sell it.

Anyway, I'm really excited to see what they come up with! Though I didn't think flocking was a good enough reason to loose articulation on Moss Man, I think I could lose the chest articulation for moving gears and a clear view of them for Roboto. Otherwise, I don't know how else you could get the look across. I mean, any sort of painted detail would just look ugly.

However...the only thing I can think of that would be cool, is molded detail inside the top half of the torso (you'd keep the ab crunch). They could have the removable chestplate like the 200X version, and inside you'd see molded gears and other details (perhaps even a removable heart!). Yeah, I think I could get behind that!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I LOVE Roboto, and I'm still hurting from not being able to find the 200X figure. I can't find anyone who has the dang thing out of the package ('cause I'm not paying MISB prices for something I'm gona rip open) and willing to sell it.

Anyway, I'm really excited to see what they come up with! Though I didn't think flocking was a good enough reason to loose articulation on Moss Man, I think I could lose the chest articulation for moving gears and a clear view of them for Roboto. Otherwise, I don't know how else you could get the look across. I mean, any sort of painted detail would just look ugly.
    Roboto was my absolute most favorite toy from my childhood. I MUST have him in the MOUTC line. I would be more than willing to sacrifice the ab-crunch for translucent gear action feature.

Like Alexx, I too missed out on the 200x version - which I still want loose and not paying a mint for. Still have my Roboto from my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It this matter I must agree that the 200X version of Roboto seemed more "realistic" than the vintage version. I would hope that there would be a compromise when this character finally gets around to being made, not that I have a burning urge to have him. However, I hope they don't choose to include his annoying-as-hell, lame, gratingly awful voice on the character and his Imperial Stormtrooper-like aiming capabilities.

Could not agree more.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I liked the 200X version a lot. I like the direction they were going with him for sure. I do think they went too far though. The boots were ridiculous and the roll cage around his rib cage was strange once I got used to it.

This would be a good opportunity to blend he two previous version a bit. Though deep down I'd rather have him more like the original. There was a great deal of charm with the figure, and it was lost on me with the newer toy. This is speaking of the toys only, as the old Filmation Roboto character was pretty lame, and the MYP was handled much much better.

For MOTUC: take the 200X version, give him MOTUC Trap Jaw's boots (or similar anyways), chill with that roll gage and stupid missiles sticking out from his back (yuck), and give him a good pain job this time, boom, I'm happy.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; August 24, 2009 at 06:58pm. Reason: general spelling errors
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

I'm looking forward to him too. Maybe if they can use his parts for a dark armored robot warrior, it will make his torso more economically feasible?

I really hope that Roboto comes eventually (as with all characters!!!) and that he has his simple red heart as in the original toy and mini comic. I love Roboto!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Roboto's one of my favorite He-Man toys of all time. Great character. But, I'm partial to robots anyway. His original toy was nice, but his 200X version was just awesome.

I'm hoping for a 200X version, with some 80s nods, for a MotUC. Mostly just the attachments and inner gear movement from the 80s, rest is all 200X.

...now if I can only get a 200X Roboto.
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

I would love a "classic" styled MOTUC Roboto! I did love his 200X update as well, but we already got a pretty awesome 200X styled Roboto figure! So I definitely want this one to be more classic than 200X. I mean unless they wanna do a 200x Roboto as a "bonus" figure like we're getting "Zodak" as a bonus figure, but I honestly don't see much of a point in doing that, since, aside from proportions, the 200x Roboto stayed pretty true to the classic figure.
    – No comment.

Lucky i searched to see if this type of thread existed i was gonna start one lol.

Where do i start? I cannot wait for Roboto to be announced and the day i am able to buy him would be a great day indeed to say the least. I have complete faith that the FH will come up trumps and deliver on Roboto, i'd definitley like the gears to function but we'll see what happens. In a perfect world there'd be the vintage & the bonus 200X but i'll take what i can get lol.

Here's hoping for an SDCC suprise...